Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2774 2775 [2776] 2777 2778 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4229088 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41625 on: November 06, 2020, 08:44:24 pm »

In mildly amusing news, it appears that McSally has now managed to lose not one, but both of her state's GOP senate seats? Anyone know if that's a historical first for the country?
My genuine joy at Mark Kelly winning is very hard to top, but seeing McSally fail as she did does engage some serious schadenfreude.

Hasn't been elected once, has been serving as a senator for like 2 years now? Yeah no.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41626 on: November 06, 2020, 09:17:23 pm »

Retributive justice DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING POSITIVE FOR SOCIETY.

Horseshit. We punish plenty of things as retributive justice as a society.
Uh, doing something and doing it being anything positive are two different things. Like, I'm guessing this is getting caught up in an argument or something, but you and me both know there's plenty of shit society does commonly that just makes everyone involved fucking miserable to no benefit worth mention, if any at all.

The only arguement I've seen that retributive "justice" does fuckall helpful is the concept that without something, people are going to take things into their own hands. Other than that, literally everything I've seen that wasn't entirely discredited finds the shit is a net negative for everyone involved, from accused to victims to society. It makes worse criminals, generally does basically nothing for victims at best, and a weaker nation, just kinda' flat out. There's nothin' horseshit about saying it does nothing positive for society.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41627 on: November 06, 2020, 11:19:21 pm »

Resorative justice tries to fix what happened, to improve the overall situation to prevent such events from happening again, and that's cool.

Retributive justice tries to slap a prettier label on eye for an eye and solely exists to scare people and serve as a reminder that no matter how much it sucks at the bottom quintile of income, there's always another level of suck you can fall into.

I'm fine with restorative justice, if someone is wronged, make them whole again however you can, if someone commits an offense, identify the cause of this and work on that, don't ruin their life for it to make an example of them.

I like the general argument you got here, but is there any reason to keep invoking Spin's name and shitting on him? I just think it's distasteful to talk badly of people when they're not even part of the conversation or essential to its subject. Now that I mention it though, Spin hasn't posted in a few days, which is odd cause you'd think this would be prime posting time for the guy.
He's a very visible example, he's unashamed of it, and I get annoyed when people call HIM max. If he has a problem with it, well, I doubt he has a problem with it given past interactions. I consider the possibility of my words hurting his feelings as likely as the possibility of his words hurting my feelings: impossible, I can't give a fuck what he thinks of me, I doubt he can give a fuck what I think of him, he's established this beforehand as I recall.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41628 on: November 07, 2020, 12:16:14 am »

Damn, even Fox News has turned on Trump lol. The current Fox News comment sections are hilarious with his remnant supporters going berserk against it.

It was really just a matter of time before the expected dropping of Trump like a hot potato by the conservative networks. However, during the election count even exceeds my expectations.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41630 on: November 07, 2020, 02:24:45 am »

Rats run from sinking ships
usually they didn’t help sink the ship in the first place
Black lives matter.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #41631 on: November 07, 2020, 06:18:10 am »

Somebody sticks a needle in their own arm, who is the person they are hurting that they should be punished for?

I dunno, their kids? Their families? Their neighborhood? Community? People they sell it to? Entice to use it? Abuse to get it?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41632 on: November 07, 2020, 08:22:43 am »

It's clear where you both fall. Can we drop the issue on this web forum about the dorf game?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41633 on: November 07, 2020, 09:37:34 am »

Though these are the lower-boards, not DF-focussed, I have been wondering for a while if I should suggest starting/hijacking a different non-DF General thread given the firm drift from direct AmeriPol.

(...but "he who is without sin", etc)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #41634 on: November 07, 2020, 10:09:12 am »

Drug use, insofar as it relates to policies pertaining to drug use, is absolutely within the realm of American politics.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41635 on: November 07, 2020, 10:20:58 am »

Discussion, yeah, but this is a slow burn of people talking past one another.

Which, I guess, is Ameripol.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #41636 on: November 07, 2020, 11:25:51 am »

CNN just got in a batch of Pennsylvania votes and called it for Biden.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41637 on: November 07, 2020, 11:43:33 am »

It's over guys, it's finally over. Looking back, the very first post in this thread, made in 2017, was about Trump, and he's finally, guaranteed, on his way out.

All that's left is the last 3 months of angry, probably destructive tantrumming that we'll have to endure...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41638 on: November 07, 2020, 11:47:00 am »

c r a b
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41639 on: November 07, 2020, 11:49:07 am »

What will we do without the orange man? Will we return to the barbarous times of 2016, when there were rapid bans and many locked ameripol threads? Or will there be a golden new age of peace and harmony among these boards?
Pages: 1 ... 2774 2775 [2776] 2777 2778 ... 3567