Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2763 2764 [2765] 2766 2767 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227522 times)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #41460 on: November 04, 2020, 03:40:29 pm »

I'm not even a "Trump supporter". I only voted for the guy because I think his victory is marginally less likely to lead to a civil war, and honestly, I'm fine with civil war anyway, I just don't want to personally act to bring it closer.

What will happen in the world is outside your control.

LMAO that you don't find the logical contradiction disturbing.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41461 on: November 04, 2020, 03:42:01 pm »

Out of curiosity...

What happens if trump goes to the Supreme Court like he’s been saying, the Court rules against him, and when the votes are all in and counted...

He still ends up winning?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #41462 on: November 04, 2020, 03:45:02 pm »

Meanwhile the big losers of the election are the pollsters whose polls ended up reflecting some bizarro non-reality yet again
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41463 on: November 04, 2020, 03:45:24 pm »

if that happens you will never hear from me again
Black lives matter.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41464 on: November 04, 2020, 03:46:18 pm »

The last time anyone was convinced by a stranger on the internet was in 1956, and that was in an argument about shoelaces.
Don't be silly. It was about aglets...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41465 on: November 04, 2020, 03:50:27 pm »

The last time anyone was convinced by a stranger on the internet was in 1956, and that was in an argument about shoelaces.
Don't be silly. It was about aglets...

Shoelaces.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41466 on: November 04, 2020, 03:53:08 pm »

So this is how liberty dies, sticking your fingers in your ears and repeating "You just can't handle him because he speaks facts and gets things done."

This brain dump brought to you by every single interaction I've had when discussing things with a Trump supporter. Without exception.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41467 on: November 04, 2020, 04:52:12 pm »

Biden needs any two 2* of the remaining states to win. Looks like Michigan is more likely Biden, with a margin of >60k.  Nevada would seal it, but that margin is only 8k... so pretty tight.

The other swing states have Trump ahead by much larger margins, I don't know if PA or NC will have enough mail-in votes to flip. GA might, it's a lot closer.

This is of course not accounting for lawsuits and other "shenanigans."

I'm trying to remember if this is the same or worse than the drama with Bush/Gore in Florida. It's easy to think this is worth, because it is "now", but I don't really remember.

EDIT: *well except the combo of NV+NC; that would be one short.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:06:46 pm by McTraveller »
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41468 on: November 04, 2020, 04:58:18 pm »

I'm just waiting for the 2020 update to the "faithless elector" Wikipedia page.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41469 on: November 04, 2020, 04:59:44 pm »

Looking at Google, seems like Trump is holding his lead in PA, GA, and NC with Biden holding MI and NV.  Going by what's said for current Electorial Totals and adding those states in (along with Alaska/Hawaii), 270 Biden, 268 Trump unless there's a notable shakeup, and if it didn't screw up Nebraska and Maine's potential shenanigans.  Faithless electors at max danger, even if not malicious but by spelling mistakes/other mixups.

Notably, this is before challenges and recounts which will be especially fierce in Michigan and Wisconsin especially due to the sudden spikes you can see on the charts that leave them very suspicious for anyone on the Republican side, especially with it being near totally for Biden and no real visible change for Trump.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:03:55 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41470 on: November 04, 2020, 05:12:32 pm »

It's going to be a messy 1-3 months ahead regardless of how one cuts it.

Edit: At least.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41471 on: November 04, 2020, 05:15:12 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:09:19 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41472 on: November 04, 2020, 05:15:31 pm »

Guys adding a little to my earlier post, from what I can gather the thing is basically over, so congratulations for all of you that are democrats/voted for Biden.

I know many of you migth think of my as a salty, old and crusty dude with retrograde thoughts (specially from how many reacted back then when I told you guys I would probably be a republican if I were an USA citizen), but it is my deepest wish today that Biden lives up to your expectations and perform top notch or at least better than Trump in all aspects because, well because you deserve the best for you, your families and your country, for real.

I also hope the civil war thing just exists in spin head.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:17:15 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41473 on: November 04, 2020, 05:18:22 pm »

If Biden wins it'll almost certainly be with a Republican Senate, meaning we see very little legislation/action on much at all (especially under the current Supreme Court). Might end up being a victory for the status quo, with some of Trump's biggest executive actions going away but not much else of note.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41474 on: November 04, 2020, 05:20:03 pm »

It's going to be a messy 1-3 months ahead regardless of how one cuts it.

Edit: At least.

Oh that's certain.  Disinfected ballots not running, sharpies apparently being handed out in Arizona which aren't able to be read by the machines, machines getting bugs, some absentee and in-person ballots getting merged for a bit in one state, any shenanigans with mail-in ballot security...

At the very least, all the scrutiny will mean we will be able to find all the holes in the system. Whether anything is done about them...who the fuck knows, frankly.  Establishment going to Establishment.

Guys adding a little to my earlier post, from what I can gather the thing is basically over, so congratulations for all of you that are democrats/voted for Biden.

Oh fuck no, this roller coaster ain't even close to ending.  Back and forth in Florida in 2000 basically allowed Bush to win and its crazier than hanging chads here.  This ain't going to be over til the Electoral College vote goes through.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 2763 2764 [2765] 2766 2767 ... 3566