Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2678 2679 [2680] 2681 2682 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4224313 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40185 on: October 06, 2020, 09:55:24 pm »

I see that "nearly all the Joint Chiefs Of Staff" are self-isolating, due to a positive test in their inner circle. I don't know if that will help or hinder the Tehran-nuking process.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40186 on: October 06, 2020, 10:26:03 pm »

I thought it was only Trump’s decision?

What happens if the guy with the nuclear football has to self-isolate?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40187 on: October 06, 2020, 10:30:35 pm »

We know the football's code was actually all zeros and the Joint Chiefs knew this for several decades already. Fact is, it's almost certain that "launch authority rests with the President" as a polite fiction to the reality that they could mostly or totally launch of their own accord, even without the President's knowledge.

The "rapid response" nukes are supposed to be on a two-minute launch prep - honest fact is that probably doesn't include a call to DC. Hell, the subs probably can't even contact DC half the time, and they're supposed to be the ace in the hole for a successful first strike on US ground misses anyway. The President and the Joint Chiefs are most likely all dead in that scenario - they don't need anyone's security code to launch.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40189 on: October 06, 2020, 11:56:17 pm »

I thought it was only Trump’s decision?

What happens if the guy with the nuclear football has to self-isolate?
There are five aides (from different branches) who take turns carrying the nuclear football according to a secret schedule.

But evidently, one of them is actually already infected. One hopes they were using hand sanitizer.

I see that "nearly all the Joint Chiefs Of Staff" are self-isolating, due to a positive test in their inner circle. I don't know if that will help or hinder the Tehran-nuking process.
Yes it seem the Admiral of the Coast Guard caught it.

For context: Trump declared an end to the ongoing Stimulus talks between the Treasury Secretary and Pelosi until after the election.

Also for context, the Dow dropped 600 points in minutes after he announced the backtrack.

#winning
My thoughts upon hearing this. Really does make me wonder if those theories that Trump is extremely high on his steroids is true.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40190 on: October 07, 2020, 12:04:30 am »

Was reading headlines on CNN and decided to pop over to FOX News to read theirs. It's really like a separate reality to everyone else. The big happening news according to FOX at the moment is Hillary's emails.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40191 on: October 07, 2020, 12:24:05 am »

Unclear so far what this will actually translate to, but the FOX bit is (probably) about Trump's tweet this evening that "any & all documents pertaining to the single greatest political CRIME in American History, the Russia Hoax" are to be declassified, along with "the Hillary Clinton Email Scandal. No Redactions!"

Again, unclear what this actually means. My guess is that Barr's going to come out with some new report to try and change the story or create their own 'October surprise'.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40192 on: October 07, 2020, 12:46:12 am »

If I have to spend literally the rest of my life hearing about Buttery Males and people keep caring about it I'm going to ascend to my astral form and annihilate reality, I swear to fuck.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40193 on: October 07, 2020, 12:49:28 am »

You're not allowed to destroy reality before I become as gods, Metal.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40194 on: October 07, 2020, 12:50:22 am »

Godhood is a lie of the weak, there are only Buttery Males waiting for you beyond the final theorem.
No Gods, No Masters.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40195 on: October 07, 2020, 01:24:38 am »

Every time I see "buttery male", I have a stark moment where I have to reign in my headmeats, as they go off the rails trying to connect it with a scene from a LEXX episode.

https://lexx.fandom.com/wiki/Nook

The planet of the milk-fed boys

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40196 on: October 07, 2020, 02:04:47 am »

Politico's got an article describing some of it - some new (heavily redacted) materials. Doesn't include pictures of the documents in it, though they're floating about without too much searching required (or delving into the universe of Trump's twitter).

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/06/trump-russia-ratcliffe-426868

I'm having trouble making sense of it, but the crux seems to be a US intelligence report saying that Russian intelligence was talking about a possible Hillary effort to distract from the email scandal by some sort of plan revolving around Trump and Russian hackers.

The documents are so redacted it's kind of difficult to make much sense of what they mean or what the context is, honestly, though I'm not steeped in this realm. (Edit: Politico's sources argue that the Russian 'intelligence' was just part of their ongoing misinformation campaign back in 2016.)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40197 on: October 07, 2020, 05:37:04 am »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40198 on: October 07, 2020, 06:40:39 am »

Politico's got an article describing some of it - some new (heavily redacted) materials. Doesn't include pictures of the documents in it, though they're floating about without too much searching required (or delving into the universe of Trump's twitter).

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/06/trump-russia-ratcliffe-426868

I'm having trouble making sense of it, but the crux seems to be a US intelligence report saying that Russian intelligence was talking about a possible Hillary effort to distract from the email scandal by some sort of plan revolving around Trump and Russian hackers.

The documents are so redacted it's kind of difficult to make much sense of what they mean or what the context is, honestly, though I'm not steeped in this realm. (Edit: Politico's sources argue that the Russian 'intelligence' was just part of their ongoing misinformation campaign back in 2016.)

It's really hard to read anything specific from the documents I'm seeing, but Politico's take does make sense given the sliver of context included. Won't stop Trump supporters from running with it, but I'm unsure if it will sway anyone not already convinced.

I'm reminded of the Simpson's scene. https://youtu.be/SxI7B758XBQ
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 06:43:11 am by sluissa »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40199 on: October 07, 2020, 06:53:10 am »

Pence has apparently agreed to allow a plexiglass barrier to be erected near him at the debate as long as it understands that he's a very heterosexual, married man and he can ignore how hard and firm that barrier is, its warm, unyielding surface beckoning his touch...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 2678 2679 [2680] 2681 2682 ... 3566