Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2669 2670 [2671] 2672 2673 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227326 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40050 on: October 03, 2020, 12:16:59 am »

Shit, maybe that magic spell I half-assedly put in that spoiler is working?

Phhht!
Confirmation bias ahoy.

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if this "mask theater" bullshit the right has been pulling literally is the death of them?
Especially given that apparently none of Trump's coterie at the debate were wearing masks, even after being offered them.

Which brings me to wondering when the Trump Boys and Ivanka get their results back?

New nightmare scenario -- Trump recovers but Ivanka dies. Trump, stricken with grief, demands China clone her* or face war.

*"Only...maybe make the boobs a little bigger this time?"

Russia probably holds the original clone patterns though, given her mother came from a Soviet bloc country. Unless you're suggesting they were misplaced alongside some nuclear warheads which eventually made their way to China.

It would explain why Trump is simultaneously terrified and also angry at China. Hostile yet perfectly willing to appease. They're holding his family's clones hostage.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40051 on: October 03, 2020, 12:24:22 am »

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if this "mask theater" bullshit the right has been pulling literally is the death of them?
No Trump doesnt practice what he preaches. He takes good precautions and was a germaphobe wven before the Pandemic, and Bob Woodward's book makes it clear Trump gets  how to stay safe. He just makes others do it so he can appear strong.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40052 on: October 03, 2020, 12:55:43 am »

Yeah, Trump's best family relationships were probably with his brothers, and he didn't seem to particularly care when either of them died save lying about not drinking because of the first one.

If anything, he'd probably be happy to get rid of most of his children. Maybe not Ivanka, barely. Definitely Eric.

Oh by the way, stupid asshole Democrat Cal Cunningham probably just sunk his campaign by being a fucking horndog moron who'd lose an IQ test to a pile of dogshit, so unless Tillis actually does get rona'd it looks like we're stuck with him after all. Fucking Democrats.
Yeahhhh, I was about to come post about that. Goddamn it Dems, at least be smart enough to use a burner phone if ya gotta have "the sexts", as the young people say.

Or just fucking embrace it and make it part of your campaign platform -- a nude in every phone.

EDIT: Ok, may not be that bad. The actual texts are so mild even Mike Pence wouldn't get turned on. And I'm hearing rumors that Cunningham might be in an open relationship (and believe me, that is way more common around here than you might think).

Also, seeing a lot of people giving literally zero fucks about this.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 01:07:58 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40053 on: October 03, 2020, 01:32:15 am »

Trump made a short tweet saying, quote "Going well, I think! Thank you to all. LOVE!!!" It remains unclear if they are Herman Caining him at this time. He is also confirmed to be using Remedsvir. Oh Trump's campaign manager tested positive too.

(The current one, not the former one (who was until a few months ago mind) who is currently under medical observation after a standoff with police a few days ago threatening to blow his brains out. The latter is fine, he had announced like the day before that he was stepping away from the campaign due to, quote, "enormous stress").

This is a long-winded way of saying it's a damn it's a good time to be stepping away from that campaign for your health, I must say.

Other news: The Census Bureau has reluctantly accepted the Judge's court order and has extended the deadline for data collection to October 31st, from the 5th; Census Employees were sent texts confirming they will continue to enumerate until then. I got the text message today just like the news said so I guess I have a job until then.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:05:32 am by misko27 »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40054 on: October 03, 2020, 08:22:48 am »

Yeah, Trump's best family relationships were probably with his brothers, and he didn't seem to particularly care when either of them died save lying about not drinking because of the first one.

If anything, he'd probably be happy to get rid of most of his children. Maybe not Ivanka, barely. Definitely Eric.

Oh by the way, stupid asshole Democrat Cal Cunningham probably just sunk his campaign by being a fucking horndog moron who'd lose an IQ test to a pile of dogshit, so unless Tillis actually does get rona'd it looks like we're stuck with him after all. Fucking Democrats.
Yeahhhh, I was about to come post about that. Goddamn it Dems, at least be smart enough to use a burner phone if ya gotta have "the sexts", as the young people say.

Or just fucking embrace it and make it part of your campaign platform -- a nude in every phone.

EDIT: Ok, may not be that bad. The actual texts are so mild even Mike Pence wouldn't get turned on. And I'm hearing rumors that Cunningham might be in an open relationship (and believe me, that is way more common around here than you might think).

Also, seeing a lot of people giving literally zero fucks about this.

Now am I understanding this newfangled technology right and this Cal guy is the gray bubbles to the left, right?

Honestly as far as sexting goes this looks very innocent and sweet. I'm assuming the only thing to be upset about is that he might have a wife he's cheating on?

Other news: The Census Bureau has reluctantly accepted the Judge's court order and has extended the deadline for data collection to October 31st, from the 5th; Census Employees were sent texts confirming they will continue to enumerate until then. I got the text message today just like the news said so I guess I have a job until then.

Am I misunderstanding or isn't that good news?
Love, scriver~

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40055 on: October 03, 2020, 08:26:50 am »

Pretty sure 45 has never used the word "love" in that context and the tweet doesn't insult anyone.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40056 on: October 03, 2020, 08:55:46 am »

“Going well, I think”? Not buying it, Donald is never that unsure.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40057 on: October 03, 2020, 09:20:51 am »

The GREATEST recovery doctors have ever seen.  Nobody has beat off the china virus better than me.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40058 on: October 03, 2020, 09:21:36 am »

I saw at least one call for him to pose with a current newspaper, in his next video message...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #40059 on: October 03, 2020, 10:04:20 am »

Surely this is not to cover up that he has already started exhibiting alarming symptoms or anything. /s (what with his predisposition to cardiac trouble, which has been shown to statistically elevate risk factor for severe covid symptomology by a tremendous margin, along with his age, and his high cholesterol diet-- his rapid onset of symptoms here is alarming if you are worried about his health at all...  Suuuuuure white house PR people. "Abundance of caution."  Suuuure.)

Yeah, if Trump has any heart issues, this will likely kick his ass.  My dad has had issues with atrial fibrillation for a few years.  Normally something that would effect him maybe once a week for a couple hours.  He got COVID back in March, his respiratory symptoms weren't bad and he recovered from it just fine.  But... he was in afib for, I think, 4 months straight afterwards, and developed pericarditis.  It was about 5 months before he started bouncing back from the aggravation of his heart conditions.  And he's otherwise a pretty healthy guy.  Extremely athletic in his youth and still very active in his late 50's.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40060 on: October 03, 2020, 11:31:44 am »

Am I misunderstanding or isn't that good news?
Yes it actually is really good news! The Census has huge impacts on everything from Federal funding to House seat distribution to local laws, so it's very important to have it be as accurate as possible. An extra month is a big deal.

I think at the least, they took away his phone; I do not believe he would not be tweeting right now.
Yeah, if Trump has any heart issues, this will likely kick his ass.  My dad has had issues with atrial fibrillation for a few years.  Normally something that would effect him maybe once a week for a couple hours.  He got COVID back in March, his respiratory symptoms weren't bad and he recovered from it just fine.  But... he was in afib for, I think, 4 months straight afterwards, and developed pericarditis.  It was about 5 months before he started bouncing back from the aggravation of his heart conditions.  And he's otherwise a pretty healthy guy.  Extremely athletic in his youth and still very active in his late 50's.
I know he was being monitored for irregular heartbeat earlier this year. Perhaps he is right to be concerned.

In addition I know the White House has been cagey about admitting when Trump knew about Hope Hicks being infected; if trump really does need the hospital currently, there's a possibility he had it already and they were forced to admit it when it was leaked that Hope Hicks was infected (which was a leak, and not something they admitted on their own, btw). It's unusual for someone who was just showing symptoms to go to the hospital so soon.

Anyway. Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin (love that name) has announced he is infected with COVID-19, making him the third to declare so in 24 hours. With Republicans having 53 seats in the Senate, the loss of three senators is a big deal for the GOP. Two other GOP Senators are in quarantine (Actually, apparently Ron Johnson was in quarantine after being exposed previously, and managed to get infected as soon as he left). The Senate will not return on Monday as scheduled but will recess until Oct. 19 instead. Curiously Ron Johnson is not a member of the Judiciary Committee; his infection must have occurred after that SCOTUS nomination, perhaps at one of the GOP Senate lunches.

Chris Christie has also tested positive, now. He had tested negative on Tuesday but retested after Donald's infection became public. Chris Christie helped do Trump's debate prep, so the avenue for that infection seems pretty clear.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40061 on: October 03, 2020, 11:33:50 am »

Also, wouldn't there be doubts about whether or not Trump is healthy enough to go into the more invasive (am I using this right?) or straining treatments/surgeries to begin with?
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40062 on: October 03, 2020, 11:39:25 am »

Man, Trump just keeps on cucking Chris Christie, even when he's not trying to do it! Ted Cruz is going to have to hurry up if he wants to claim that coveted title of Most Cucked Republican now. If Christie dies and Trump lives I might just laugh forever.

Also, wouldn't there be doubts about whether or not Trump is healthy enough to go into the more invasive (am I using this right?) or straining treatments/surgeries to begin with?
Eh, what's there to say? He's the President. They'll use all the secret and experimental drugs and every possible measure monitored in realtime to keep him alive. The only way it's possible for him to die is because of something beyond what medical science can fix. They'll Hail Mary on one of those artificial hearts and shit of that nature before they let him die, it's just not conceivable that they'd do anything else. Surgical risk doesn't even factor into it.

Unless Pence or some well-spoken alphabet men decide to have a quiet word with the doctors, anyway...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #40063 on: October 03, 2020, 11:46:45 am »

He's probably fit enough. Honestly I don't think he's a parangon of health but he doesn't look to horrible, IMO. If he was just a rando in my clinic I'd say ecog 0-1 and probably fit at the very least for high dose chemo. Maybe not autologous transplantation (maybe)

Anyway,  if he becomes unwell he'll get the full pack either way regardless of his health, no doubt about it.

Bear in mind that the limiting factor for ICU for "unhealthy" people has been low ICU availability resulting in triage in favor of those more likely to survive (high mortality in the "unfit" group nonwithstanding, it's hard to argue that life support is more "harmful" than terminal respiratory failure. At worst it might be futile, but realistically in normal circumstances even severe patients get given an icu chance if they're not dying from something else at the same time).

Given that this doesn't apply to Trump he'll get full ICU care no matter what.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40064 on: October 03, 2020, 12:02:02 pm »

They'll Hail Mary on one of those artificial hearts and shit of that nature before they let him die, it's just not conceivable that they'd do anything else. Surgical risk doesn't even factor into it.
For some reason, that made me think of Lloyd Bridges' character from Hot Shots.

"My eyes are ceramic. Caught a bazooka round at Little Big Horn. Or was it Okinawa? The one without the Indians."
"My ear canals are very sensitive. They're stainless steel. Took a bullet at Corregidor, 1945."
"I have a sensitive bladder. Got part of it blown off at Guadalcanal in 1942."

Now I'm picturing him coming back half-cyborg, and someone saying "He's more machine now than man, twis--actually, he's nicer now."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 2669 2670 [2671] 2672 2673 ... 3566