Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2666 2667 [2668] 2669 2670 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227842 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #40005 on: October 02, 2020, 06:49:15 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:52:55 pm by dragdeler »
let

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40006 on: October 02, 2020, 06:58:47 pm »

Oh good, the Biden campaign is pulling all advertising which is negative to Trump. Fucking great. God damn, they want to lose the election even harder than I thought they did!

Have you considered that perhaps they are trying to go from the disaster that was the debate to a more dignified means of winning the election, i.e. proving that you are a good choice for President rather than that the other guy is just a terrible choice?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40007 on: October 02, 2020, 07:01:25 pm »

I for one hate how 90% of political ads are "the other person sucks" rather than why I should vote for them at all.

As for why biden's doing that, he probably doesn't want to look bad punching down on someone who might be on a ventilator in the next two days or so.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40008 on: October 02, 2020, 07:02:13 pm »

Yes, I am aware of the incredibly fucking dumb theory of politics that the Democrats operate under. Even when real people are waiting with baited breath to hear Trump go into a coma, they have to have their West Wing fanfic "high road". They're very good at using it to lose.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40009 on: October 02, 2020, 07:04:38 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:52:58 pm by dragdeler »
let

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40010 on: October 02, 2020, 07:05:29 pm »

Sanders didn't run any personal attack ads, right? It's a decent stance to take if it's actually about committing to a consistent message and acting on it, but only making the change immediately after the opponent falls ill feels much worse. This sounds like cultivating the image of decency rather than Biden actually having anything substantial to say about how campaigns are done in America.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40011 on: October 02, 2020, 07:07:53 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:53:01 pm by dragdeler »
let

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40012 on: October 02, 2020, 07:09:40 pm »

from the same person mind you who found it loathsome that I'd mock anti abortion propaganda
Uh, that's not what I said, what I said I found loathsome was your deliberately insulting and self-satisfied attitude toward someone whose views (on abortion) you disagreed with. Which is still the same thing you're doing here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40013 on: October 02, 2020, 07:10:33 pm »

Sanders didn't run any personal attack ads, right?
Yes, and that was a fucking stupid thing to do. That is what happens when you let yourself be infected by liberalism. Today, Sanders is off campaigning for his Good Friend Joe who's gonna lose the election and plunge us even faster into hell.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40014 on: October 02, 2020, 07:11:39 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:53:05 pm by dragdeler »
let

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #40015 on: October 02, 2020, 07:13:30 pm »

Yes, and that was a fucking stupid thing to do. That is what happens when you let yourself be infected by liberalism. Today, Sanders is off campaigning for his Good Friend Joe who's gonna lose the election and plunge us even faster into hell.

Hopefully the current state of liberalism will die when Joe Biden loses to Mike Pence.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40016 on: October 02, 2020, 07:18:11 pm »

Fascistic how I spit on the notion of genocide. Your name was never more apt.
Since you mention it, replacing questions of fact with questions of moral purity ("is X true" vs "is X right") and declaring people Bad for not even agreeing with, but only talking about something contrary to your political position is pretty fascistic, yes. The very fact that you say you spit on the "notion", the concept, not the practice, but that you actually refuse to countenance a worldview in which genocide is a real thing that can be spoken about instead of merely "spat on" with emotional appeals... is very much fascistic.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40017 on: October 02, 2020, 07:19:43 pm »

Given how divisive this election is, and how often Trump does and says things to remind people where they stand in regards to him, would attacks ads make any difference at all? I mean, you don't need an ad to tell you Trump is an assface shit-for-brains, Trump does that already for free.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40018 on: October 02, 2020, 07:23:55 pm »

Hopefully the current state of liberalism will die when Joe Biden loses to Mike Pence.
I think I've discovered some kind of new emotion in these past twenty minutes. I am actually not even moving from my spot, just sitting here marinating in this new weird level of rage over what Biden has done, and was apparently planning to do before Trump was hospitalized. It's like something out of a parody video.

I can't even respond to this kind of anger. It's all at once bewildering and yet, it's exactly what I've always thought about the Democrats. There's nothing I can do. This country is terminally stupid in every possible direction at once and we're all going to die because of it.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40019 on: October 02, 2020, 07:25:12 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:53:08 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 2666 2667 [2668] 2669 2670 ... 3567