Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2665 2666 [2667] 2668 2669 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4227624 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #39990 on: October 02, 2020, 05:47:13 pm »

So for what it's worth the flying to Reed was actually just a few minutes ago (I live within visible range of the chopper route). He seems to be walking okay, according to local live footage.

If it is the same footage he put on Twitter, he looks and sounds like shit.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39991 on: October 02, 2020, 05:49:26 pm »

Well, I can at least I say the choppers definitely flew overhead. Local stations were acting like it was their reporter live footage, and they're not Trump fans.

Edit: I haven't seen whatever he sent out, mind.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39992 on: October 02, 2020, 05:52:45 pm »

To say it "works" you have to make an insanely narrow point (since we established that it doesn't work) that can be super easily misconstrued into a super toxic belief system, I mean like find another moment to shine
I just don't understand why anyone would care whether a fact "can be super easily misconstrued into a super toxic belief system". That kind of thinking is utterly beyond me and I wholeheartedly reject it.

(ETA: And while we're at it, our entire modern food system runs on eugenics and I can't emphasize this enough. It's an incredibly novel and fascinating definition of "doesn't work" that you have there.)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 05:59:22 pm by Maximum Spin »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #39993 on: October 02, 2020, 05:57:02 pm »

Modern genetic research says it wouldn't "work" because you can't eliminate carriers of recessive traits from the population because everyone is a carrier for at least one genetic disease. So eugenics "working" just involves forcibly euthenizing people who express the traits, forcibly sterilizing the relatives of people who express the traits.

The Perfect is the enemy of the Good. Instead of euthanizing or sterilizing anyone who possesses a single undesirable gene, just offer scaling tax incentives relative to the quantity of undesirable genes possessed. People who are highly likely to make really fucked up sick kids will have to pay more if they choose to do so. Conversely, people who are likely to make relatively healthy kids will receive a tax break if they choose to do so.

You don't have to make the world a perfect place. Just leave it better than it was when you got here.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39994 on: October 02, 2020, 05:58:17 pm »

Truly a modest proposal.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39995 on: October 02, 2020, 06:04:16 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:52:49 pm by dragdeler »
let

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39996 on: October 02, 2020, 06:06:19 pm »

Oooh! Apparently the new Q talking point is that Trump actually isn't sick, this was orchestrated to move him to "a secure location" so that the widespread arrests of the Deep State can begin.
I choose to believe I called it.

Also Trump has been moved to Walter Reed Hospital. He has been given that experimental monoclonal antibodies treatment as well; prior to the hospital move I believe.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39997 on: October 02, 2020, 06:14:04 pm »

He's been moved to a hospital already? That's either a severe case of jumping the gun or it's a good deal more serious than I expected.

Save the hospital beds for the actually serious cases, Trump.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39998 on: October 02, 2020, 06:15:58 pm »

when it simply serves to introduce hesitation in us laying down our shackles.
There are no shackles.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39999 on: October 02, 2020, 06:16:59 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:52:52 pm by dragdeler »
let

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40000 on: October 02, 2020, 06:21:23 pm »

Yes, hospital. For the next few days. Its also particularly difficult to find quotes from people of his condition who've actually spoken to him since Thursday.

A photo of him going to the hospital shows him walking under his own power; main change was wearing a mask for once.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40001 on: October 02, 2020, 06:22:26 pm »

He's been moved to a hospital already? That's either a severe case of jumping the gun or it's a good deal more serious than I expected.

Save the hospital beds for the actually serious cases, Trump.

News footage makes it appear to be a precaution since he was still up and walking around, looking more or less like he always does.

It'll probably be a couple of days before we know if he'll develop severe symptoms.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40002 on: October 02, 2020, 06:25:17 pm »

I'm seeing people saying they were given sped-up footage? Not sure if that's true or not.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #40003 on: October 02, 2020, 06:37:15 pm »

See this makes it so tough to read.

Don't blame others for your own faults, man.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40004 on: October 02, 2020, 06:39:47 pm »

Oh good, the Biden campaign is pulling all advertising which is negative to Trump. Fucking great. God damn, they want to lose the election even harder than I thought they did!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2665 2666 [2667] 2668 2669 ... 3566