Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2580 2581 [2582] 2583 2584 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4225167 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #38715 on: August 15, 2020, 07:27:24 pm »

I'm not saying it will now, but you need to be aware that any time that bad shit happens in history you have people saying the exact same thing, scoffing how it could never happen.

The thing that makes it less likely however is that Trump hasn't fired all the generals and put his buddies in charge of the army or anything like that.
Yes, exactly. I'm not scoffing that it could never happen, I'm scoffing that it isn't happening NOW. It could happen, but right now, a lot would have to change between here and November.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38716 on: August 15, 2020, 08:28:50 pm »

Well, it isn't really. But whoever still supports him, after the near avalanche of information...I just don't know what to say or how someone can willingly support that. Though supporting certain evil people in history has been found as a crime, unless it wasn't so much the supporting, but of the actions done to support that person. Still...I have no idea how one would be able to vote for trump after so much has come out against him. I guess "fake news" and not believing it, but there have been many close to him that quit or got fired and they never have anything good to say.

Well, there's this whole thing. It definitely lends some credibility to Trump's accusations about a Deep State out to get him.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:32:37 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #38717 on: August 15, 2020, 08:30:32 pm »

There is no point in the US military anyway except to terrorize the world,

Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania would probably take issue with that, given that the US military (via NATO) is one of the biggest things keeping Russia from trying to re-annex them the way chunks of Ukraine and Georgia were forcibly reannexed within the last fifteen years. Which is probably why Russia is pumping so much effort into "Destroy NATO" propaganda and backing neoisolationists like Trump sometimes is.

Also, every analysis shows the military to be skewing anti-Trump by a huge margin. Those Facebook groups tend to be people cosplaying as military rather than actual vets.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38718 on: August 15, 2020, 08:34:43 pm »

Taiwan would disagree too. There's not a whole lot that's prevented China from annexing the place for the last 60 years *other* than the force of arms of the US and the proxies they've supported such as Japan and South Korea.

Great power is an asset to the world however great power is easily misused as well. And then you got shit like Trump just pulling out of northern Syria and leaving groups with strong pro-US sentiment to die -_-

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38719 on: August 15, 2020, 09:22:19 pm »

Well, there's this whole thing. It definitely lends some credibility to Trump's accusations about a Deep State out to get him.

I'd argue that's less about 'out to get him' and more about how the FBI has been pretty horrible about things like that since Hoover ran it (quite possibly even before). Likely when they got wind of the potential for Russia activity, they brought to bear all the policing practices that we see in e.g. the Abusive Policing thread. Less 'conspiracy' and more 'target of opportunity'. It's relatively uncommon for courts to actually crack down on procedural shenanigans by police, sadly.

At any rate, the type of action there - scrubbing mention of a source that might raise reliability/bias flags - is relatively low on the scale of American law enforcement abuse. Not arguing it's not bad at all, just that it doesn't quite meet the threshold for 'Deep State' conspiracy.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38720 on: August 15, 2020, 09:46:11 pm »

I'm not even sure the Qanons would bring that thing up. That someone fudged an email so that he could present that to a judge and get a warrant to investigate something doesn't actually fit with the deep state / Qanon conspiracy theory. The very idea that the deep state needs warrants to do something undermines the basis of the theory.

So this particular judge isn't in the deep state so they needed to doctor the email. but, in that case, are any judges in the deep state, and if so, why didn't they get a deep state judge to just sign the warrant? Surely if you had to present the doctored email to get the warrant, you could have gone to a nudge-nudge wink-wink deep state judge and have gotten him to give you a warrant with no email, just stating "we have evidence to believe XYZ but it's classified" and the judge go "well that's ok then, warrant granted'.

The more "deep state" evidence gets tied up with petty paperwork issues, the less convincing the overall "ruthless satanic overlords" narrative becomes. Like one of the ruthless satanic overlords gets finished munch on children's faces then goes to make a move against Trump, but is told to do so he needs to go across town to the courthouse and get a J73-A form, and get that signed by the district attorney, and he sighs, and says "well I'll munch a couple of children's faces first, then go across town and get the correct form on my lunch break".
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 09:50:30 pm by Reelya »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38721 on: August 15, 2020, 11:32:35 pm »

Not really politics, but Trump's brother died.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38722 on: August 15, 2020, 11:41:34 pm »

As long as Trump doesn't do a Shaka Zulu you'll be ok.

Shaka had made enough enemies among his own people to hasten his demise. It came relatively quickly after the death of his mother Nandi in October 1827, and the devastation caused by Shaka's subsequent erratic behavior. According to Donald Morris, Shaka ordered that no crops should be planted during the following year of mourning, no milk (the basis of the Zulu diet at the time) was to be used, and any woman who became pregnant was to be killed along with her husband. At least 7,000 people who were deemed to be insufficiently grief-stricken were executed, although the killing was not restricted to humans: cows were slaughtered so that their calves would know what losing a mother felt like.

Pretty much the most epic dummy-spit in history.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38723 on: August 16, 2020, 02:05:45 am »

From A Little Flu?! Unpossible!

It must have been some DEEP STATE HIT!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38724 on: August 16, 2020, 02:09:58 am »

From A Little Flu?! Unpossible!

It must have been some DEEP STATE HIT!
Uh, no, he fell at 71 and suffered a brain bleed.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38725 on: August 16, 2020, 02:13:57 am »

I thought I read his brother had the crow plague?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38726 on: August 16, 2020, 02:23:23 am »

I thought I read his brother had the crow plague?
Not officially.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38727 on: August 16, 2020, 02:43:21 am »

Given the Post Truth nature of that ... political group...  Even if it were true, I doubt they would fess up.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38728 on: August 16, 2020, 03:24:44 am »

Given the Post Truth nature of that ... political group...  Even if it were true, I doubt they would fess up.

There's suspicion because they haven't announced why he died. But even if they did, there'd still be suspicion, so who knows anymore. Brain bleed seems the most likely case, though.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38729 on: August 16, 2020, 03:42:47 am »

There's suspicion because they haven't announced why he died. But even if they did, there'd still be suspicion, so who knows anymore. Brain bleed seems the most likely case, though.
Family reportedly said brain bleed at at least one point.
Pages: 1 ... 2580 2581 [2582] 2583 2584 ... 3566