Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2542 2543 [2544] 2545 2546 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4223854 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #38145 on: July 19, 2020, 09:35:56 pm »

Kanye’s rally.

I don’t want to say what I think, but I don’t think Kanye is well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38146 on: July 19, 2020, 09:39:23 pm »

He's definitely not. He's been having the world's richest and most public mental crisis for years on end now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38147 on: July 19, 2020, 09:41:51 pm »

Sadly, his tear-muddled stance on abortion is better than most Christian politicians.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38148 on: July 19, 2020, 10:27:09 pm »

The "american dream" was a hoax from the get go. Death of a salesman, and all that.

It was relatively true post WWII.  The US economy flourished once every other economy on the world was bombed to dust, and for once in history the working class actually reaped the benefits of this growing economy.

Its just that level of broken windows (hopefully) isn't possible anymore, and the rest of the world has reached US levels of prosperity, or more likely the US has fallen back to "normal" levels.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38149 on: July 20, 2020, 03:09:38 am »

U.S. District Judge Esther Salas is presiding over the Deutsche Bank/Jeffrey Epstein civil case after it was assigned to her 4 days ago.

Her husband and son were shot in their home this evening by a gunman dressed as a FedEx driver. Son died, husband is in critical condition.

https://twitter.com/AdamJLowy/status/1285029994079686661
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38150 on: July 20, 2020, 03:32:45 am »

I can hardly wait for all the murder investigations, and subsequent trials.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38151 on: July 20, 2020, 03:40:31 am »

Geesh, horrible.
If the intent was to scare her off, it might just have the opposite result.  If her husband dies too, that will be a judge who has nothing left to lose.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38152 on: July 20, 2020, 04:02:27 am »

I read speculation that the goal is just to delay the trial until after the election.

And of course it could be unrelated.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:04:26 am by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #38153 on: July 20, 2020, 04:44:11 am »

Geesh, horrible.
If the intent was to scare her off, it might just have the opposite result.  If her husband dies too, that will be a judge who has nothing left to lose.

The motive behind the terror could be to scare of subsequent judges, were she to quit from grief (or, you know, mysteriously disappear). :/

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38154 on: July 20, 2020, 04:52:13 am »

She was home with them at the time but in the basement and so may have been the intended target.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38155 on: July 20, 2020, 05:36:47 am »

Posting this for its uniqueness as a more-or-less-conservative-op-ed on the current situation.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/507984-for-the-left-its-not-just-a-presidential-election-its-a-total-takeover

It's so far into conspiracy theory territory, I don't know what even; but still interesting to read, if just to scratch my head and go "Is that what they really perceive?"

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38156 on: July 20, 2020, 06:10:48 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:33:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38157 on: July 20, 2020, 08:13:33 am »

Posting this for its uniqueness as a more-or-less-conservative-op-ed on the current situation.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/507984-for-the-left-its-not-just-a-presidential-election-its-a-total-takeover

It's so far into conspiracy theory territory, I don't know what even; but still interesting to read, if just to scratch my head and go "Is that what they really perceive?"

There’s a lot in there that made me audibly exclaim.

Highlights for me: the glossing over of fossil fuel subsidies when mentioning the MARXIST HORROR of renewable energy subsidies.

Suggesting that inheritance is wealth gained on merit.

Mentioning Nixon as an apparent conservative icon, despite his criminal activities in office.

Suggesting Trump is the only president to encourage the opposition party to cock block him at every opportunity, ignoring what the Republicans did to Obama.

There were otheres, but it’s early and I really don’t want to read it again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38158 on: July 20, 2020, 08:15:43 am »

I was recently made aware of the twitterverse conspiracy theory that Joe Biden has been replaced by a more leftist double/Soros funded clone.

All based on the way his ears look in two pictures 20+ years apart.

The internet is fun.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38159 on: July 20, 2020, 08:25:16 am »

I was recently made aware of the twitterverse conspiracy theory that Joe Biden has been replaced by a more leftist double/Soros funded clone.

All based on the way his ears look in two pictures 20+ years apart.

The internet is fun.

It explains his bleeding eye that one time.

And he said, "If you don't like it, vote for the other Joe."

Pepe Silvia doesn't even exist!
Pages: 1 ... 2542 2543 [2544] 2545 2546 ... 3566