Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2541 2542 [2543] 2544 2545 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4224086 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #38130 on: July 19, 2020, 04:16:18 pm »

I think he’s just gone crackers and everyone around him is too frightened to tell him to stop.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38131 on: July 19, 2020, 04:24:36 pm »

I think he’s just gone crackers and everyone around him is too frightened to tell him to stop.

That means he gets voted in right
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #38132 on: July 19, 2020, 04:32:24 pm »

That means he gets voted in right

I’m not sure if that’s a bad thing, and that is terrifying.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38133 on: July 19, 2020, 07:08:13 pm »

I'm ashamed to be American. We're sick. We deserve destruction. We've failed the Founding Fathers. We. Have. Failed. As. A. Nation.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38134 on: July 19, 2020, 07:47:10 pm »

I'm ashamed to be American. We're sick. We deserve destruction. We've failed the Founding Fathers. We. Have. Failed. As. A. Nation.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #38135 on: July 19, 2020, 07:47:26 pm »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38136 on: July 19, 2020, 07:48:26 pm »

How can we have failed, when we're doing pretty good at all the shitty goals we set out to do?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38137 on: July 19, 2020, 08:12:00 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:30:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38138 on: July 19, 2020, 08:16:31 pm »

I disagree.  We have lots of wrongs, yes.  But we don't need to be destroyed - we need to be restored.

(Ninja'd a bit by dragdeler!)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38139 on: July 19, 2020, 08:20:58 pm »

Ah yes, restored. Because past america was great.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #38140 on: July 19, 2020, 08:30:17 pm »

I thought it was a throwaway tweet or joke, but it's actually semi-real?

Kanye schedules his first presidential campaign event.

Being the cynical person I am, I suspect he's doing this to get a slice of that sweet campaign contribution embezzlement system. (I thought he was pretty interesting back in the early/mid 2000s, but he's changed quite a bit since.)

It's funny that two days ago I saw an article saying he dropped out, but an article from the day before said he'd just officially registered with the Federal Election Committee.

Ah yes, restored. Because past america was great.

I'd say the original constitution was a pretty good idea, in its context. It is no longer valid, of course, and in action, has been steered way off course.

That American spirit could still be brought back, though, in the form of a completely new country copying the French, just like last time. At which point, destruction and restoration are semantics.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38141 on: July 19, 2020, 08:49:19 pm »

The American Dream was a fluke that cannot be replicated today.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38142 on: July 19, 2020, 08:56:18 pm »

This country has literally never not been monstrous. Even once you trade away the worst of the internal atrocities you get brand new external atrocities. And the remaining internal atrocities are still pretty high up there!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38143 on: July 19, 2020, 08:57:35 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:33:28 pm by dragdeler »
let

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38144 on: July 19, 2020, 09:33:14 pm »

The "american dream" was a hoax from the get go. Death of a salesman, and all that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 2541 2542 [2543] 2544 2545 ... 3566