Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1751 1752 [1753] 1754 1755 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4221672 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26280 on: November 30, 2018, 04:31:41 am »

Fun fact: The HK416, the weapon we were given in the Norwegian military, has a teensy problem if used for an extended period without thorough cleaning.

Namely, the fire rate starts increasing as the gas port gets clogged up. Eventually it hits the point where the gun becomes full-auto whether you want it or not, and will burn off every single round in a magazine without stopping. Pull trigger once, receive 30-round burst.

And because the weapon is designed as well as it is, you actually can't even access half the gun in order to clean it without the advanced maintenance tools that only the armory gets to use.

But hey, it's light and accurate... who cares if it had a tendency for the bolt to freeze solid in cold weather?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #26281 on: November 30, 2018, 04:39:41 am »

That is very odd. That's essentially a hybrid of the AR-15 and AR-18 designs, and neither of those had issues of that sort. I wonder how it was introduced.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26282 on: November 30, 2018, 04:45:22 am »

Fun fact: The HK416, the weapon we were given in the Norwegian military, has a teensy problem if used for an extended period without thorough cleaning.

Namely, the fire rate starts increasing as the gas port gets clogged up. Eventually it hits the point where the gun becomes full-auto whether you want it or not, and will burn off every single round in a magazine without stopping. Pull trigger once, receive 30-round burst.

Slamfire is only fire.  Given how many Russians you're going to have to kill in WWIII, you'll be grateful that you don't have to hold the trigger down :D
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26283 on: November 30, 2018, 04:49:41 am »

That is very odd. That's essentially a hybrid of the AR-15 and AR-18 designs, and neither of those had issues of that sort. I wonder how it was introduced.
Incest, obviously.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #26284 on: November 30, 2018, 05:49:56 am »

2018 : We thought we'd get flying cars, we got caps lock keys on firearms

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26285 on: November 30, 2018, 01:19:11 pm »

And because the weapon is designed as well as it is, you actually can't even access half the gun in order to clean it without the advanced maintenance tools that only the armory gets to use.

But hey, it's light and accurate... who cares if it had a tendency for the bolt to freeze solid in cold weather?
Sounds Orky.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26286 on: November 30, 2018, 01:29:10 pm »

Meanwhile, Trump is endorsing books.

Did he find out if the train could?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26287 on: November 30, 2018, 01:32:36 pm »

Meanwhile, Trump is endorsing books.
I liked when he was endorsing that book about two Corinthians.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26288 on: November 30, 2018, 02:39:44 pm »

Sounds Orky.
At least it's not a stealth fighter jet using its own fuel as coolant, so it will explode if left in the sun or if it keeps its weapon bays closed for a few minutes. Opening its weapon bays also void its stealth capabilities
Waaaaaasteeeeee caaaaaaaaaaaash

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26289 on: November 30, 2018, 03:12:30 pm »

Its all good.  You just slam the gun against a wall repeatedly until the gunpowder goes off.  The magazine has padding so the round in the chamber is the first to go.

That, or just shovel ammunition into an oilcan fire pointed vaguely somewhere else*. As we all know, more guns make everything better; a gun that is constantly firing all the bullets that can physically fit inside it in random directions is therefore an admirably egalitarian panacea. Spraypaint it red, white, and blue* and NRATV will probably pay you for the privilege of advertising it*.

*do not do this. Do not do any of these things.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(if you're wondering where that's from it's a movie called "Railroad Tigers".)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:14:18 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26290 on: November 30, 2018, 06:00:34 pm »

Sounds Orky.
At least it's not a stealth fighter jet using its own fuel as coolant, so it will explode if left in the sun or if it keeps its weapon bays closed for a few minutes. Opening its weapon bays also void its stealth capabilities
Waaaaaasteeeeee caaaaaaaaaaaash
The crashed plane was an F-35B variant, which is capable of taking off from a short runway and landing vertically

I mean... Technically...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(if you're wondering where that's from it's a movie called "Railroad Tigers".)

And here I was thinking you were going to link the image of that schematic for the turrets in Portal, with its innovative "70% more bullet per bullet" technology.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26291 on: November 30, 2018, 09:33:05 pm »

All planes can land vertically at least once...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26292 on: December 03, 2018, 01:28:03 am »

I'm too tired but I want you to know I wish I had it in me to set up the "I'm a simple pole in a complex plane" joke here.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26293 on: December 03, 2018, 10:02:07 am »

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/12/will-the-europa-missions-be-iced-after-congressmans-defeat-not-right-now

At least one potential casualty to partisanship and the blue wave.

Damn frustrating when dems take anti-science positions.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26294 on: December 03, 2018, 10:24:24 am »

Behold, possible voter fraud:

Washington post link, sorry
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1751 1752 [1753] 1754 1755 ... 3566