Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4233286 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #24555 on: October 23, 2018, 09:28:08 pm »

Quote from: Donald Trump
There's no proof of anything.

I kinda love this statement. It's like, there's no way to prove absolutely that anything is or is not real, therefore any ridiculous thing Trump chooses to say is automatically equally as true as anything anyone else says. I think this may actually be how Trump's mind works.

Jaden Smith 2020.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24556 on: October 23, 2018, 09:46:31 pm »

I kinda love this statement. It's like, there's no way to prove absolutely that anything is or is not real, therefore any ridiculous thing Trump chooses to say is automatically equally as true as anything anyone else says. I think this may actually be how Trump's mind works.

That's almost certainly the case. Trump, as we know, has a worldview that is fundamentally zero-sum; if anything happens anywhere and you didn't win, someone else did and you lost, and that win or loss has value in and of itself quite apart from the magnitude of the issue itself. This includes things that are in no way about him, thus the infamous "bride at every wedding, baby at every christening and corpse at every funeral" affect that so shocked the Boy Scouts, but it also means that any fact is, in effect, an attack. If he's worth a certain amount of money, he's not worth ten times as much. If he said one thing, he cannot have said the opposite when it's more convenient. Facts trap you, and, as we know, Trump is obsessed with counterpunching even when it doesn't make any sense just so he can't be said to have acknowledged anything ever -- because that grounds his image in reality rather than in his own nonsense.

He's like that really pathetic kid we all grew up with whose response to any statement was "who says?" and/or "wanna bet?" because challenging everything makes people pay attention to him, except he learned how to monetize it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24557 on: October 23, 2018, 09:48:02 pm »

Jaden Smith 2020.

How can our election be real if our votes aren't real.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24558 on: October 23, 2018, 11:57:58 pm »

How can our election be real if our votes aren't real.

Most aren't, at least looking at the house of representatives. Going by the counts for the 2016 congressional elections, 30.1% of votes were wasted on doomed candidates (not including third parties) and 35.8% were wasted as surplus. The votes wasted on third parties were another 4.3%, for around 70.2% total. In other words, 29.8% of the votes nationally decided the outcome, and the other 91 million votes may as well have been sent as emergency relief to victims of hurricanes as toilet paper. Put a third way, 12% of the total population decided what the house would look like.

Interestingly, 61 of the sitting congressmen weren't even elected (they ran unopposed, the only names on the ballot; literally any schmuck who could win a primary could get in). I particularly admire the 264,414 upright Vermonters who dutifully voted for their one option for their state's only representative. Considering the $174,000 salary, that sounds like a pretty sweet racket.

While voting is one of the least effective things you can do, obviously it isn't pointless; by voting, you likely exist as a small part of a data point inside the databases strategists use when deciding how to most efficiently waste their constituents votes with gerrymandering and whether or not to waste any of their team's owners' money on a campaign.

Unless you're one of the ones lucky enough to be drowning in super-PAC ads right now, anyway.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24559 on: October 24, 2018, 12:18:02 pm »

Surprised nobody is talking about this: https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/clintons-obama-suspicious-packages/index.html

Theres not a huge lot to talk about other than the particular circumstances atm.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24560 on: October 24, 2018, 12:43:44 pm »

Voted today. Now to wait and see how the dominoes fall.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #24561 on: October 24, 2018, 12:48:14 pm »

Surprised nobody is talking about this: https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/clintons-obama-suspicious-packages/index.html

Theres not a huge lot to talk about other than the particular circumstances atm.

Just to summarize, there are currently 5 packages containing live explosives that have been identified at different locations. These packages were mailed to CNN, the Obamas, the Clintons, and other people, all of whom are linked by being on the top of Trump's shit-list.

Edit: Now up to 7 packages. At least one of them also included a white powder.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 01:09:01 pm by Folly »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24562 on: October 24, 2018, 12:56:27 pm »

It.... seems unlikely that Trump's administration is sending mail bombs to people.

I'm sure it's some alt-right psycho.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24563 on: October 24, 2018, 01:33:55 pm »

It.... seems unlikely that Trump's administration is sending mail bombs to people.

I'm sure it's some alt-right psycho.

Well, the cries of "false flag" are already ringing out, so almost certainly.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24564 on: October 24, 2018, 01:38:47 pm »

And even when the culprit turns out to be a certifiable non-deniable MAGA hat wearing Trump supporter, they'll just disown as not being true MAGA.

Now, obviously the majority aren't extreme like that, but the kind of environment that leads to them claiming false flag attacks (there will always be some saying that though. Don't know how widespread the false flag claims are) is one where they won't pause and say 'something's wrong here, we really need to knock it off.'

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24565 on: October 24, 2018, 01:48:34 pm »

And even when the culprit turns out to be a certifiable non-deniable MAGA hat wearing Trump supporter, they'll just disown as not being true MAGA.

Now, obviously the majority aren't extreme like that, but the kind of environment that leads to them claiming false flag attacks (there will always be some saying that though. Don't know how widespread the false flag claims are) is one where they won't pause and say 'something's wrong here, we really need to knock it off.'

Well, it's hardly a neutral source, but it seems to have propagated through the usual wingnuts from Coulter to Jones: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/10/right-wing-commentators-have-already-decided-the-explosive-packages-are-a-false-flag/

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24566 on: October 24, 2018, 02:10:42 pm »

Yeah but those are the people that claim the moon landing was a false flag for alien democrat lizard invasions.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24567 on: October 24, 2018, 02:19:05 pm »

Yeah but those are the people that claim the moon landing was a false flag for alien democrat lizard invasions.
All with the purpose of taking away the guns and infecting kids with COMMUNISM! Won't anyone think of the children!?!?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24568 on: October 24, 2018, 02:20:18 pm »

All with the purpose of taking away the guns and infecting kids with COMMUNISM! Won't anyone think of the children!?!?

They're going to replace the guns with fluoride .

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24569 on: October 24, 2018, 02:28:00 pm »

They're going to replace the guns with fluoride .
Did you find that while performing the act of love, and now exclusively drink all-natural rainwater?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 1636 1637 [1638] 1639 1640 ... 3567