Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1622 1623 [1624] 1625 1626 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4242238 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #24345 on: October 17, 2018, 05:13:18 pm »

The question was something in the last year, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24346 on: October 17, 2018, 05:15:41 pm »

Ha ha Cruz is secretly a serial killer *jazz hands* was the idea. I did not convey it well. It's a popular conspiracy theory.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24347 on: October 17, 2018, 05:19:22 pm »

I know, but didn’t Trump basically accuse him of being the Zodiac Killer? That was decades ago.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24348 on: October 17, 2018, 05:23:45 pm »

A quick google did not reveal an accusation by Trump (maybe it's out there, I'd be unsurprised) but did find that he accused his Father of maybe possibly being involved in Kennedy's assassination.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24349 on: October 17, 2018, 05:29:55 pm »

Eh, maybe it was just us guys doing it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24350 on: October 17, 2018, 05:33:04 pm »

If it's only us we must have much more influence than we thought. Here's the Wikipedia Page, although clearly it's been tampered with as its been edited to say that it's only satirical. How atrocious, vandalizing Wikipedia like that for political gain. Tut-tut.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24351 on: October 17, 2018, 05:38:43 pm »

Ah, internet. There is always a deeper, heretofore unplumbed rabbit hole.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:46:06 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24352 on: October 17, 2018, 05:49:11 pm »

Yeah internet is weird enough, however it gets even weirder when algorithms start affecting what people make.

For example that channel where they did the n-word baiting of black people as a "prank" suddenly changed into a channel where Spiderman and The Joker have funtime adventures with Elsa and Anna from Frozen (SFW stuff), and subscribers of that channel tuned in and were all "WTF is this shit?". And you can find dozens of completely unrelated channels which make a constant stream of videos Spiderman and The Joker (occasionally Superman) have funtime adventures with Elsa and Anna from Frozen. And if you stumble on some of these channels you might wonder why it's almost always those two Frozen characters vs Spiderman, the Joker and Superman. The answer is because of youtube algorithms. People worked out that this combination of keywords gets you the most hits on Youtube Kid's autoplay feature. And stuff that gets watched merely reinforces the keywords involved, so all variety gets weeded out. So that's why dumb "prank" channels all turned into Spiderman/Joker/Anna/Elsa channels all of a sudden. They just abandoned their teen/millennial subscribers completely chasing those sweet, sweet toddler autoplay dollars.

This stuff isn't even memes. It's way less cool than memes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:54:27 pm by Reelya »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24353 on: October 17, 2018, 05:53:48 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24354 on: October 17, 2018, 05:54:09 pm »

Cruz has supporters?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24355 on: October 17, 2018, 05:56:57 pm »

(SFW stuff)

(X) = Doubt

Trust me these are not videos aimed at anyone old enough to push the "next' button. They're clickbait for 2 year olds, who's true audience is the autoplay algorithm. Here's a typical one I googled at random. See if you can last 1 minute. I didn't. note that there are probably 50000 other videos with exactly the same setup. Note that the comments are all about how this is cancer yet it has over 6 million views. That's because any sentient being who comes across it knows it's shit, but Youtube Kids just autoplays everything that hits the right search terms and Youtube Kids is locked down so that the toddlers don't accidentally find anything questionable, so there's no option except autoplay. These people are making far more money per video than the people who actually try and make interesting videos. so if you want to make the big bucks, buy cosplays for Joker, Spiderman, Elsa and Anna and find a guy friend and two girl friends and start cranking out utter shit. You'll be getting 6 million hits per video that took 20 minutes to film and edit, and be rich before you know it. Except for the whole fact that monetizing babies is kind unethical.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:08:12 pm by Reelya »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24356 on: October 17, 2018, 06:07:48 pm »

(SFW stuff)

(X) = Doubt

Trust me these are not videos aimed at anyone old enough to push the "next' button. They're clickbait for 2 year olds, who's true audience is the autoplay algorithm. Here's a typical one I googled at random. note that there are probably 50000 other videos with exactly the same setup. Note that the comments are all about how this is cancer yet it has over 6 million views. That's because any sentient being who comes across it knows it's shit, but Youtube Kids just autoplays everything that hits the right search terms and Youtube Kids is locked down so that the toddlers don't accidentally find anything questionable, so there's no option except autoplay. These people are making far more money per video than the people who actually try and make interesting videos. so if you want to make the big bucks, buy cosplays for Joker, Spiderman, Elsa and Anna and find a guy friend and two girl friends and start cranking out utter shit. You'll be rich before you know it.

If you dig deeper you can find some really disturbing ones.  Often violent or just oddly perverse.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24357 on: October 17, 2018, 06:12:17 pm »

I've seen a few with sexually innuendo, but frankly it's stuff that would go over kid's heads and no worse than what you saw on television growing up as a kid.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 06:33:55 pm by Reelya »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #24358 on: October 17, 2018, 08:15:19 pm »

Yes, but what he was saying is the douchebags who thought it would be funny to make a "Superman Elsa Joker Anna Spiderman" video that looks like it's for kids and then has the Joker or Elsa get brutally beheaded or something midway through.

It used to be a problem because little kids don't report videos, and adults so rarely end up watching full videos of that stuff it could stay up for a couple days and rack up thousands of views before someone responsible sat down to watch toons with their kid and got properly triggered. I'm fine with shaded sexual innuendo and sidelong glances towards the adult watching with the kid, but I feel like there does need to be a line drawn somewhere before Gorn in the kinds of media a 3 year old is allowed to access.

Animaniacs isn't a problem, but I'd be pretty wary of taking a toddler to see the new Halloween remake, ja?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24359 on: October 17, 2018, 08:44:08 pm »

So robots are basically just making videos that robots want to watch? Selfish bastards.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 1622 1623 [1624] 1625 1626 ... 3568