Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1624 1625 [1626] 1627 1628 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4241714 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #24375 on: October 18, 2018, 01:10:33 pm »

Take action=make sure to smooth over relations with such a profitable ally because oil or not we sell a fuckload of weapons to the Saudi dudes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24376 on: October 18, 2018, 02:09:17 pm »

"Action" does need to be measured though, because the US-Saudi relationship, toxic or not, does have a lot of economic clout.

Case in point: Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin made the decision not to attend a Saudi investment conference that he had been previously booked for.
The Dow fell 400 points after news of that broke.

The WH may be amoral, but "the market" is even more amoral. It doesn't give a flying fuck about doing the right thing, if it means shareholders might get a smaller return on investment.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24377 on: October 18, 2018, 02:12:58 pm »

There can only be one pariah state at a time! NK's been (pretended to be) brought back to normalisation, China's part of a hands-on political thing, it'll not be Russia, and having both the Saud and Iranian parties being terra-non-grata is too much for Trump to handle, and Iran has the religion of Saudi Arabia (at least without understanding it properly!) the regional interference of Russia, the nuclear ambitions of Best Korea and I'm sure we can liken it to China in various ways, so it's a no-brainer!

Now, when Iran has been glassed...

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24378 on: October 18, 2018, 02:35:35 pm »

There can only be one pariah state at a time! NK's been (pretended to be) brought back to normalisation, China's part of a hands-on political thing, it'll not be Russia, and having both the Saud and Iranian parties being terra-non-grata is too much for Trump to handle, and Iran has the religion of Saudi Arabia (at least without understanding it properly!) the regional interference of Russia, the nuclear ambitions of Best Korea and I'm sure we can liken it to China in various ways, so it's a no-brainer!

We glass the white house next?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24379 on: October 18, 2018, 03:49:51 pm »

How are the Republicans getting away with saying that letting Saudi Arabia assassinate an American is OK because they buy our stuff?
Khashoggi was not American.
He was a green-card holder, which, as far as American law is concerned, makes him a "U.S. Person". So he's got rights, and we've got responsibilities for him. Maybe not as American as Apple Pie, but at least as American as, say... Pizza. Or Tacos. Pizza-tacos!

So it's time to nuke Riyadh, is what I'm saying. Whichever Muslim country's military manages to reach Mecca in the ensuing anarchy becomes the new Custodian of the Holy Cities.
I really did like that one Onion pseudo-article: "Nikki Haley tells the UN that 'US will not stand by idly while Iran continues to exist.'"
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24380 on: October 18, 2018, 04:04:30 pm »

How are the Republicans getting away with saying that letting Saudi Arabia assassinate an American is OK because they buy our stuff?
Khashoggi was not American.
He was a green-card holder, which, as far as American law is concerned, makes him a "U.S. Person". So he's got rights, and we've got responsibilities for him. Maybe not as American as Apple Pie, but at least as American as, say... Pizza. Or Tacos. Pizza-tacos!

So it's time to nuke Riyadh, is what I'm saying. Whichever Muslim country's military manages to reach Mecca in the ensuing anarchy becomes the new Custodian of the Holy Cities.
I really did like that one Onion pseudo-article: "Nikki Haley tells the UN that 'US will not stand by idly while Iran continues to exist.'"

I know you're not being serious, but do you really think they'll stop at 'first dibs'? Even the Crusaders fought over who would control Jerusalem.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:06:29 pm by smjjames »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24381 on: October 18, 2018, 07:09:31 pm »

If they got rid of Iran they'd have to concoct some other threat. The idea that some of the poorest nations on Earth are going to threaten the USA with ICBMs has always been bullshit. Just building one such ICBM system would bankrupt all but the richest nations. That's why I think North Korea has effectively capitulated it's nuclear stance since they had a single accident in their program. The costs and risks ended up being too high to continue with their program. Especially considering that this country has army trucks that run on charcoal engines. They were trying to WalMart nukes and it clearly wasn't going to work.

It's just constant rehashes of Iraq WMD "intelligence" over and over. If they got rid of the muslims, NK and Venezuela they'd be saying that USA needs a bigger military budget because of Myanmar or Peru or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:46:32 pm by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24382 on: October 18, 2018, 10:44:23 pm »

I know you're not being serious, but do you really think they'll stop at 'first dibs'? Even the Crusaders fought over who would control Jerusalem.
*French Crusaders
Everyone else were being reasonable

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24383 on: October 19, 2018, 12:04:24 am »

If they got rid of Iran they'd have to concoct some other threat. The idea that some of the poorest nations on Earth are going to threaten the USA with ICBMs has always been bullshit. Just building one such ICBM system would bankrupt all but the richest nations. That's why I think North Korea has effectively capitulated it's nuclear stance since they had a single accident in their program. The costs and risks ended up being too high to continue with their program. Especially considering that this country has army trucks that run on charcoal engines. They were trying to WalMart nukes and it clearly wasn't going to work.

It's just constant rehashes of Iraq WMD "intelligence" over and over. If they got rid of the muslims, NK and Venezuela they'd be saying that USA needs a bigger military budget because of Myanmar or Peru or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: It nukes Peru. (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24384 on: October 19, 2018, 12:56:06 am »

it puts the anticucho in the bucket or else it nukes peru again

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24385 on: October 19, 2018, 02:26:53 am »

Funny thing is that's the only version of Trump I could even remotely stand, and it's just an absurd greentext joke.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24386 on: October 19, 2018, 04:24:58 am »

It's almost like our military and intelligence communities invent enemies on a regular basis to keep us distracted.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24387 on: October 19, 2018, 04:32:54 am »

It's almost like our military and intelligence communities invent enemies on a regular basis to keep us distracted.
No, we have always been at war with Eurasia.

Funny thing is that's the only version of Trump I could even remotely stand, and it's just an absurd greentext joke.
Possibly because, compared to the real thing, greenTrump is really quite humble and introspective.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24388 on: October 19, 2018, 04:45:43 am »

Oh, I figured it all out earlier:

Better nutrition improves educational results.
Better education improves overall health and financial outlook.
Better health and financial outlook greatly reduces the likelihood of miscarriage or deliberate abortion.
NOT supporting better access to food, school, and medical care means you don't care about unborn babies therefore all republicans should be in favor of those things!

Checkmate!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24389 on: October 19, 2018, 04:47:04 am »

Oh, I figured it all out earlier:

Better nutrition improves educational results.
Better education improves overall health and financial outlook.
Better health and financial outlook greatly reduces the likelihood of miscarriage or deliberate abortion.
NOT supporting better access to food, school, and medical care means you don't care about unborn babies therefore all republicans should be in favor of those things!

Checkmate!

They only care til they're born.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1624 1625 [1626] 1627 1628 ... 3568