Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1530 1531 [1532] 1533 1534 ... 3568

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4242263 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22965 on: August 27, 2018, 05:26:30 pm »

I'd assume it was more a europol thing... or (one of) the religion thread(s). Considering the general lack of importance of the pope for the U.S., even its catholics, it's probably not that relevant.

Unless the latest mess has specifically involved stateside politics, I guess, and the last thing I heard that could be related to that didn't seem to have much to do with the papacy itself so much as the general abuse-prone nature of church organization.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22966 on: August 27, 2018, 06:20:47 pm »

Nah, this time it's different. This time it specifically deals with the Pope being fully aware that one of his Cardinals was a pedophile since 2013 and did fuck all with this knowledge. Given that Bergoglio demanded zero tolerance from all of his underlings who were aware that their underlings were pedophiles, and he himself was aware one of his underlings was a pedophile; it follows, he must resign.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #22967 on: August 27, 2018, 06:36:17 pm »

Well, the Pope addressing sexual abuse within the church in Europe is happening at the same time that US news is making a stink about recent reports of massive amounts of church sexual abuse happening in Pennsylvania, so discussion here would not be entirely off topic.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22968 on: August 27, 2018, 09:09:29 pm »

Personally, I find the timing a little suspect myself. That doesn't mean that the accusations aren't true, but they do seem timed to maximize the political damage, what with the visit to Ireland in the wake of a major scandal there.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22969 on: August 27, 2018, 10:52:23 pm »

Also do we discuss the Papacy here? Or is that more a europol thread thing? Because's there's a lot going on in that particular sphere...

Theres already a religion thread or two floating around....

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22970 on: August 27, 2018, 11:34:37 pm »

Also do we discuss the Papacy here? Or is that more a europol thread thing? Because's there's a lot going on in that particular sphere...

Theres already a religion thread or two floating around....

To be fair, though, the See of Rome is a sovereign political entity and we do maintain diplomatic relations with it and therefore the Curia, so developments in those relations might fit here. I think there's an American running one of the dicasteries, too.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22971 on: August 28, 2018, 12:45:44 am »

Nah, this time it's different. This time it specifically deals with the Pope being fully aware that one of his Cardinals was a pedophile since 2013 and did fuck all with this knowledge. Given that Bergoglio demanded zero tolerance from all of his underlings who were aware that their underlings were pedophiles, and he himself was aware one of his underlings was a pedophile; it follows, he must resign.

What's with cardinals at the moment? Australia also has a trial related to that going on.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22972 on: August 28, 2018, 12:53:30 am »

In more directly american but slightly older gigglefests, anybody else see where Trump was with some kids coloring in pictures of flags and he fucked it up and did a red stripe, white stripe and then a blue stripe?

Like, yo, Melania got this shit right, little girl next to you got this shit right, just copy off of her maybe?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #22973 on: August 28, 2018, 01:04:46 am »

I dunno, it sounds a little tan suit to me. There's a lot of reasonable explanations for that.

More importantly, who the fuck exposed a kid to Donald Trump? What kind of irresponsible person would do that?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22974 on: August 28, 2018, 05:13:40 am »

I dunno, it sounds a little tan suit to me. There's a lot of reasonable explanations for that.

More importantly, who the fuck exposed a kid to Donald Trump? What kind of irresponsible person would do that?

(Urge to resist joke failing... Urk!)

A Republican!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22975 on: August 28, 2018, 05:19:22 am »

(Urge to resist joke failing... Urk!)

A Republican!
A good christian.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22978 on: August 28, 2018, 09:06:39 am »

I feel bad for the dead spies but at this point I'm glad someone is making it obvious the USA is quite fallible in intelligence matters. Hopefully we learn from it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22979 on: August 28, 2018, 09:11:51 am »

Inb4 Trump goes on a crusade to look for and execute Chinese spies in retaliation?
Pages: 1 ... 1530 1531 [1532] 1533 1534 ... 3568