Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4233439 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: new thread subtitle pending
« Reply #20295 on: May 29, 2018, 05:45:58 pm »

This is because of what they put in the tap water.

Damn you, fluoride!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20296 on: May 29, 2018, 06:35:28 pm »

*something about pretending to kill children for gun control laws*

meh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20297 on: May 29, 2018, 08:42:56 pm »

I just had a mental image of spittle flying from Alex Jones's mouth and my interest in this mental exercise took a sudden nosedive.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #20298 on: May 29, 2018, 09:45:15 pm »

You know, I'm pretty sure Alex Jones has a supplement to combat those LIBERAL GLOBALIST thoughts...

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #20299 on: May 29, 2018, 10:25:02 pm »

I do feel bad for the rest of the cast who had a chance to get back into acting, though. The show was doing well. Thanks Roseanne.

I have to wonder if the cast of the show are all pissed at Roseanne for screwing it up...or if they always knew that it would end this way.
I do feel bad for the kids though. They didn't quite have time to develop much of an identity, and will now forever be known simply as that trans kid and the black girl who ended up living with a bunch of white rednecks for some reason.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20300 on: May 29, 2018, 10:25:33 pm »

The missus was baffled by my hatred of all sitcoms, particularly the "kooky dysfunctional family" ones.

'Well, I keep expecting the dad to flip out and start choking someone, kinda ruins any possible humor before the laugh track even has a chance to stomp on it.'

Not sure why people are surprised at Roseanne being a moron though, it's been a known thing for years and years.
twitter was a mistake
*read "hitler was a mistake" and agreed completely before noticing you wrote twitter but I still agree*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20301 on: May 29, 2018, 10:27:57 pm »

twitter was a mistake
*read "hitler was a mistake" and agreed completely before noticing you wrote twitter but I still agree*

Time to hop in the time machine, and go back and compliment Twitter's paintings.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20302 on: May 29, 2018, 10:30:04 pm »

Hah, did I just Godwin twitter?

I did didn't I?

Take THAT you buncha twits!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20303 on: May 29, 2018, 10:40:01 pm »

I do feel bad for the rest of the cast who had a chance to get back into acting, though. The show was doing well. Thanks Roseanne.

I have to wonder if the cast of the show are all pissed at Roseanne for screwing it up...or if they always knew that it would end this way.
I do feel bad for the kids though. They didn't quite have time to develop much of an identity, and will now forever be known simply as that trans kid and the black girl who ended up living with a bunch of white rednecks for some reason.

I don't know if it was deliberate or just proves your point, but the boy explicitly wasn't trans (it was brought up in the second episode - he immediately identified as a boy when asked), the black girl was the daughter of the youngest child from the original series, and there's a third kid you left out completely.

In the case of the oldest kid, she found out the show was cancelled when she called in to resign over Barr's comments. Everyone seems pretty clear where the blame lies.

It is a shame, because the show was just starting to feel like the older seasons - most of the first season amounted to little more than character (re)introduction, and hadn't focused on the plot structure that made the show good in the first place. Still, cancellation was the only plausible action ABC could take here - with half the cast and staff in open revolt, there was no chance of keeping it going short of firing Barr, and she probably holds too much of the rights to make that possible.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20304 on: May 30, 2018, 09:42:09 am »

With her name being the show title, yeah, there weren't any real options to pursue.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20306 on: May 30, 2018, 05:53:51 pm »

Arguably however, the title includes the name of the group not just the man, so the concept could survive the MC's disappearance. e.g. if the show was "Roseanne's Family" then they could more plausibly kill off Roseanne and carry on.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20307 on: May 30, 2018, 07:11:49 pm »

And I think mainstream American sitcoms of today and of the last decade are less ensemble driven affairs, and are more celebrity icon driven. For every Grey's Anatomy or Always Sunny there's a Roseanne, Home Improvement, Mr. Belvedere, Bill Cosby Show, Martin Lawrence Show, Fresh Prince of Bel-air and so on. None of those shows could withstand canning the lead because they're the bed rock it's built on.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20308 on: May 30, 2018, 07:17:48 pm »

And I think mainstream American sitcoms of today and of the last decade are less ensemble driven affairs, and are more celebrity icon driven. For every Grey's Anatomy or Always Sunny there's a Roseanne, Home Improvement, Mr. Belvedere, Bill Cosby Show, Martin Lawrence Show, Fresh Prince of Bel-air and so on. None of those shows could withstand canning the lead because they're the bed rock it's built on.
Aye, but it's not a new thing: imagine The Dick Van Dyke Show without Dick Van Dyke, The Andy Griffith Show without Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy without Lucille Ball, or Hancock's Half Hour without Tony Hancock. 

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20309 on: May 30, 2018, 07:21:23 pm »

Someone is either way older than me, or watched wwaaaayyyy more Nick At Nite. I shoulda remembered Andy Griffith though, my family only owned the entire boxed set on VHS when I was growing up.
Pages: 1 ... 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 ... 3567