Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4199424 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Back to work Congress!
« Reply #16200 on: January 05, 2018, 02:04:22 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16201 on: January 05, 2018, 02:49:44 pm »

'Bout as willing to dig up the cat feces in the yard for a meal. Summarize so less people suffer from direct exposure?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16202 on: January 05, 2018, 02:53:32 pm »

My chromebook is in need of rebooting (going into deep power save puts the "soft" firmware in the audio hardware into an insane condition, and all that jazz), so the audio was not working. However, from the general appearance, the host of the show is railing red-faced and hysterical about some guy.  Given the subject text of the video, "divine smiting" is somehow involved?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: January 05, 2018, 02:57:39 pm »

I didn't have the captions on (didn't care to), but the title was descriptive enough. Seemed like one of those 'I curse you to die of old age and/or natural causes' sort of curses.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16204 on: January 05, 2018, 03:35:47 pm »

Brian Stelter (and his cohorts at CNN) are two-faced devils who hide their desire to rule all aspects of your (yes, your) existence behind a false smile and empty promises. Pretty much his usual fare, really, not sure what's special about this clip specifically.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16205 on: January 06, 2018, 12:24:44 am »

Greetings citizen, here is your daily ration of Alex Jones. Please consume.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Honestly.

I don't even.

This is some full on "how movies portray insane over the yop crazy people/villains" shit right there. He even gollums up a bit in the middle.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16206 on: January 06, 2018, 12:57:06 am »

Greetings citizen, here is your daily ration of Alex Jones. Please consume.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Honestly.

I don't even.

This is some full on "how movies portray insane over the yop crazy people/villains" shit right there. He even gollums up a bit in the middle.

You and everybody else.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16207 on: January 06, 2018, 02:01:21 am »

Hmm... The experience is indeed more profound with the audio on. 

I am unsure if it is possible to parody this. This is deep in Poe's Law territory.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16208 on: January 06, 2018, 02:24:29 am »

Hmm... The experience is indeed more profound with the audio on. 

I am unsure if it is possible to parody this. This is deep in Poe's Law territory.
In my mind, the best parody is a perfectly calm, grammatically correct version of it, wearing full business suit.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16209 on: January 06, 2018, 01:01:58 pm »

'Bout as willing to dig up the cat feces in the yard for a meal. Summarize so less people suffer from direct exposure?
Placeboing b8

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16210 on: January 06, 2018, 11:02:31 pm »

There are rumors that Jeff Sessions is going to end the policy which has allowed pot to be legal in some states (https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/04/jeff-sessions-marijuana-policy-us-attorney-enforcement-324020)

I don't smoke pot, but I think that it should be legal

Fixed your link.

This is going to hurt in the 2018 elections. The pro-legalization crowd was a pretty solid force with libertarians in 2016, and it has been something of a rallying point for states rights activists as well. Both of those groups have a lot of GOP ties, and alienating them is not a good idea.
If someone popped up and said pot support was a larger factor in third party performance in 2016 than the shit sandwiches offered... I would not be the slightest bit surprised.

When you're able to get a slim majority of republican voters in favor of something like legal weed and you aren't making that your ground floor as a democrat running for office the fact you don't choke on your own tongue regularly is amazing because you're a full on moron!

I mean, goddamn, I haven't been high in years, don't know anybody to get it from really, but if someone dropped a joint in my lap and said we have no lighters I'm willing to knock some of these rocks I'm knapping together until it ignites, yo. I miss weed, a nice buzz is great when you're doing shit like grinding an adze blade or playing dorfs or working a shitty job.

*Fuck over drug cartels by eliminating an easy profit source.
*While there is no gateway effect of the drug itself, the illegality makes it a much smaller step to other harder drugs than it would be to go from a legal buzz to an illegal one.
*You want to bitch about scrimping funding but aren't interested in saving huge amounts of police and prison spending in exchange for gaining a taxable revenue source with a guaranteed consumer base?
*There might even be something to the use medicinally, I don't even fucking care about that shit honestly, someone smoking pot probably won't be overdosing on opioids so I'm gonna count that as a health benefit goddammit!
*Seriously did I mention the huge support this shit has, if you told potheads they could get a do-over on the election and straight up put a pro-weed president in office this year if they came out in large enough numbers you're going to overwhelm the polling capacity of the nation, I'm pretty sure enough will come out for congressional elections if legal weed is used as bait to flip shit entirely.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16211 on: January 07, 2018, 10:04:18 am »

In a time before time, I had a name.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16212 on: January 07, 2018, 10:14:44 am »

The problem is that the Republicans (and in some ways, the Democrats as well) have profited from cultivating and maintaining a social panic about marijuana.  (Sarcastic fake shocked voice) Dont you know it makes white women LUST for black men? (/voice)  Since the people these ... 'ideals'... were cultivated into are not all dead, and still hold a large voter pool, (and in many respects, are represented more in total numbers as a generation in congress than later ones) any politician that is over a certain age coming out in favor of weed is going to be seen very adversely due to the cultivated social panic about the topic.

Subsequent generations see it as a bunch of horseshit.

I would give it another 10 to 15 years of life, TOPS, before the upcoming generations fully take the reign and lead us away from that madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16213 on: January 07, 2018, 10:30:30 am »

It's already starting to lead away from that madness. It's not going to be a sudden thing, what has happened is that it's been a more gradual proccess with states developing legal marjuana rules and an entire business industry growing up out of the weeds (pun intended). That industry is now worth something like 8 billion.

I've read an article or two saying that Sessions might have accelerated marjuana becoming federally legal by doing what he did because now that same industry is going to have lobbying power and will fight back.

What's also telling is that some recent Presidents (Obama, not too sure about Clinton and George W. Bush) have admitted to experimenting with weed in their college days and didn't get much flak over it.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16214 on: January 07, 2018, 11:10:54 am »

It's already starting to lead away from that madness. It's not going to be a sudden thing, what has happened is that it's been a more gradual proccess with states developing legal marjuana rules and an entire business industry growing up out of the weeds (pun intended). That industry is now worth something like 8 billion.

I've read an article or two saying that Sessions might have accelerated marjuana becoming federally legal by doing what he did because now that same industry is going to have lobbying power and will fight back.

What's also telling is that some recent Presidents (Obama, not too sure about Clinton and George W. Bush) have admitted to experimenting with weed in their college days and didn't get much flak over it.

Clinton was famous for the "I didn't inhale." quote referring to his college days. Although later recanted to "I never denied trying marijuana." Dubya was allegedly a cocaine user in his younger years before "going sober" around the age of 40.
Pages: 1 ... 1079 1080 [1081] 1082 1083 ... 3566