Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4180714 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The point being that I could see Trump was pandering, and yet getting "he's just telling it like it is!" responses. Somehow, he efficiently grouped his sub-groups for pandering so that there wasn't so much "yeah, my candidate speaking my kind of sense, but look at the desperate all-inclusiveness they're doing for people not like me".

Hillary had to deal with more disparate peoples, and visibly put more effort in. (Again, the Basket Of Deplorables thing was actually aimed at saying that the Non-Deplorable basket could perhaps be won round, but then it got spun by the bigger shit-stirrer against the original intention...)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wahh, you know how this shit couldn't get any weirder? I looked up "Trump IQ" and got this recent story:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-trump-highest-iq-tillerson-1013-story.html

President Donald Trump has challenged Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to a duel, suggesting that he and his beleaguered adviser match scores from their respective IQ tests to see who's smarter.

To be fair to the president, Tillerson has reportedly called Trump a "moron." Even away from Trumplandia, that's a fighting word.

"I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests," Trump said of Tillerson in an interview that Forbes published Tuesday. "And I can tell you who is going to win."

Basically since he was called a moron he wants to have a cage-match battle-of-the-IQs against Tillerson now. Trump seems to have a huge insecurity about his IQ vs eggheads. He's challenged people before claiming to have the "highest IQ" but nobody's ever taken him up on the matter. He's been going on about it for the last 20 years, never produced a single IQ test result to back it up.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:24:12 pm by Reelya »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

He accused the Iranian IRGC (the revolutionary guards) of promoting/supporting terrorism, but stopped short of outright declaring them a terrorist group, and an Iranian official/politician has said that doing that (or if he declares the IRGC a terrorist group) would effectively be an act of war. It was an unnamed official, not President Rouhani, so, it's just rhetoric from their politicians atm.
Heh. I can give a half decent guess why. Pretty sure that's the iranian military lot trump effectively (or outright, call back if the right evidence ever finishes showing up) laundered money for, some years back.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wahh, you know how this shit couldn't get any weirder? I looked up "Trump IQ" and got this recent story:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-trump-highest-iq-tillerson-1013-story.html

President Donald Trump has challenged Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to a duel, suggesting that he and his beleaguered adviser match scores from their respective IQ tests to see who's smarter.

To be fair to the president, Tillerson has reportedly called Trump a "moron." Even away from Trumplandia, that's a fighting word.

"I think it's fake news, but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests," Trump said of Tillerson in an interview that Forbes published Tuesday. "And I can tell you who is going to win."

Basically since he was called a moron he wants to have a cage-match battle-of-the-IQs against Tillerson now. Trump seems to have a huge insecurity about his IQ vs eggheads. He's challenged people before claiming to have the "highest IQ" but nobody's ever taken him up on the matter. He's been going on about it for the last 20 years, never produced a single IQ test result to back it up.

As I said earlier a bunch of pages ago (maybe not outright said), he says "IQ test", I see "dick measuring test", because seriously, that's how he's playing it off.

He accused the Iranian IRGC (the revolutionary guards) of promoting/supporting terrorism, but stopped short of outright declaring them a terrorist group, and an Iranian official/politician has said that doing that (or if he declares the IRGC a terrorist group) would effectively be an act of war. It was an unnamed official, not President Rouhani, so, it's just rhetoric from their politicians atm.
Heh. I can give a half decent guess why. Pretty sure that's the iranian military lot trump effectively (or outright, call back if the right evidence ever finishes showing up) laundered money for, some years back.

I forgot a detail, he also put sanctions on the IRGC. Though I suppose if he really did intentionally money launder for them some time back, it could be a liability because blackmail, nevermind the legal consequences.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

Honestly, the best thing to do with that would be to accept the challenge and prod his ego a bit so that he doesn't get cold feet, like he probably would if just called out on it.

If you laugh at him on public television, before telling him he's welcome to come at you, you might irritate him enough that he'd do something stupid. That's hitting his weak point for massive damage - the hard part is leading him on so that he comes after you, or else he'll just never show up and try to play it as him being some Light Yagami-esque motherfucker.

He's literally a schoolyard bully. Outsmarting him is simple once you have even the slightest understanding of him because it's all on the surface - that's what Pence and Kelly are doing. You can't lead him to water or make him drink, but if you have the right carrot you can convince him he's thirsty.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's also telling that he has a moron's understanding of IQ. It has never been a test of intelligence in the normal use of the word, and it loses predictive power rapidly once you get much above average. It's designed (at least in its modern incarnation) as a diagnostic tool for people with mental difficulties, to measure how easily someone can do particular types of tasks relative to others. In that limited use, it works well in concert with other diagnostic tools for figuring out how to help people.

Intelligence is not a number, and only people without much of it think that it could be. There's certainly no way to create some kind of "IQ contest" whose results would be at all reproducible, as everyone but Trump knows.

But then, that's not the point, is it? Trump fears the results of his IQ test because the number will be lower than the biggest number the morons he scams could possibly imagine; it is even possible (or, you know, certain) that someone else's number could be higher. The reason he went after Tillerson with this is because he knows Tillerson isn't childish enough to take him up on it, so he can keep saying "and Rex was too scared to take an IQ test with me." Much like his net worth, there is no reality that will not destroy the myth.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, as Reelya has said a while back, the IQ tests are really just tests on how well you do tests. And according to Trump, the size of your ipeen (intelligence 'peen').

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

goddamnitall sod this administration that asking is something you should probably to do

Did he actually use ipeen? Like, not paraphrase or hyperbole but there actually being something out there that you can quote with the bloody POTUS using that exact wording?
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

goddamnitall sod this administration that asking is something you should probably to do

Did he actually use ipeen? Like, not paraphrase or hyperbole but there actually being something out there that you can quote with the bloody POTUS using that exact wording?

I just made that up, the ipeen thing, he never said dick measuring in any word form, or ipeen either, but that's basically what he's trying to do with Tillerson. It's a play off of e-peen.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Yeah, as Reelya has said a while back, the IQ tests are really just tests on how well you do tests.
Doing good on the IQ tests also happens to correlate well with a range of cognitive abilities associated with what people commonly think high intelligence means. So if somebody scores significantly higher than you, then it's a good bet you're less of a bright spark in comparison.
Dismissing those tests as worthless is unwarranted, no matter how soothing to one's soul.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I just made that up, the ipeen thing, he never said dick measuring in any word form, or ipeen either, but that's basically what he's trying to do with Tillerson. It's a play off of e-peen.
Yeah, knew what it was riffing off of, just didn't know if it had actually shown up on twitter or wherever the blazes. Suppose we've at least not tripped over that particular sort of dialogue in regards to a sitting president. Yet.
Ask not!
Ask!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Why not. Clearly this is a very historic presidency. If we can get him to turn the shameless vulgarity up to 11, the next admin will have no choice but to be very squeeky clean.

We need a campaign to get him to drop fbombs on twitter.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Why not. Clearly this is a very historic presidency. If we can get him to turn the shameless vulgarity up to 11, the next admin will have no choice but to be very squeeky clean.

We need a campaign to get him to drop fbombs on twitter.
I dunno....I think the next admin could be run by Andrew Dice Clay and it would just seem squeaky clean by comparison. And competent.
Really, the next President is going to have the lowest bar in American history.

"Bob, this is absolutely breathtaking. The President just gave his inauguration speech and managed not to alienate anyone or cause a diplomatic rift with a foreign power. Truly remarkable."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

We need once of those "this many days since" sheets for when genitals are mentioned as a major political talking point on the national news.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Do hand references count?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 [915] 916 917 ... 3566