Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 3564

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4166550 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: D. C. on summer break
« Reply #11520 on: August 23, 2017, 02:31:48 pm »

The lels, they're too much.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11521 on: August 23, 2017, 02:32:56 pm »

Neo: If you think that guy isn't baiting, I'm not sure what evidence you need.

I try, if I can, to avoid Thought Crime. Or rather trying to lambast people for what is inside their head.

Also that his devotion to historical accuracy apparently wasn't as strong as his desire to have his AR-15 close at hand

Assuming he HAD Confederate weapons on hand :P

I love how far you're willing to expand the benefit of the doubt to right-wing troll. Especially when you're so quick to attack feminists, BLM and other leftie for what they REALLY mean.

Because I actually have their words and actions.

He says he was only there to commemorate an ancestor, but he hasn't done anything that contradicts this at least within my earshot.

Where Some BLM members, Feminists, and Lefties SAY one thing, but act out and spout another. "I believe we are all equal, but White people are scum"

Not to mention there is also a difference in advocacy.

How many people defend BLM, Feminists, and Leftist ideology against all perceived criticism even when rightfully earned? How often are those taught in schools, spouted by governments, or get to speak at the UN? How many of these win awards?

This same Criticism this kid isn't getting a pass from.

If it was the other way around and Conservatives and right leaning ideologies were the ones who were given the infinite free pass... I'd probably be quicker to bring them up too.
-Well ok... I do bring it up now that I think of it. you just don't notice because you CARE about your left leaning ideologies more :P
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:43:22 pm by Neonivek »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11522 on: August 23, 2017, 02:37:29 pm »

I mean, that is not unique to the groups you mention like at all.

You can commemorate an ancestor without going to the near-site of a recent violent riot. He could even have waited a month if it was some kind of family tradition. At best it was extremely inappropriate, at worst he was deliberately inciting violence.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: August 23, 2017, 02:39:53 pm »

Please tell me they have a D-III football team. "Now entering the field, the Pensacola Christian Holy Rollers!"

EDIT: Well of course he was kicked out. There were *GIRLS* in Charlottesville! He's been tainted!

Would be perfect, but apparently their team is the boringly named "Eagles" And they're limited to Basketball, Volleyball and Soccer. Division II though, or so they claim. I can't actually find them on the NCAA list of schools.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11524 on: August 23, 2017, 02:41:00 pm »

You can commemorate an ancestor without going to the near-site of a recent violent riot. He could even have waited a month if it was some kind of family tradition. At best it was extremely inappropriate, at worst he was deliberately inciting violence.

It probably was the riot that made it happen.

Plus it isn't like a few statues weren't pulled down by protestors.

---

And for those who think I pick on the left... ahuh...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 02:44:34 pm by Neonivek »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11525 on: August 23, 2017, 02:46:00 pm »

And now the Charlottesville statues are covered in black fabric.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: August 23, 2017, 03:00:02 pm »

It probably was the riot that made it happen.

---

And for those who think I pick on the left... ahuh...
A "few" statues weren't torn down.  Two were, one in North Carolina, one in Durham (a blue city which was already enacting legislation to remove the statues anyway).  All other statues taken down were done so legally by authorities.  Do you have any news sources to support any other statues being torn down by protestors?  Also, which riot are you referring to?  Was it the peaceful protest in Charlottesville, or something else?  Do you have any news sources asserting that this rioted happened?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: August 23, 2017, 03:00:57 pm »

Two is a few :P

Unless a few means at least 3 or more.

Do you have any news support for a riot happening?

http://globalnews.ca/news/3666841/charlottesville-virginia-rally-riots-donald-trump/

I mean if there wasn't a Riot... then why do people even care about the location? because peaceful protests happened?

---

I am trying to find out the difference between a Riot and a "Violent Protest"

But goodness are a lot of sources saying that a "Violent Protest" is a contradiction of terms. I am wondering if... the difference is political or degree of violence.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:07:03 pm by Neonivek »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11528 on: August 23, 2017, 03:06:45 pm »

No, two is a couple.  Which riot were you referring to that would relate to the video in question?

Edit: I'll help you out: it doesn't matter because it was a peaceful protest.  Also why is your news source for Charlottesville from a domain ending in ".ca", aka Canada?  It doesn't even support your point.  It does refer to the events as a race riot (which is not how US sources have been referring to it), but it also includes this line:
The “Unite the Right” rally supporters marched through the University of Virginia campus to the school’s statue of founding father Thomas Jefferson, where they were met by a much smaller group of student counter-protesters, who were eventually surrounded.
As well as a quote from the mayor saying he was disgusted by the show of intimidation against a college campus.  It also highlights how well armed the Unite the Right protestors were.  It does reference that later protestors and counterprotestors engaged in "scattered violence" with punches and thrown items, but it makes no assertions as to who started it.  So I suppose you could *stretch* that into being a riot, but if that's the riot you're refering to then it hardly supports your original assertion as to why the troll concerned citizen showed up to Charlottesville.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:22:16 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: August 23, 2017, 03:08:35 pm »

Unless a few means at least 3 or more.

Strictly speaking 'a few' does mean 3 or more in conventional english, two is 'a couple'.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: August 23, 2017, 03:10:07 pm »

No, two is a couple.  Which riot were you referring to that would relate to the video in question?

It would probably relate to the riot in Charlottesville. It is the only one that fits the time frame in question.

Then my mistake on the number of illegal torn down statues. I was wrong. Though point still stands there is some degree of belief that these statues might be torn down at any moment.

I've become disheartened under this level of scrutiny, feel free to continue discussing though :P
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 03:17:36 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11531 on: August 23, 2017, 06:33:34 pm »

So, apparently Trump committed his own cardinal sin: to be boring, at the so called rally last night.

Whether that's a fluke or he has forgotten how to rile up a crowd remains to be seen.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11532 on: August 23, 2017, 06:47:28 pm »

I'm glad no one died. That's all.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #11533 on: August 23, 2017, 08:35:31 pm »

I'm watching videos of people literally screaming and crying about how much they need the statues to come down now.

I can understand being passionate about the cause, but really, it's just a statue. I mean come on, get a life. Damn.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11534 on: August 23, 2017, 09:12:11 pm »

I'm watching videos of people literally screaming and crying about how much they need the statues to come down now.

I can understand being passionate about the cause, but really, it's just a statue. I mean come on, get a life. Damn.

Some people are just accustomed to instant gratification. That the statues have not come down after they posted a self-righteous tweet is inconceivable to them; after all, it worked on everything else they saw on Facebook, got sanctimonious about, and then forgot about because there was a cute video of a kitten.

Also, many many people have somehow come to believe that if they want something strongly and loudly enough, they will get their way. You can generally find them at the customer returns desk demanding to speak to the manager's manager, but they can't find the desk for statues.

That said, screaming and crying are harmless and irrelevant. They'll burn themselves out eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 3564