Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245584 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: The Russian shoe deepens
« Reply #9045 on: July 11, 2017, 11:46:32 am »

Seems like an attempt at self-preservation of sorts, you know, to get it the heck out there, make it look like he's trying to be transparent and cooperative, as damning as the whole thing is.

And yes, I think they're all fucked.

It's also looking more and more like the meddling wasn't just the cyberrealm, a good deal of it, maybe even the majority, was good ol' fashioned espionage legwork.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: July 11, 2017, 11:50:42 am »

You underestimate how deep the headplanting over partisanship goes.

They will unabashedly agree that Trump is a snake. What they wont agree, is that he should be removed-- because he is THEIR snake.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: July 11, 2017, 12:02:37 pm »

I really wish such measures like impeachment didn't rely on the opposition party being in power. Sure, one could make an argument that leaving it up to partianship could be a safeguard against it being abused, but it breaks the thing if the party of the President doesn't use it correctly.

If it was a President Hillary Clinton, the Republicans would probably be screaming bloody murder and be hypocritical. Though it's possible that the Democrats would be doing the same the Republicans are doing now, who knows in this environment of hyperpartianship.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: July 11, 2017, 12:11:42 pm »

I really wish such measures like impeachment didn't rely on the opposition party being in power. Sure, one could make an argument that leaving it up to partianship could be a safeguard against it being abused, but it breaks the thing if the party of the President doesn't use it correctly.

If it was a President Hillary Clinton, the Republicans would probably be screaming bloody murder and be hypocritical. Though it's possible that the Democrats would be doing the same the Republicans are doing now, who knows in this environment of hyperpartianship.
I mean they're the ones that abused the impeachment process for Bill Clinton.  Its because of Nixon that independent investigators were given great power and its because of what happened to Bill Clinton that that power got taken away.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: July 11, 2017, 01:00:14 pm »

...but his emails?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9050 on: July 11, 2017, 01:10:31 pm »

...but his emails?

Trump Jr.'s emails? They don't directly implicate Trump Sr., but the metaphorical chekovs gun is definetly pointing at him.

If the whole team is as incompetent in the conspiracy as Trump Jr. is, it's highly likely something will crop up showing that Trump knew about it in some extent.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: July 11, 2017, 01:11:37 pm »

It's just the other shoe dropping. Not like Hillary didn't have a mountain of skeletons in her closet from when she was SecState, clearly implicating her in illegal activities and taking illegal liberties with restricted communications as if the rules did not apply to her. The unanimous chorus I heard from the Left was basically "*GROAN* The emails again? Can we just ignore that please!?"  I expect similar things from the Right now.

Clinton was dirty. The Trumps are dirty too.  Who would have guessed!? /s

And before somebody tries to chip in, saying that the offenses are not equivalent-- Go read the clinton email excerpts some time. She pretty much assented to fucking with other countries and their elections, and that it was business as usual for the US.  But now, when it is the US getting ITS election meddled with!? Oh heavens no! the sky is fallin! /S

Nope. Other shoe dropped. That is how I see it.  Can we accept that election tampering is bad now, and hold our leaders equally and unequivocally accountable, and not whimper and pine when it is OUR snake being pointed out?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: July 11, 2017, 01:19:20 pm »

The worst part of all this: rich shitsacks like donnyboy and his somehow-less-competent shitsack kid aren't the sort of people who deal with consequences, literally nothing will come of this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: July 11, 2017, 01:26:36 pm »

Hillary was typical politician corrupt and the US interfering in elections has been known since about the 90s I believe (Including political assassinations executed by the US). Most of the stories of HOW she was corrupt were typically hearsay, unsubstantiated, or unfair (She isn't responsible for Bill's sex drive) even when the emails came out which was a faux pas but not anywhere near what it was made out to be. The emails spoke to the narrative that she is secretly a very corrupt and wicked lady who is trying to throw a coup on the US.
-Not that she has no actual controversy... but GOODNESS is the actual controversy low on the priority to the completely made up controversy. For example: the common belief is that Hillary Clinton murders her political Rivals.

While Trump just cranks this up to 11... Even if Trump was entirely innocent and completely competent... He acts like the most suspicious and incompetent person all the dang time.

And no matter HOW bad Trump gets the story is "Ohh but Hillary would have created a one world government"

As for election tampering. PERSONALLY I think it is exaggerated in how Russia managed it and that people are treating it as almost like Russia managed to employ mind control on the US population. In many ways I think the election tampering is being used as the excuse as to why Trump got elected.

Or rather the whole Russian Election Tampering, while it definitely occurred, is a Scape Goat and didn't amount to as much as it is said. I mean how many people who voted for Trump read a suspicious anti-Hillary article?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:29:32 pm by Neonivek »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: July 11, 2017, 01:29:55 pm »

Dont misunderstand me here--  I am not trying to turn the hyperbole knob to 11, or trying to support trump.  I am pointing out that it is hypocrisy to shelter Clinton as "garden variety corrupt", while lambasting Trump's cabinet of incompetence.

Which is worse, a criminal mastermind who actually manages to get away with it(tm), or a bumbling moron who smiles for the camera while robbing the 7-11?  I feel it is better to throw them both in jail, personally.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: July 11, 2017, 01:32:15 pm »

Dont misunderstand me here--  I am not trying to turn the hyperbole knob to 11, or trying to support trump.  I am pointing out that it is hypocrisy to shelter Clinton as "garden variety corrupt", while lambasting Trump's cabinet of incompetence.

Which is worse, a criminal mastermind who actually manages to get away with it(tm), or a bumbling moron who smiles for the camera while robbing the 7-11?  I feel it is better to throw them both in jail, personally.

Well Hillary isn't as much of a mastermind as you give her credit for. She has been in the business a long time and has a lot of connections.

As well you have fallen flat out for the Trump "I am so forward with my dirty laundry, thus I can't have any skeletons in my closet" strategy. Remember this is Donald Trump who actively put people in the poor house because it was cheaper than paying them.

Which is where the whole "no matter how bad trump does, Hillary will always be worse" thing. How many extremely corrupt things that would instantly get Hillary lambasted to hell and back have we allowed Trump to do? Those Emails are HILLARIOUSLY more controversial then Trump actually managing to one up her.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9056 on: July 11, 2017, 01:32:40 pm »

As for election tampering. PERSONALLY I think it is exaggerated in how Russia managed it and that people are treating it as almost like Russia managed to employ mind control on the US population. In many ways I think the election tampering is being used as the excuse as to why Trump got elected.

Or rather the whole Russian Election Tampering, while it definitely occurred, is a Scape Goat and didn't amount to as much as it is said. I mean how many people who voted for Trump read a suspicious anti-Hillary article?

It's starting to look like the election tampering is more exaggerated than it actually was. Sure, taking advantage of the climate with trollstorms is a rather cheap way to do it, but it's beginning to look like it's just mostly plain old spy tactics plus taking advantage of moral bankruptcy.

Why go for the voting system when you can just corrupt the campaign from within.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:34:12 pm by smjjames »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: July 11, 2017, 01:35:47 pm »

It never looked anything but exaggerated. Even early on they basically amounted to what ordinary businesses do.

How many employees did Russia use? 400?

There are more sophisticated PR groups who drop fake reviews for crappy electronics that don't work.

Yet what could they really do beyond signal boost and echo chamber? If the Russians were Americans this wouldn't even be a story: "Americans troll internet forums to get Trump Elected!"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:37:19 pm by Neonivek »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9058 on: July 11, 2017, 01:40:13 pm »

Well Hillary isn't as much of a mastermind as you give her credit for. She has been in the business a long time and has a lot of connections.

As well you have fallen flat out for the Trump "I am so forward with my dirty laundry, thus I can't have any skeletons in my closet" strategy. Remember this is Donald Trump who actively put people in the poor house because it was cheaper than paying them.

Which is where the whole "no matter how bad trump does, Hillary will always be worse" thing. How many extremely corrupt things that would instantly get Hillary lambasted to hell and back have we allowed Trump to do? Those Emails are HILLARIOUSLY more controversial then Trump actually managing to one up her.

Again, it's just the other side going "*Groan*, can we just ignore that and move on please?", just from the Right. As long as we keep collectively doing that (both sides), we will keep having snakes in office, being ever more openly and brazenly snake-like.

Trump has just one-upped the game by showing he can get away with shedding reptile skin in public-- figuratively of course. (Though the reference is more hitchiker's guide, less David Icke in nature, the latter is also quite hilarious.)

My take? STOP ELECTING LIZARDS.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: July 11, 2017, 01:43:02 pm »

I find politics to just be stupid in general.

You know what? Maybe we should just vote for the lizard people... They can't be any worse then the real people.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:48:56 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 3569