Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 3573

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4270641 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Comey testifies in front of Congress
« Reply #7590 on: June 10, 2017, 03:43:51 pm »

Pretty sure they can make them secret if needed, and making a 'top secret' category that's higher than the President makes no sense.

Would you trust knowledge about Area 51 to President Trump?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: June 10, 2017, 03:44:42 pm »

Pretty sure they can make them secret if needed, and making a 'top secret' category that's higher than the President makes no sense.

Two words
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: June 10, 2017, 03:47:24 pm »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: June 10, 2017, 03:56:32 pm »

Aliens man, aliens. If they're there, they'd have the means to make people unable to talk about them. Not even trump can defeat the power of extraterrestrial dialogue blockers. For those that believe, this does not mean Area 51 doesn't exist, just that they're not sharing their technology with trump's support staff :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: June 10, 2017, 03:59:30 pm »

Unless.....Trump is an alien, and has slowly been inserting itself into human life ala Thin Men since the 60s.

It would certainly explain a few things.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: June 10, 2017, 04:11:58 pm »

... gods, populist idiot actually a deep cover <something> bent on undermining a country is going to become more of a thing in the near future, isn't it?
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: June 10, 2017, 04:12:58 pm »

I'm sure it already has, in certain circles.

Jeff Sessions is going to speak in front of the Senate Intel committee later this week. Going to note that he chose to speak in front of the Senate Intel committee. Whether or not it's open, no idea. Maybe part of it will be open.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:50:48 pm by smjjames »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: June 10, 2017, 06:25:33 pm »

You know, one thing bothers me. When is Congress going to testify in front of James Comey? It's clear they're hiding something...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: June 10, 2017, 07:23:14 pm »

Comey, probably never, but mueller... well, that might be a different story. Probably still going to be a bit if it's going to happen and would almost certainly just be parts of it, though.
Ask not!
Ask!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: June 11, 2017, 09:51:14 am »

so puerto rico is voting on statehood today. 51 stars time.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: June 11, 2017, 09:54:39 am »

Fingers crossed. I don't think it's too likely to pass, but I want that circle-star flag.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: June 11, 2017, 10:02:28 am »

Even if they do get it passed, it still has to get through Congress, and there's no guarantee that it'll get through, given the current political climate. And I'm not sure if Trump would support it, though it'd be a free achievement to tout and brag about, given that he is desperate for one.

It's not really that big of an achievement and not particularily braggable, other than that it's been over 50 years since a new state has joined, but Trump is going to brag about it regardless.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:04:06 am by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: June 11, 2017, 10:06:11 am »

It would be an immense controversy if Congress accepted PR's petition and then Trump vetoed it. I feel like saying even Trump wouldn't do something so bullheaded, mostly because he hasn't talked about it at all and so probably doesn't care.

Both the Democratic and Republican official platforms state a desire for Puerto Rican statehood and have for some years now, so it...shouldn't...be a problem? There's been plenty of speculation on which party PR would support as a state, but they've got a competitive Republican and Democratic party internally, so I don't think it's a sure thing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: June 11, 2017, 10:16:11 am »

I'unno, and I don't recall at the moment 'cause applicable populations basically aren't where I live, but I think a question that might decide how the GOP in particular (given attempts to court the cuban/etc. vote in recent years), but both parties to a degree, would jump, is "How do minority populations in florida feel about PR statehood". Maybe another state or two that's potentially effected and not, y'know, New York.
Ask not!
Ask!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: June 11, 2017, 10:17:49 am »

Plus the Governor over there is Republican, so any real complaints about it giving Dems a leg up are rather moot. We all know Trump is desperate for some sort of positive achievement to, well, trumpet, about, this one is dropping straight into his lap free of charge and with little effort needed on his part, so, why wouldn't he jump at such a chance.

They actually did vote for it last time, but there were lots of problems with the ballots or something, so, Congress just sort of let it slide. So, hopefully there aren't any of those problems that they had last time.

The only thing remotely controversial about it are their economic problems, but they aren't the first proto-state to have economic issues before becoming a state. Didn't Texas have a whole bunch of economic issues during their brief stint as a sovereign nation (the only other states with such distinction are Hawaii because Kingdom of Hawaii, and possibly California in a brief period while waiting for statehood)?

I'unno, and I don't recall at the moment 'cause applicable populations basically aren't where I live, but I think a question that might decide how the GOP in particular (given attempts to court the cuban/etc. vote in recent years), but both parties to a degree, would jump, is "How do minority populations in florida feel about PR statehood". Maybe another state or two that's potentially effected and not, y'know, New York.

BTW, there are a LOT of Puerto Ricans in Florida who moved to the state to escape the economic problems.

The whole proccess of new statehood will be fascinating for everybody since it's been roughly two generations since a territory became a fully fledged state.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:20:47 am by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 3573