Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 3573

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4283185 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6795 on: May 25, 2017, 11:45:35 pm »

Yeah, looks like ser misdemeanor assault ended up winning. It was likely regardless considering something like 7/10ths of the votes had already been cast, iirc, but... still. Here's hoping he gets time for it. I'm kinda' morbidly curious how you work as a representative from inside a jail cell. Would you teleconference or somethin'? What I recall the few times it's happened involved a lot of letter writing, but most of it occurred before a great deal of telecom developments.

In any case, congratulations montana. You are now slated to be represented by someone with so little composure and dignity he would jump a reporter instead of answering a difficult question. Perhaps next election you can find someone in juvie for anger management issues and manslaughter.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:49:46 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: May 25, 2017, 11:51:11 pm »

Don't you have to physically turn up in congress to vote?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: May 26, 2017, 12:00:53 am »

He's a privileged rich white dude, at absolute worst, he'll be told by a judge "don't do it again."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: May 26, 2017, 12:02:22 am »

Don't you have to physically turn up in congress to vote?
Idle check suggests yeah, but it's not like the vote itself is everything involved. Also looks like some congresscritters occasionally manage to arrange things with an opposition member for the one present to abstain, effectively casting a vote by proxy. Probably some other workarounds of one sort or another, I'unno.

... mind you, I somehow doubt sma here could manage that second bit. Rather imagine collusion with the guy is going to be fairly poisonous going forward, never mind the base line issues with that sort of cooperation, particularly in relation to a modern day GOP politician.
Ask not!
Ask!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: May 26, 2017, 12:06:29 am »

Rather imagine collusion with the guy is going to be fairly poisonous going forward, never mind the base line issues with that sort of cooperation, particularly in relation to a modern day GOP politician.
I somehow doubt it.
http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-rep-duncan-hunter-weighs-in-on-alleged-1495725515-htmlstory.html
Quote from: another Republican in Congress
“It’s not appropriate behavior. Unless the reporter deserved it.”

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: May 26, 2017, 12:17:18 am »

Mate, he managed to lose local endorsements earlier today/yesterday. Some of the GOP having the ethical character of a pile of rotten chicken menses is expected, what's going to matter more is the rest of it and the media response. Any case, even if it doesn't entirely sink him with the party itself, the statement was in relation to across the aisle cooperation. At this point, a dem, or most independents, that decided to go down that route would probably be committing electoral suicide.
Ask not!
Ask!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: May 26, 2017, 12:25:56 am »

You forget that the rules don't apply to Republicans. Honestly, I think it might be because everybody is aware on some level that the GOP is evil. Hear me out.

Like, it's in character for them to worship the Constitution instead of following its values, and it's in character for them to be all "hard men hard decisions hard penis bathe in the gore of our enemies". Even Republicans will sometimes openly agree with these sentiments when there's no PR consequences. They're the evil option, at least some of the time. And much like in D&D, some people are attracted to the edginess of supporting evil.

If a Democrat beats up a reporter, it's a meaningful indicator that they're fucked up. If a Republican beats up a reporter...that's kind of in-line with their ethos anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: May 26, 2017, 12:29:31 am »

If a Democrat beats up a reporter, it's a meaningful indicator that they're fucked up. If a Republican beats up a reporter...that's kind of in-line with their ethos anyway.

Look that reporter was giving fake news and was pushing a liberal bias by reporting the news.

That is why the news should be reviews by the government to determine whether or not it is fake or not either be forced to change their articles or lose their right to report.

That is what the USA wants right?

Edit: I forget to include this: I AM NOT serious.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:13:17 am by Neonivek »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: May 26, 2017, 01:26:34 am »

The FBI has expanded their investigation into the ties between the Trump administration and Russia to include his son in law, Jared Kushner, bbc reports.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40054753
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/amerikaanse-media-fbi-onderzoekt-nu-ook-trumps-schoonzoon-jared-kushner~a4497087/
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: May 26, 2017, 07:33:51 am »

I may have posted that BBC link already back during the grammar derail. It's also possible that was a fever dream. The FBI are not saying that Jared is engaged in any criminal activity; the way I read it, they just think he has some pertinent information.

Does anyone know anything about Jared? I have never actually heard him speak.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: May 26, 2017, 08:02:47 am »

Can't say I do, really. He's been there, there's apparently been some fairly sketchy background we've heard about for a while now that I can't recall the details of right this minute, he's actually capable of interacting with trump regularly enough to marry trump's spawn. About as far as my idly remembered summary goes, that.
Ask not!
Ask!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: May 26, 2017, 08:20:45 am »

He's made some bad real estate deals. And certainly used his new "non-political" position to improve the family business.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: May 26, 2017, 08:29:53 am »

I've listened to the recording, and I have to say, it did not sound at all like the reporter was "body slammed to the ground" don't get me wrong, the republican is clearly in the wrong here, but I think it is very likely that the stories have been extremely exhaggerated.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: May 26, 2017, 08:40:36 am »

I've listened to the recording, and I have to say, it did not sound at all like the reporter was "body slammed to the ground" don't get me wrong, the republican is clearly in the wrong here, but I think it is very likely that the stories have been extremely exhaggerated.

Yeah my goodness it wasn't a Bodyslam... It was a vertical suplex.
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 3573