Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 3563

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4156679 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump fires FBI Dir. Comey, sheneinighans abound
« Reply #6465 on: May 18, 2017, 12:21:37 pm »

Everyone knows Trump isn't religious, unless he can somehow draw a parallel between himself and Jesus or something.
What? Are you saying it's not Donald Jesus Trump?
Pronounced "Hey-zoos", obviously...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: May 18, 2017, 12:23:58 pm »

But yeah, people voted for Trump because he doesn't give a damn about any other country besides the USA

I think he cares very deeply about the overseas business ventures he owns as president of the united states.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: May 18, 2017, 12:46:00 pm »

Probably in vain, mama tit will probably ignore it now because it smells of humans
Doesn't actually happen, you did good.

e: and so did the like 5 other people speaking up about it. :P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:49:22 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: May 18, 2017, 01:17:01 pm »

One would almost think he's a clever Russian mole who figured out a way to hurt NATO decision making
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: May 18, 2017, 01:32:42 pm »

Number of injured people is up to 23, with 4 still in critical condition. One 18 year old girl died. The perpetrator is 26 year old Richard Rojas, US citizen and former US military. Mayor Bill Blasio has also said there are no indications of terrorist motives.
Rojas has been arrested and is being accused of driving under influence.

So yea, iconic place, large number of casualties, but it looks like it's just another sad traffic accident.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: May 18, 2017, 02:12:28 pm »

Everyone knows Trump isn't religious, unless he can somehow draw a parallel between himself and Jesus or something.

But yeah, people voted for Trump because he doesn't give a damn about any other country besides the USA and its hardly the kind of guy to kowtow to an old foreign guy dressed like a wizard claiming to be a representative of God.

This is literally why people elected him.
The majority of US Christians are protestant, as is Trump, so the Pope wouldn't get a say either way.
It should be noted that while most American Christians are indeed Protestant, they are divided sharply. Even when put in general groupings directly below the level of "Protestants", the Catholic Church becomes the largest Christian organization in the US.

And despite common presumptions that Trump isn't religious, there's plenty of evidence that he's about as faithful as your average Christian. He's been involved since he was a child, just not in the fashion that heartland evangelicals are accustomed to and demand (publicly) in their political candidates.

I suspect a lot of this has to do with lingering stereotypes about secular people. Surely Mr. Pleasures Of The Flesh Real Estate Mogul isn't really a disciple of Christ. Christianity is a religion of the poor and the humble.

Yeah right. Trump is fully in line with prosperity and non-evangelical churches. He is the man of the hour for Christian politics, if nothing else.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:14:27 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: May 18, 2017, 02:20:01 pm »

The man who won the presidency without the popular vote just accused the Electoral College of being dramatically slanted in the Democrat's favor.
>_<

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: May 18, 2017, 02:21:39 pm »

...Good, good, tell him to sponsor the elimination of the EC. That'll get those libruls in a twist, for sure!
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6475 on: May 18, 2017, 02:27:29 pm »

...Good, good, tell him to sponsor the elimination of the EC. That'll get those libruls in a twist, for sure!

Setting the elimination of the EC as a partisan issue is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea.

Redoing the election process is Constitutional Amendment territory, and that's not something easily doable through party politics.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6476 on: May 18, 2017, 02:29:08 pm »

The man who won the presidency without the popular vote just accused the Electoral College of being dramatically slanted in the Democrat's favor.
>_<

Citation? I want to see this.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6477 on: May 18, 2017, 02:47:25 pm »

Setting the elimination of the EC as a partisan issue is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea.

Redoing the election process is Constitutional Amendment territory, and that's not something easily doable through party politics.
Agreed, though with the Republicans only scoring their last two Presidents through EC failure it's inevitably now a partisan issue. Hard to convince a group to give up their own edge.

There is a certain...non-Amendment possibility, though.
No Gods, No Masters.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #6478 on: May 18, 2017, 02:54:02 pm »

>_<

Citation? I want to see this.

"It also happens to be a pure excuse for the Democrats having lost an election that they should have easily won because of the Electoral College being slanted so much in their way. That's all this is. I think it shows division, and it shows that we're not together as a country. And I think it's a very, very negative thing. And hopefully, this can go quickly, because we have to show unity if we're going to do great things with respect to the rest of the world."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/politics/donald-trump-robert-mueller-appointment/index.html

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6479 on: May 18, 2017, 03:36:42 pm »

Agreed, though with the Republicans only scoring their last two Presidents through EC failure it's inevitably now a partisan issue. Hard to convince a group to give up their own edge.

There is a certain...non-Amendment possibility, though.

Yeah, philosophically, the compact is a very interesting concept. I mean, if we want to think of the several States as independent entities being allowed to make agreements amongst themselves, it work fine. But that's not been the practice in quite awhile.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 [432] 433 434 ... 3563