Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4228966 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: AmeriPol thread: Russia scandal trail of hot gunpowder edition
« Reply #3870 on: March 23, 2017, 01:43:05 pm »

Some random Democrat Congressman calls for obstruction of Trump's agenda until the investigation is complete.

Reminds me of Republicans for the last eight years, except they just hated Obama for no reason, and they were willing to shut down the government entirely.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: March 23, 2017, 02:19:38 pm »

Donald Trump gave an interview to TIME. That last passage is pretty interesting.
Quote from: Donald Trump
Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not.
._.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: March 23, 2017, 02:26:45 pm »

And it's still unlikely to pass, because Freedom Causus would not be satisfied until there's a summary execution clause for poor people or something.
._.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: March 23, 2017, 02:33:17 pm »

Its like the founding fathers said, we're all entitled to life.  Specifically, the ability to take the lives of others so long as we have an excuse.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: March 23, 2017, 03:42:31 pm »

Can we get a change of thread title to reflect our amazing health-care debacle?

I'm shocked they actually canceled it. It's amazing. They bluffed up until they very end and said "We will pass this, there is no Plan B". I even read, yesterday, someone in the House saying "the conservatives plan is to try and force us to cancel the vote so they don't have to go on record against the President, but it won't work". Well, looks like it did. I'm reminded of a letter to the editor in the NY Times: "Donald Trump can't even pass his own mostly-draconian bill because his own right-wing flank flagged it as insufficiently draconian." Amazing. If Trump can't pass Trumpcare using the full weight of his office, wielding his popularity like a boomstick against the deep-red conservatives in his own damn right flank, how is he going to get anything else done? I mean this is freaking Obamacare. OBAMACARE. Anyone remember how much everyone there has a hate boner for Obamacare? They voted to repeal that more than sixty times! How is he going to pass the hard stuff like tax reform?

I wonder if the fact that they have cancelled is a sign that they still believe it can be passed (and are thus using this to pressure them, as Trump's statement implies), or whether they've really given up and are just using this as a method of exiting the process without an embarrassing failure. I guess that will depend on what happens next.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:07:18 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: March 23, 2017, 04:17:56 pm »

You said that they cancelled it and then you said that they didn't cancel it. They did postpone the vote though.

I suppose it'd be more humorous and apropos to put the healthcare debacle in there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: March 23, 2017, 04:19:40 pm »

Though for what it's worth (more than anyone with sane views on healthcare wishes it was), there's more than one way to flay apart our country's healthcare some more. The cat skinning comes later, when people previously only struggling to maintain access start having to look into alternate options for wound care and bandage access is slim :V
Donald Trump gave an interview to TIME. That last passage is pretty interesting.
Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’mh president, and you’re not.
Speaking of that, have a gander at it if everything not verifiably true was redacted. Not necessarily that the rest are lies, of course (though it being trump, there was plenty), just that everything blanked out is stuff that can't particularly be proven in one way or another. Dunno how much I'd recommend the rest of the site, but that bit's a hell of a thing. Bonus points being the interview was apparently supposed to be about truth, ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though for what it's worth (more than anyone with sane views on healthcare wishes it was), there's more than one way to flay apart our country's healthcare some more. The cat skinning comes later, when people previously only struggling to maintain access start having to look into alternate options for wound care and bandage access is slim :V

The only problem with letting ACA 'fail on it's own' is... what if it doesn't? Obviously they could just do stuff that destabilize it and make it a self-fullfilling prophecy.

Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’mh president, and you’re not.
Speaking of that, have a gander at it if everything not verifiably true was redacted. Not necessarily that the rest are lies, of course (though it being trump, there was plenty), just that everything blanked out is stuff that can't particularly be proven in one way or another. Dunno how much I'd recommend the rest of the site, but that bit's a hell of a thing. Bonus points being the interview was apparently supposed to be about truth, ha.

Not to mention the fact that saying 'because I'm president and you're not' is something that sounds like you'd hear from a kid, not an actual President.

To put another nail into the whole thing, there's a new CBO report out that it doesn't save as much but (emphasis mine) it still loses roughly the same amount of insured people

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Oh aye, the ACA related stuff would probably be fine (for a given definition of fine and definitely one relative to the previous state of things) if it wasn't for all the active sabotage the GOP has heaped on it and trump & co have continued to pile upon. Hell, it's done as well as it has even with it. Y'gotta' understand smj, "let it fail" is conservative code speak for "continue to do everything in power to dismantle it and then claim it's coming apart on its own." Even when it's not coming apart. Especially when it's not coming apart, ha. Extra specially when it's not coming apart even as you try to undermine its efforts in an attempt to render tens of millions without healthcare worth mention, ahaha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

I don't know how people can call him "Mr. President" at all, much less with a straight face. He's Donnyboy and he'll like it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trumpcare confirmed? Apparently not!
« Reply #3881 on: March 23, 2017, 05:25:05 pm »

You said that they cancelled it and then you said that they didn't cancel it. They did postpone the vote though.

I suppose it'd be more humorous and apropos to put the healthcare debacle in there.
Well the vote is canceled, but not the bill itself.

Maybe this is a way of saving both Trump and Ryan's hide by blaming the Freedom Caucus. I don't think any of them have put statements out though. Even if they do, the Koch brother's network has pledged to defend those who vote against the bill. Now this is the GOP Civil War we were promised.
I don't know how people can call him "Mr. President" at all, much less with a straight face. He's Donnyboy and he'll like it.
Oh no, he's not just the President. He's "The Dealmaker". No other President could have gotten such a yuuuge deal for the American people. You better believe it, and if you don't, he'll find you.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well the vote is canceled, but not the bill itself.

Maybe this is a way of saving both Trump and Ryan's hide by blaming the Freedom Caucus. I don't think any of them have put statements out though. Even if they do, the Koch brother's network has pledged to defend those who vote against the bill. Now this is the GOP Civil War we were promised.

They've tentatively moved the vote to tomorrow. No guarantee that they actually WILL vote on it tomorrow. And yeah, the divisions that we saw during the primaries never went away, just got plastered over temporarily.

In addition to what Rep. Schiff said yesterday, he's now claiming that there is enough evidence to merit a Grand Jury investigation. Though considering how political the whole thing is, I wonder how the heck they're going to get a fair, balanced, and nonpartisan Grand Jury. Also, that kind of info doesn't seem like something that would be released to the public as it might tip off whoever is being investigated.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know... I will now never question the necessity of a PR manager ever freeken again after Donald Trump.

I honestly think Trump would be 50% more likable if he stopped using Twitter and only went to half as many interviews and only made 20% of his statements.

Wait doesn't Donald Trump HAVE a PR manager?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Oi, I already established the Official Unofficial Presidential Nickname as Orange Slice. Don't you turn this into another Mittens/R-Money situation, we only got out of that one because he lost.

Though a part of me is fine with calling him Mr. President because that address was originally picked for its humility, and I think that would irk him if he knew about it.
You know... I will now never question the necessity of a PR manager ever freeken again after Donald Trump.

I honestly think Trump would be 50% more likable if he stopped using Twitter and only went to half as many interviews and only made 20% of his statements.

Wait doesn't Donald Trump HAVE a PR manager?
If he does, he doesn't listen to them. Not exactly a shock.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 3567