Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4229023 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Russia scandal trail of hot gunpowder edition
« Reply #3856 on: March 23, 2017, 07:18:09 am »

Pretty sure I actually linked to that... probably a dozen pages or so back, at this point :P

Good to see it's still being updated, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: March 23, 2017, 07:21:44 am »

Also it is nice to know, after reading comments, that as I predicted... Obama was entirely blamed for the recession that he was entirely blameless for.

As well as the effects of said recession... which are the effects of a recession.

Yeah so if Trump can just create an artificial boom period that creates a terrible recession immediately after he leaves office... he might be able to bounce back for a second term.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: March 23, 2017, 09:58:43 am »

We shouldn't negotiate with terrorists. We will fight Trump, we will bring him down and make him pay for his crimes, and if we can't bring down Pence as a part of that (and it's hard to imagine how Pence could escape the net,) then we will fight him too.

What crime could we convict Pence of? Hatred towards gays?

As tongue in cheek as that was, my point is that there isn't anything other than 'guilt by association' that points to any sort of wrongdoing for Pence. Yes, I know, there's all the stuff about gays and general shitteryness, but I mean actual crimes that would prevent Pence from taking over as President.

Careful, you're going to get a wrongthinker brand and be added to the world's least threatening enemies of the state list soon.

I think we all already have wrongthinker brands by association to Bay12 ;) heh

Also it is nice to know, after reading comments, that as I predicted... Obama was entirely blamed for the recession that he was entirely blameless for.

As well as the effects of said recession... which are the effects of a recession.

Yeah so if Trump can just create an artificial boom period that creates a terrible recession immediately after he leaves office... he might be able to bounce back for a second term.

Given how little control the President actually has over the economy, that'd be statistically impossible to pull off.

There is definetly precedent for non-consecutive terms, Grover Cleveland managed to do it. However, Cleveland seems to have been relatively popular, unlike Trump.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: March 23, 2017, 10:34:03 am »

Improbable*. The pres definitely has powers they can leverage into some notable economic shifts, never mind the soft stuff like encouraging the passage of legislation that would stimulate the economy. Even relatively little power has a good bit of heft when you're dealing with that level of power and (conceptually, anyway) influence.

That said, the chances of a GOP politician, never mind it being trump, actually using those powers to enact things that would cause an economic uptick is... slim. Most of what can manage that involves rather liberal-aligned policy or an increase in domestic government spending, both of which aren't exactly terribly encouraged among the right-aligned political sphere these days.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: March 23, 2017, 11:28:22 am »

Very interesting, but not surprising in the least.

The one thing that really caught my eye was at the bottom it made mention to a Ph.D candidate doing the work to produce that report.  The entire time I was reading it, I was thinking that it looked like a wonderful topic for a Ph.D candidate to do their dissertation work on.

I guess that's a tiny silver lining to the Trumpocalypse.  Trump can defund the sciences but at least a few people will get Ph.Ds out of analyzing the madness he's created and encouraged.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: March 23, 2017, 11:52:59 am »

So apparently, the person responsible for at least several bomb threats to Jewish community centers in USA was... a 19-years old Israeli-American, using "advanced camouflage techniques". It is also believed that most of these bomb threats were made by a single person using "technical skills to disguise his voice and spoof his phone number".

So, there's a real possibility that the majority of the post-Trump's election anti-Jewish hate crime rise has been a result of a false-flag operation. What do you think about it?
._.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: March 23, 2017, 11:54:18 am »

So apparently, the person responsible for at least several bomb threats to Jewish community centers in USA was... a 19-years old Israeli-American, using "advanced camouflage techniques". It is also believed that most of these bomb threats were made by a single person using "technical skills to disguise his voice and spoof his phone number".

So, there's a real possibility that the majority of the post-Trump's election anti-Jewish hate crime rise has been a result of a false-flag operation. What do you think about it?

Nah, that doesn't fit with the narrative, so it must be alt-alt-fact.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3863 on: March 23, 2017, 12:00:04 pm »

We already knew Jews weren't Trump's target. He's targeting Muslims and immirgrants. For instance, he's publishing a weekly list of immigrant crimes, which we've already established is a direct play from Hitler himself.

Nobody said Trump is personally anti-semetic -- is stepson is jewish for god's sake! -- but while the threats were coming in, and until it's fairly conclusive that (as you assume) this one guy is responsible for all the calls, the evidence suggested and suggests that there's an anti-semetic movement in his supporters.

Can we get back to the, you know, clear evidence of collusion between Trump and Putin?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: March 23, 2017, 12:06:03 pm »

I saw that on CNN earlier and was like 'Why the heck would a Jewish teenager do that to his own people'. Though I guess that's a little like asking 'why does black on black crime exist?'

Basically my thoughts were 'Why? Just why?'.

I wouldn't say that ALL of it is false flag because he couldn't have gone over to the US and toppled the tombstones and spraypainted the swatszika on cars. But it does put into question of just how much of it was by one person.

We already knew Jews weren't Trump's target. He's targeting Muslims and immirgrants. For instance, he's publishing a weekly list of immigrant crimes, which we've already established is a direct play from Hitler himself.

Nobody said Trump is personally anti-semetic -- is stepson is jewish for god's sake! -- but while the threats were coming in, and until it's fairly conclusive that (as you assume) this one guy is responsible for all the calls, the evidence suggested and suggests that there's an anti-semetic movement in his supporters.

Can we get back to the, you know, clear evidence of collusion between Trump and Putin?

Even if Trump wasn't targeting Jews, he still emboldened those who DO target Jews.

As for the evidence of collusion between Trump and Putin, there's nothing new right now, other than that Nunes apologized to the Intel Committee and there are renewed calls for an independent investigator or an independent bipartisan special committee.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:09:27 pm by smjjames »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: March 23, 2017, 12:40:07 pm »

It can be discussed as soon as some appears.

I saw that on CNN earlier and was like 'Why the heck would a Jewish teenager do that to his own people'. Though I guess that's a little like asking 'why does black on black crime exist?'

I wouldn't say that ALL of it is false flag because he couldn't have gone over to the US and toppled the tombstones and spraypainted the swatszika on cars. But it does put into question of just how much of it was by one person.

Even if Trump wasn't targeting Jews, he still emboldened those who DO target Jews.

As for the evidence of collusion between Trump and Putin, there's nothing new right now, other than that Nunes apologized to the Intel Committee and there are renewed calls for an independent investigator or an independent bipartisan special committee.

What sort of person would have an interest in inflating the perception of anti-semitism?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: March 23, 2017, 12:45:45 pm »

My white as cream cheese school had a white kid call in a fake bomb threat.  Was that white on white harrassment?  Most harm individuals do is to their own community, because that's who they're around all the time.

The real question is why he chose to call in bomb threats here instead of in Israel.  Hopefully we'll find out, for the sake of my curiosity if nothing else.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: March 23, 2017, 12:53:11 pm »

What sort of person would have an interest in inflating the perception of anti-semitism?

Not sure if aimed at me or nobody in particular....

I'm not even accusing Trump of being anti-semitic, and you'd have to ask the 19 year old suspect what his motives were.

My white as cream cheese school had a white kid call in a fake bomb threat.  Was that white on white harrassment?  Most harm individuals do is to their own community, because that's who they're around all the time.

The real question is why he chose to call in bomb threats here instead of in Israel.  Hopefully we'll find out, for the sake of my curiosity if nothing else.

I guess because the US is a bigger target? *shrug* Though he targeted Australia and NZ.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: March 23, 2017, 01:24:17 pm »

Wow, what the heck?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 3567