Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 3570

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4258590 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #2460 on: February 22, 2017, 05:48:44 pm »

Can pretty much guarantee you a good chunk of the younger tea party members do, too, cov. It's something that's been getting increasingly common in general. Economy's been sorta' recovering, but the younger generations have been kinda' fucked regardless. Not really something to use to discount the younger wing of a party movement.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: February 22, 2017, 05:52:54 pm »

As far as 2020 goes, way too early to see. There are a few names I think would be interesting though. Tammy Duckworth for one. But I haven't seen any suggestions she would be interested.

If Clinton is excluded from consideration (perhaps they'll be unable to find enough virgins for her to bathe in the blood of, who knows), I imagine it'll end up being Elizabeth Warren. I already can't wait for the hilarious campaign ads that year. Trump will savage her - she'll miss the days of just being called Pocahontas.

I can't wait for 2020.

Actually, I saw an article saying that in a poll, Elizabeth Warren lost to a generic unnamed Democrat. But that really just says how she might fare among Dems in general or just reflects peoples opinions of her.

@LW: What's an NEET?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2462 on: February 22, 2017, 05:57:24 pm »

@LW: What's an NEET?
Not in Education, Employment or Training

One who subsists on chicken tendies

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: February 22, 2017, 06:06:03 pm »

Warren has been identified as someone the Republicans can easily demonise and so should make the face of the Democratic party for 2018. Some are taking this as a premature admission of defeat by the GOP, playing defensive negative politics against a created enemy (they aren't exactly publicly attacking Warren on her record; they keep dismantling her financial reforms and consumer protection measures fairly quiet) rather than expecting any major successes or progress to run on.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: February 22, 2017, 06:11:07 pm »

I can easily imagine them greasing the slippery slope.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: February 22, 2017, 06:14:29 pm »

I saw a statistic somewhere that suggested a hilariously large proportion of these protestors lived with their parents, though. I doubt that statistic would hold true for the Tea Party movement, so it'd seem odd to take these ones more seriously.
Look at Red Guard or Young Turks

Can you really imagine the Blue Hair Brigade arresting counter-revolutionaries, or leading a successful revolution of their own? They'd tweet on a hashtag and call it a revolution, that's about it.
Can you really imagine Bubba the Moonshiner arresting counter-revolutionaries, or leading a successful revolution of their own? They'd drink a swig of beer, call the (ex)-president a n*****r, and say they ought to lynch him. That's about it.

HEY LOOK I CAN ATTACK AN ENTIRE GROUP BASED ON STEREOTYPES TOOOOOO I'm so edgy.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: February 22, 2017, 06:28:44 pm »

I can imagine Bubba doing a purge much easier, yeah.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: February 22, 2017, 06:33:43 pm »

I can imagine Bubba doing a purge much easier, yeah.
Yes. Bubba the Moonshiner is much more likely to have a gun, for one thing, and not be scared shitless by discharging it.
._.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: February 22, 2017, 06:43:53 pm »

:v that doesn't matter. Point being, the right wing (and definitely not the neo-nazi wing of the right wing) is not entirely characterized by unemployed bumkins living in the mountains, any more than the left wing (or anti-fascist/hardcore communist wing of the left) is entirely characterized by tumblrinas dying their hair and writing tracts about how everyone is racist and sexist in exacting detail.

(What is it with You People and your abject, unbridled hatred of hair dye? :V :V :V Did hair dye kill your mother? Were you robbed by a guy with highlights? Why the hate! APPRECIATE! :V :V :V)
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: February 22, 2017, 06:49:56 pm »

And if I were arsed, I'm sure I could find a bunch of left-wing bomb plots and shootings. :V

why are we even arguing this? I just asked myself that. why am I trying to say, "Hey, no, guys, the Left is totally willing to goose-step into the white house too!"

covenant you bring out the worst in me <3

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: February 22, 2017, 06:51:43 pm »

:v that doesn't matter
In context of "who can purge each other easier", yes it does matter that people on the right are vastly better prepared to actually carry it out.

(What is it with You People and your abject, unbridled hatred of hair dye? :V :V :V Did hair dye kill your mother? Were you robbed by a guy with highlights? Why the hate! APPRECIATE! :V :V :V)
Hair dye is just the sort of extreme thing that with almost 100% surety identifies a person as a far-left. I haven't seen any particular hatred of it here, more like some snickering-by-association (since far-left are also extremely pro gun control and are severely triggered by guns firing)

And if I were arsed, I'm sure I could find a bunch of left-wing bomb plots and shootings. :V
Hah, no. No you wouldn't, because those don't exist. At least, with the "left-wing" defined in its modern definition. The old left-wing - sure, but old left-wing was also the worker's party, and workers are the kind of people that will arrive at your house at 2 A.M. just to punch you in the face for fun. Really rowdy folk.
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: February 22, 2017, 06:52:24 pm »

I'll put hair dye in your eye.

Then you can tell me if you still love it.

Also, I always thought of highlights as tacky af.

Anyway, while the right doesnt consist entirely of mountain clan shotgun toting rednecks, the density of firearm users is still quite a bit disproportionate by comparison with the left. That means the right isn't composed of uneducated bumpkins with shotguns, but actualy mostly out of very educated people with lots of guns and the skill to use them properly.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: February 22, 2017, 07:30:34 pm »

Though that does raise an interesting question, what counts for the leader of the Democrats? Who shall succeed Obama and reunite the party so that it will be ready to mount a fiery campaign
From what I've seen on a liberal-leaning forum - and it is going to be hard to believe - it's going to be Hillary fucking Clinton once fucking again. At least, there's a non-negligible portion of Democrats that really want to push her for President because reasons. Some other people claim that it must be, no matter what, a women or a member of racial minority. I've seen zero discussion of whenever the next Democrat's candidate must be competent or charismatic or have any qualifications relative to the job of actually being a President so far.
Yeah, and the qualified and charismatic minority soldier congresswoman Gabbard apparently got close enough to Logan Act stuff that it will be almost guaranteed to end up as the new email server meme.

Though it would be nice if Hillary ran just to end up being beaten by a rising star and graciously offer her support afterwards in a torch passing sense. If Dems push her through another primary they deserve to fade into insignificance for not recognizing any of the mistakes they made and should have learned from the last few times she was beaten.

What do you mean, You People?

Also: having her hair dyed blue was shit my mom was doing as a goth back in the 80's, and it was a blue-black the times she did it, these bright cyan and pink and orange hair colors just look like warning coloration to me, like a big neon sign saying "ASK ME ABOUT MY VEGAN FRIENDLY SMOOTHIE RECIPES, HA HA, NAH, I'M ALREADY TALKING ABOUT THEM, RUN" basically.
Also worth considering, are people going to keep harping on Milo like the dead horse he is, or are we going to talk about anything else?
Ah! well a-day! what evil lust
Had he for old and young!
A gay; dangerous, the Albatross
About their neck was hung.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2474 on: February 22, 2017, 07:37:18 pm »

Can you really imagine the Blue Hair Brigade arresting counter-revolutionaries, or leading a successful revolution of their own? They'd tweet on a hashtag and call it a revolution, that's about it.
Give a battalion of problem glasses antifa one decent leader with military experience and in short time you can produce of them a competent fighting force. Ban flat sole shoes and high heels in favour of actual boots, get rid of the ripped jeans, use all of their money to purchase supplies and build up a war chest, weed out the vegans and put them on drill, exercise and training - they've already got the ideological and morale needed for some basic street fighting, it is not that great of a step to move from street fighting to fighting. Granted, I did not say successful revolution, only that they could cause havoc. I imagine any such uprising would end the same way the Red guard did, Commissar Cletus forcing them to farm corn and dig for copper until they stopped being edgy, but certainly not to be ignored. Doesn't take a genius nor elite soldier to start fires, just look at that one obese activist who set fire to the Trump gal's hair; sabotage in the city need no /fit/

:v that doesn't matter. Point being, the right wing (and definitely not the neo-nazi wing of the right wing) is not entirely characterized by unemployed bumkins living in the mountains, any more than the left wing (or anti-fascist/hardcore communist wing of the left) is entirely characterized by tumblrinas dying their hair and writing tracts about how everyone is racist and sexist in exacting detail.
Need not be the entirety to be mainstream
Likewise I do not think even the best of my battalion idea would be able to conquer any of the armed populaces of the USA, just the normal ones are proficient enough in outdoorsmanship and marksmanship to be a sufficient greater threat. Woe betide any that went up against the paramilitary elements, or worse still the military elements without significant backing by defectors or foreign powers. Given that Russia is aligned with Trump, China is non-interventionist and Canada is useless, we're talking either Cartels or Berlin.... So, not good odds

I only appreciate natural  a e s t h e t i c
Hair dye warps the matrix in which we perceive the universe by messaging aposematic information between human to human behavioural dialogue. Nothing speaks danger like the green hairs curled beneath armpits to declare a quick retreat to higher ground being in order. Maybe one day dyed hair will get its aesthetic back with future wave camofleur or something, but until that becomes mainstream, it remains the realm of poison toads and problematics

They'd probably be all the work of anarchists, who at the very least have better hair style and ironically, better organized street fighters. Because anarchism is good for hierachy

why are we even arguing this? I just asked myself that. why am I trying to say, "Hey, no, guys, the Left is totally willing to goose-step into the white house too!"
covenant you bring out the worst in me <3
Once upon a time Pompey was besieging a city. The city's inhabitants did not like his actions very much and pointed out that what he was doing was illegal. Pompey replied:
'Why quote laws, we carry arms.'
A law is only as useful as its execution, otherwise it becomes a lapsed law. Without a credible threat, in the event where rule of law breaks down, it would be incredibly apparent that the left is completely dependent upon the right for its physical security in all matters, thus paradoxically must give the appearance of being a credible threat so as to avoid conflict - which is the best explanation I can give for why lefties think it's a good idea to punch people who are lethally armed by standard. Thus if the left removes the right's dear leader, without this notion of the credible threat, the idea of a Democratic Republic of the United People's States of the USA becomes a highly attractive proposition from the logistic point of view
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 3570