Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 3569

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4245289 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #1920 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26:14 am »

Yes, I meant this specific president, not the institution in general, sorry.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26:37 am »

@Sergarr: Not sure what the random factoid has to do with anything, besides money.
Wait, fuck, I've meant to post it in a different thread. Oh well, too late now.

In more thread-relevant news, Trump has announced the first rally for his 2020 election campaign to be held on Saturday. No, I'm not joking. This is really happening.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:31:03 am by Sergarr »
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: February 16, 2017, 10:48:03 am »

In more thread-relevant news, Trump has announced the first rally for his 2020 election campaign to be held on Saturday. No, I'm not joking. This is really happening.

And people called Obama a 'campaigner-in-chief' at times.

This is mainly just Trump returning to something that is familiar and comfortable for him, namely the spotlight.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:54:01 am by smjjames »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: February 16, 2017, 10:52:49 am »

@Sergarr: Not sure what the random factoid has to do with anything, besides money.

HE's been holding rallies since the elections, "thank you rallies" and so on. They're not specifically campaign thing, he seems to love the crowd.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: February 16, 2017, 10:56:41 am »

HE's been holding rallies since the elections, "thank you rallies" and so on. They're not specifically campaign thing, he seems to love the crowd.
Uh, his own press-secretary has called it a "campaign" event.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: February 16, 2017, 11:06:18 am »

Yeah, he's just doing something that he finds familiar, comforting even. Maybe he's just doing a continuation of the 'thank you rallies', just drawn out.

The Kremlin is feeling disappointed over relations not getting better. Even if they did succeed in their intent of sowing chaos, there was no guarantee that relations would get better, though they really haven't been doing anything on their part that would actually help relations get better as it's a two-way street. Plus it has backfired on them pretty quick.

Also, apparently Trump is going to do a semi-impromptu news conference in about an hour or so. And announce a new labor sec. nominee. Must have had a plan B in mind as this is pretty quick.

Uh, his own press-secretary has called it a "campaign" event.

I guess Trump is just being proactive, even if it's an extreme extension of the 'forever in election year mode' syndrome that plagues Congress at times.

That said, I wonder who's paying for it since it was paid by the campaign funding during the campaigns, which doesn't exist at this point in time.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: February 16, 2017, 11:25:48 am »

I guess Trump is just being proactive, even if it's an extreme extension of the 'forever in election year mode' syndrome that plagues Congress at times.

That said, I wonder who's paying for it since it was paid by the campaign funding during the campaigns, which doesn't exist at this point in time.
I heard that that was one of the main reasons that Trump had declared his continued campaign so early; i.e. that people were still donating significant amounts of money to his campaign and if he let it's existence lapse then he would have to *gasp* give it back!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: February 16, 2017, 12:03:59 pm »

Hey, wait, didn't he say he was so rich that he didn't need to be beholden to donations? I'm beginning to think he was lying about that...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: February 16, 2017, 12:04:38 pm »

So apparently, the press journalists were ordered to leave the Tillerson-Lavrov meeting right after it started (1). Verrry suspicious.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: February 16, 2017, 12:10:53 pm »

So apparently, the press journalists were ordered to leave the Tillerson-Lavrov meeting right after it started (1). Verrry suspicious.

English language source.

It could be a symptom of how understaffed the State Department is.

Trump nominates Alexander Acosta for Labor Sec.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:12:32 pm by smjjames »

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: February 16, 2017, 01:52:55 pm »

Detailed breakdown of Trump's approval numbers.

This is the first big approval poll rather than the smaller tracker. Juicy demographic breakdowns abound.
Trump nominates Alexander Acosta for Labor Sec.

At first glance he looks extremely qualified. Can't find much immediately about his views on important issues.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:09:50 pm by palsch »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: February 16, 2017, 02:05:10 pm »

Ok, so this just in!

Donald Trump is the Least Anti-Semitic and Least Racist PERSON.

It surprised me too.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: February 16, 2017, 02:24:16 pm »

Whaaat? He is a person?

In other news, maybe you're gonna get rid of Mexicans, but they might very well be replaced by Venezuelans soon. Not as economic migrants, but as official asylum seekers. More and more Venezeulans are taking to the pacific in crappy boats trying to reach Carribean islands like Curaçao.

In another blow to press freedom, Venezuala blocked CNN for spreading fake news, and are now working on blocking YouTube for streaming CNN.
The CNN ban followed after president Maduro got very angry at CNN for a report on vice-president Tareck al Aissaimi, accusing him of involvement in fake passport trading.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:42:06 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1933 on: February 16, 2017, 02:51:16 pm »

In other news, DeNeiro has come out as a moron by backing Robert F Kennedy's anti-vaccine crusade. They will only be happy when young death to disease returns, when polio and poxes and fevers cut down the strong and the weak alike. They are avatars of Nurgle hierself, fighting to deny others the protections they themselves have enjoyed.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 3569