Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 3567

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4235516 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #1305 on: February 07, 2017, 08:12:26 pm »

Residual MAGAic in the air from the presidential race
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1306 on: February 07, 2017, 08:38:49 pm »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 07, 2017, 08:44:21 pm »

At least they aren't fucking pigs, so I guess we got that going for us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: February 07, 2017, 08:46:15 pm »

A new A Leppo and Putin's military invasion of Korea: Reasons to impeach Trump
t. US congresswoman

Ur government dumb

I'd rather that they have a solid reason for impeaching Trump rather than go 'Lets impeach him for no reason, just because.'

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1309 on: February 07, 2017, 08:47:43 pm »

And now this is going to get drug out every time that people talk about the actual reasons to impeach Trump. How the hell do you have a press conference and be so magnificently unprepared?!

I mean, he's been violating the constitution from day one for not divesting himself of his corporations...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:49:23 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 07, 2017, 08:48:33 pm »

edit: on a different topic: this thread was opened less than two weeks ago, and yet has already surpassed the "Non EU-Europe thread" and "Brexit conversation continued" thread. How did it get to 93 pages so fast?

It helps that Trump keeps generating new things to talk about.

But not only has news caused by Brexit all but stopped... but the UK is sort of having a weird "We want to leave, but we don't want to actually leave" situation that keeps stretching things out and making them extremely indeterminate. They want all the benefits of the EU but don't want to be in the EU... they want to break off from the EU laws, but they want to keep the EU laws. I am actually in a weird doubt the UK will leave the EU anyway, even though I can't see why they wouldn't.

While the "Non-EU Europe Thread" is just a weird sort of name.

It also helps that the American thread isn't strongly policed... While the Brexit is (Agree with them or else!) so anyone with an opinion is pretty much staying out because otherwise they have to read paragraphs upon paragraphs of retorts and insults.

Finally the American thread doesn't have super patriots (err what is the term again? Nationalists?)... While the Brexit thread does. So bringing up any issues is usually met with cold looks.

Plus it helps that there are more Americans and people who are well knowledgeable of Americans and American politics... compared to the UK and Europe.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:51:36 pm by Neonivek »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1311 on: February 07, 2017, 08:50:35 pm »

At least they aren't fucking pigs, so I guess we got that going for us.
You still have time to adopt high and refined British culture. You have plenty of bacon left unloved

I'd rather that they have a solid reason for impeaching Trump rather than go 'Lets impeach him for no reason, just because.'
Aye, I feel like this was rushed

And now this is going to get drug out every time that people talk about the actual reasons to impeach Trump. How the hell do you have a press conference and be so magnificently unprepared?!
How do you guys elect or select congress people? Is there some sorta civil exam or public campaigning, cos I think even just a piece of paper with bullet points would've been sufficient prep. This is rather embarassing

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: February 07, 2017, 08:52:59 pm »

Hey! Careful there Loud Whispers.

Streaky Bacon is called bacon in the USA.

Bacon will be confused with ham.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: February 07, 2017, 08:53:08 pm »

Speaking of, Trump once said he intended to replace Obamacare within an hour of it being repealed. Today he revised the expectation on the replacement to 'sometime in 2018'.
But hey, at least he's keeping his campaign promises that really matter, like protecting America from harmless refugees. Oh wait...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 07, 2017, 08:55:17 pm »

Speaking of, Trump once said he intended to replace Obamacare within an hour of it being repealed. Today he revised the expectation on the replacement to 'sometime in 2018'.
But hey, at least he's keeping his campaign promises that really matter, like protecting America from harmless refugees. Oh wait...

Hey the UK is already oddly... up in that business

Though TO ADMIT! the picture I saw could have been ironic (A scary looking Muslim family living in Europe... Intending to project a sinister outlook on muslims living in places like the UK) and meant to show how they are perceived rather then how they actually are.

Make up your minds! It is almost like they are a nation of people with many differing opinions... Ohh wait.

But still America wouldn't be the ONLY place taking a very similar... outlook

But luckly America might be SOOO over the top... it might actually make it harder for other countries to make a similar stand.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:57:22 pm by Neonivek »

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: February 07, 2017, 08:55:56 pm »

That's hardly a reason to impeach, either. Honestly,  you're hurting your own cause, jumping on every little thing he does as a reason to impeach him like this. It weakes your case in the future, if he does do something worthy of impeachment. It would be very easy for Trump to point at all the other times people called for impeachment over minor stuff, and ask "How is this time any different?"

I mean, he's been violating the constitution from day one for not divesting himself of his corporations...
That's very debatable. The Emoluments Clause is extremely vauge.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1316 on: February 07, 2017, 09:03:46 pm »

Streaky bacon is new to me, looking it up it's most similar to our rashers but with less fat to the cut. Didn't even know about the bacon ham confusion and apparently there's confusion too on grilling, broiling and frying... I am very confused, this joke does not translate well at all D:

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 07, 2017, 09:04:27 pm »

That's hardly a reason to impeach, either. Honestly,  you're hurting your own cause, jumping on every little thing he does as a reason to impeach him like this. It weakes your case in the future, if he does do something worthy of impeachment. It would be very easy for Trump to point at all the other times people called for impeachment over minor stuff, and ask "How is this time any different?"

That's very debatable. The Emoluments Clause is extremely vauge.

He certainly violates the spirit of it, yes, but there's no proof that he's actually violating it. What the Republicans did to Bill Clinton was a low blow, but it was still used the way it should.

As far as the Emoluments Clause goes, it's pretty specific as far as gifts from heads of state/government, but it doesn't deal with stuff like Trumps situation.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 07, 2017, 09:05:52 pm »

Streaky bacon is new to me, looking it up it's most similar to our rashers but with less fat to the cut. Didn't even know about the bacon ham confusion and apparently there's confusion too on grilling, broiling and frying... I am very confused, this joke does not translate well at all D:

By definition Bacon is belly meat of a Pig...

Americans (and Canadians except we have Canadian Bacon) also have something we call Bacon that IS bacon but is only one type. Anything else usually has a additional thing added like "Canadian" Bacon.

In the UK the bacon that Americans call Bacon is Streaky Bacon. They also have Bacon, but that is a different type of Bacon (I think it is called something like Pee Meal Bacon)

Man... Bacon  is complicated... O_O and oddly enough because we are talking about Trump still TOTALLY on topic.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 09:10:36 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 07, 2017, 09:11:24 pm »

Pee Meal Bacon, wat? O.o Or maybe you meant Piecemeal and that got corrupted by spellcheck.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 3567