Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 3566

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 4226879 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread: Trump Immigration Boogaloo edition
« Reply #855 on: February 04, 2017, 02:35:41 am »

The makers of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, said they give up. They say it is not possible to make satire about Donald Trump. Donald Trump and his team will now make the satire, by being themselves.
"Satire has become reality", says Parker. "we withdraw, and leave making comedy to them".

I'm not sure if this means they'll stop with South Park alltogether, or if they will just stop putting caricatures of the president and his staff in the series.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 04, 2017, 02:37:04 am »

The way you satirize trump, is to make THE WORLD crazy, and make him be the only sane one.

Then, sudden reversal at the end, showing it was all just in Trump's mind.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #857 on: February 04, 2017, 02:42:42 am »

The makers of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, said they give up. They say it is not possible to make satire about Donald Trump. Donald Trump and his team will now make the satire, by being themselves.
"Satire has become reality", says Parker. "we withdraw, and leave making comedy to them".

I'm not sure if this means they'll stop with South Park alltogether, or if they will just stop putting caricatures of the president and his staff in the series.

If I was in their shoes, I'd include him in virtually every episode, use his speech for dialog, everything. Include a disclaimer floating at the bottom: "THIS IS WHAT TRUMP ACTUALLY SAYS."
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 04, 2017, 02:43:52 am »

Miss Garrison needs to be a Trump Supporter. It MUST BE SO.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 04, 2017, 02:46:20 am »

Martinuzz's posts in AmeriPol are my constant reminder that even in the age of the internet, global info dissemination isn't instant.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 04, 2017, 02:49:35 am »

Martinuzz's posts in AmeriPol are my constant reminder that even in the age of the internet, global info dissemination isn't instant.
Oh it is, but I do need to sleep every once in a while.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 04, 2017, 04:40:24 am »

Trump was acting very presidential recently and started mocking Arnold Schwazeneggers ratings on Celebrity Apprentice. Arnold's made him a great deal:

Hey Donald, I have a great idea. Why don’t we switch jobs: You take over TV, because you’re such an expert in ratings, and I take over your job. Then people can finally sleep comfortably again.

Seriously you should amend the constitution so that Arnie could run for president. The naturally born citizen thing is just limiting at this stage when the world has a global culture and you're just heavily narrowing the selection pool for no real good reason. Arnie might have been the candidate in 2016 if that law didn't exist.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:44:57 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 04, 2017, 04:42:01 am »

Sadly Ahnold cannot take the job. His prior Austrian citizenship excludes him from taking the office.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 04, 2017, 04:44:47 am »

I wish the most political memes/jokes out there were ones about having a Terminator for President.

My one good memory of political involvement was being taken to some... event where political things happened, as a small child. It was in California and there was a big stand-up of the T-800, and Terminator 2 was my favorite movie at the time so I was ecstatic that the motherfucking Terminator was our governor.

And now it's 2017. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: February 04, 2017, 04:46:14 am »

Sadly Ahnold cannot take the job. His prior Austrian citizenship excludes him from taking the office.

Have Trump simply annex Austria. It seems like something he'd be up for. Then Arnie could run.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 04, 2017, 05:19:27 am »

I mean, seriously this, Australia is an English speaking nation
True blue, Blue, that's fair dinkum. It's a rippa whinge that only a sooking drongo down at the servo could mess up so badly. Spicer's yabber really Played A Barry, as if you were all just from Woopwoop. Which makes you defo devo, I'm sure.  What a dag!

(I'm so sorry...)
What does that matter, we are barely an english speaking nation anymore, 'Murrican is a thing, which is more like several things, we've got our own variation in rhoticity for fuck's sake!

To be honest, I don't understand most of what Sergarr Starver wrote. Those websites of "Australian slang" often contain much of it that dates from e.g. 1880-1940s. Basically a lot of it is from the Wild West era to the WWII era slang.

For example, "Fair Dinkum" dates from the 1850s gold rush. And while it's still used in print media sometimes, it's used allegorically. Basically I can't recall any time in my 40 years of life that anyone in Australia unironically said something was "fair dinkum".

I understand most of that, not that it actually made sense but it's pretty funny to read if you know what most of the words mean, in the same way pidgeon english or bad google translate can be funny.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 04, 2017, 05:38:34 am »

I admit Arnold is so far one of the better apprentice hosts.

The WORST flat out... was Martha Stewart. If only because it managed to destroy her reputation.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 04, 2017, 05:41:14 am »

I think Martha Stewart's insider-trading fiasco ruined Martha Stewart's reputation :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 04, 2017, 06:07:02 am »

Creating a fued with Schwarzernegger over Apprentice ratings after he got elected President is one of the clear signs of Trump's mental illness.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/03/former-norway-pm-bondevik-held-washington-dulles-airport-2014-visit-iran?CMP=fb_gu

Also your goon squads just interrogated a previous Norwegian Prime Miinister over his 2014 diplomatic visit to Iran:

<shines light in face>

"Alright 'olaf' what are you hiding, you terrorist piece of shit?"

Of course I fully understand the fear of letting terrorists come into this country,” he told ABC7. “It should be enough when they found that I have a diplomatic passport, [that I’m a] former prime minister.

“That should be enough for them to understand that I don’t represent any problem or threat to this country and [to] let me go immediately, but they didn’t.”

Bondevik, who is the president the Oslo Centre, a human rights organisation, said he was placed in a room with travellers from the Middle East and Africa who were also facing extra scrutiny.

He said he was ordered to wait for 40 minutes, before being questioned for another 20 minutes about his trip to Iran, which he had taken to speak at a human rights conference.

“I was surprised, and I was provoked,” he said. “What will the reputation of the US be if this happens not only to me, but also to other international leaders?”

Rule 1: don't put foreign heads of state in holding cells with suspected terrorists.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 06:57:57 am by Reelya »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 04, 2017, 06:50:05 am »

Actually the creators of BatteTech said that the user input they find the most invaluable isn't suggestions or lore dumps... But rather debates between fans. They spoke on length that their writers only have a finite amount of time to actually read and reread the lore of Battletech but fans collectively have infinite time.
The dial-up access to the BBSes must have severely crippled the conversations, though, back in the '80s...
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 3566