Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79281 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 4 brings blood and ashes.
« Reply #810 on: March 01, 2017, 07:42:41 pm »

This was answered.  Yes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 01, 2017, 08:22:03 pm »

Mephansteras: let's say there are only Hivemind players and town players alive. There are more Hivemind players than town players, but one of the town players is a Paranoid War Veteran. Does the game continue?

To be more specific: If there is a scenario where town could win, based on available power roles, the game would continue. If there is not, it will end.

PWV alone, if the Hivemind faction has more votes than anyone, will still let the game end assuming that the Hivemind is aware of the War Vet and is no longer going out to convert. But something like a Vig or Assassin Bot that could seek out the Hivemind and kill them would keep the game going despite a numbers disadvantage.

It's a bit situational, but I generally don't keep inevitable games going.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 01, 2017, 08:24:16 pm »

Mephansteras: let's say there are only Hivemind players and town players alive. There are more Hivemind players than town players, but one of the town players is a Paranoid War Veteran. Does the game continue?

To be more specific: If there is a scenario where town could win, based on available power roles, the game would continue. If there is not, it will end.

PWV alone, if the Hivemind faction has more votes than anyone, will still let the game end assuming that the Hivemind is aware of the War Vet and is no longer going out to convert. But something like a Vig or Assassin Bot that could seek out the Hivemind and kill them would keep the game going despite a numbers disadvantage.

But if they intended to continue converting would the game end?

And would you shorten the game and assume all were converted if we set up a plan to do so and no roles are unknown?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 01, 2017, 08:26:04 pm »

And would you shorten the game and assume all were converted if we set up a plan to do so and no roles are unknown?
It doesn't matter. We've either won or we've lost.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 01, 2017, 08:29:11 pm »

It doesn't matter. We've either won or we've lost.
Oh I know, I'm just killing time until noon tomorrow.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 01, 2017, 08:35:33 pm »

Shorten?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 01, 2017, 08:52:45 pm »

If they intended on continuing to convert, and were therefore a possible kill (which would remove the entire side), then I would let the game go on.

If they instructed me that they had no interest in continuing to convert and would simply vote the game out, I'd end it. (Assuming that there was no other mechanical way for the game to disrupt that plan).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 01, 2017, 08:53:35 pm »

Shorten?
That makes a few, but with the extends it'll be a while unless some people suddenly change their minds.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 02, 2017, 05:42:54 am »

Woo, 12 hours in and we've gained much information--in the least, I'm sure thanks to webadict's impromptu help :D

So, ignoring the bullshit thats going on.

TBF: Why did Ratty claim to have investigated you?  Did you two not discuss a fakeclaim beforehand?
I don't know what's up with him, but that was definitely not discussed.
Heeey, you're still pretending to be human! :I

You seem quite eager to end things all of a sudden, webadict.  Like a gambit didn't work out and you're giving up...
Yes, webadict is a rogue doppleganger and I shot myself trying to convert him :O
But we became best buddies after what happened last Monday. the incident.

Vote/timecount?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 02, 2017, 08:53:39 am »

I don't think that's how it works, Tiruin.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 02, 2017, 08:58:18 am »

I don't think that's how it works, Tiruin.
Just saying...if you're town, you've got a lot stacked against you.
And that's a lot also unacknowledged. :-\ It'd help us (Town, even if you don't believe I'm town, picture the majority before you here) if...you also acknowledged what's going on :O
If there are RL things in your life that are affecting you, you can mention that (but as all games, it won't be treated as the prominent influence on you unless you request replacement)

Though a usual tactic is just staying silent. :P

But yeaaaah. That one reply to 4mask? It implies something REALLY SCUMMY GIVEN THE WORDING.
Outright me not saying 'wow that's a dopp giving up o_O'

"that was definitely not discussed" is something I don't see anyone not in league with the person they're talking about, say in that kind of wording. And leave it at that. :P

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 02, 2017, 10:52:55 am »

The Whiteboard
TheBiggerFish: 4maskwolf, hector13, Persus13, TheDarkStar, Tiruin, webadict
TheDarkStar: Leafsnail
webadict: TheBiggerFish

Day ends ~Noon Pacific Today (About 4 hours). There are 5 votes to Shorten and 2 Votes to Extend. 5 Net votes needed to Shorten and 2 Net votes needed to Extend.
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 02, 2017, 11:49:19 am »

She's right. I did go along with it. It made the game more interesting.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 02, 2017, 04:01:08 pm »

Webadict picks up the shotgun and looks over at TheBiggerFish. "All right, let's just end this. You're the last doppelganger scumbag, and I'm going end this threat once and for all."

The condemned looks over and snarls, his features melting away into the horrible toothed visage of his kin. He raises a hand, claws splayed, and then collapses to his knees.

"Just do it. My podmates are dead. I'm stuck in this body with memories or a horrible war I never wanted to be in. This world has nothing for me. I don't care anymore." He bows his head and folds his clawed hands in his lap.

"Cool." Webadict sends two barrels of shot into the Doppelganger War Vet's brain.

TheDarkStar pulls out a cell phone and calls up his superiors. "It's done. The doppelganger pod is dead and the town seems safe from further infiltration....Ok...I'll have the bodies prepped. Yes, Sir." He pulls out a badge showing his status as an Official Agent Operative and starts working on getting the town ready for the clean-up crew to arrive.

The menace is gone, but how many of you will be able to sleep soundly in the nights to come?

Ok, that's game! Sorry, all the Hiveminds were only in your heads.

It was an interesting set-up, but lacked the large number of kills I'd been expecting from all those PWVs. Ah, well. It was interesting, and I hope everyone had fun with it!

Dopp Chat   
Dead Chat

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 02, 2017, 04:06:27 pm »

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 3 (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57