Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79288 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 4 brings blood and ashes.
« Reply #780 on: March 01, 2017, 02:17:16 pm »

Extend.

Now I'm liking this game.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 01, 2017, 02:18:58 pm »

Extend.

All it takes is a potential cult, eh?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 01, 2017, 02:24:28 pm »

Extend.

All it takes is a potential cult, eh?
No. The cult is actually the worst part of this game. I realized long ago how stupid it is to play with a cult, and it is even worse they keep their role. If you do a cult, you minimize the crap out of them. Like, they get stronger the longer the game goes. It is awful. So awful. There are ways to balance it, but it will always be super strong, especially in a game where you can target without having to do anything.

Thanks for the War Vets. We really wanted those against a cult that can go through them. So great.

The only thing keeping me in this game is the fact that there is a chance. Otherwise, I would've stopped as soon as the Hivemind claim came in. That's how awful I find cults. That's not a joke.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 01, 2017, 02:38:30 pm »

Mephansteras: does the presence of a town war veteran prevent the game from ending in a hivemind victory?

Yes, both types of Hivemind require that they visit their target to convert them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 01, 2017, 02:40:49 pm »

Woah, this got interesting.

So if there's a cult (and I'm still not sure why we think there is one other than from what TBF and Leafsnail have said), I'm not part of it (and I won't be in the future - aliens can't be converted by hiveminds and I'm an alien). I admit that the only way to mechanically prove I'm not the hivemind is to have my shield passed around which only confirms my role to the person who gets the shield (or to die - I don't want to die but I'm fine dying if it the town is still guaranteed to win if I die). If there is a hivemind, Tiruin is the most likely suspect with TBF one of the cult because of the stuff with the assassin bot. Then lynching TBF would serve to lynch someone who is scum and either a dopp or a cultist.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 01, 2017, 02:41:21 pm »

Well I'm still Town, so...

Does Tiruin ever gloat prior to actually winning, byraway?

I don't think TDS could be hivemind, unless he got stupendously lucky N1 with his conversion, as I am a kook observant guard which he PM'd me about on D2.

I can't imagine Tiruin would be foolish enough to announce her victory prior to her victory actually happening. We all seem to accept TBF as scum, DA got a survive result on Leafsnail, though we don't know the reliability of that given DA's scum.

Persus, webadict or 4mask, probably in that order of likelihood.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 01, 2017, 02:51:05 pm »

EBWOP

Should add Tiruin as tied with webadict there. Just because I don't think she's foolish doesn't mean she's not actually foolish.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 01, 2017, 03:29:24 pm »

Well I'm still Town, so...

Does Tiruin ever gloat prior to actually winning, byraway?

I don't think TDS could be hivemind, unless he got stupendously lucky N1 with his conversion, as I am a kook observant guard which he PM'd me about on D2.

I can't imagine Tiruin would be foolish enough to announce her victory prior to her victory actually happening. We all seem to accept TBF as scum, DA got a survive result on Leafsnail, though we don't know the reliability of that given DA's scum.

Persus, webadict or 4mask, probably in that order of likelihood.
What role do you think Tiruin is if she's not Hivemind aligned?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 01, 2017, 03:40:11 pm »

Also, if she's a Hivemind... she can't gain anymore converts after tonight. There is literally no one else she can convert without dying.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 01, 2017, 03:41:33 pm »

I didn't say she wasn't Hivemind aligned, I said I don't think she's the Hivemind.

PPE: This is assuming you're right. Which you're not.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 01, 2017, 05:05:59 pm »

Ahaha...

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Oh my goodness [/evilvillen]
First of all, extend, because this needs more time to discuss.

Persus13: Do you have anything to actually say, or are you just going to snark on the current events?
WE ARE LEGION  /end snark.

Seriously, though, I think everyone's being dumb by being distracted from this turn of events, and Leafsnail and possibly Webadict are falling for whatever Tiruin's trying to pull. I know there probably isn't a hivemind by virtue of still being town, but I obviously can't use this to convince you all of that. If TDS is the hivemind and managed to dance around guards, convert hector N1, and managed to avoid any kills revealing the presence of a hivemind, TDS deserves to win at this point, so I'm going to stick to lynching obvscum TBF and wait for this game to be over so I can see dead chat and scum chat's reaction to everything. I also want webadict to be wrong about everything because his perpetual overconfidence is really getting on my nerves.
Goodness that second paragraph :P

Hugs to you webadict ♥ and you Persus. And everyone who actually thought I was serious about FAKECLAIMING HIVEMIND WHEN IT'S QUITE OBVIOUS in context :I
I'll just let this swim on for a bit longer. At least this has produced more responses and given a lot more insight to...some people.
The shortsightedness appalls me.

But our PMs with webby and Persus has me a bit happier.

The Whiteboard
TheBiggerFish: hector13, Persus13, TheDarkStar, Tiruin
TheDarkStar: Leafsnail, TheBiggerFish
Tiruin: 4maskwolf, webadict

Day ends ~Noon Thursday. There are 3 votes to Shorten the day and 2 votes to Extend. 5 Net votes total needed to Shorten, 2 Net votes needed to Extend.
Yeah because TDS lovingly gave me a personal shield and I'm somehow lying and nobody is drafting up a plan in action, and that I would've did some time in claiming Hivemind when it was pretty sure that TBF would be lynched and it matters because people don't bother to discuss anymore and just react.

...Recalling my studies, this is a beautiful effect of social reaction in play x.x

But nobodyvery few bothered to ask and recheck. Just vote and react. :I
I mean wow. People didn't even contextualize me OR webadict. Our behavior. Our attitude. I...

Tiruin sits on the comfy armchair (which makes her sink a little because of its softness), and stares at y'all.
"Contemplation."

There are so many obvious holes in what I did but people didn't catch it and instead are being D:
... :I
You guys.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 01, 2017, 05:09:59 pm »

Fuck it.

TBF shorten unextend

If TBF is scum and the game doesn't end, I think my presence will prevent the hivemind from winning until they can convert the whole town (including me) so I don't mind a hivemind being present.
It's not like I slapped a tracking device on that itchy spot you can't scratch behind your left shoulder-back pocket where you keep your hunting rifle slung. I:
Nor did anyone poke on my night actions or explicitly that I poked you on the spine and mentioned that you did nothing yesterday.

*Tiruin has shortcircuited after staring at an open PCB board and seeing the moisture condense.

But really. These reactions.
Ehh, day's ending in 26 ish hours. I really do hope the recency and primacy effect [eg People staring at my evil villen acting] can be looked over x>x

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 01, 2017, 05:14:20 pm »

Extend webadict

Knew something was up.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 01, 2017, 05:18:01 pm »

As I said.

I don't really care if there's a hivemind.

Because there's a pretty easy win condition for all town players left alive.

lynch TBF, kill TDS, convert all remaining townies, with me last so that the game doesn't end before that.

It's very simple.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 01, 2017, 05:34:53 pm »

The game would end as soon as the last doppelganger dies.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57