Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79313 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 4 brings blood and ashes.
« Reply #765 on: March 01, 2017, 01:23:32 pm »

TBF: Siding with the town 'cause you can't win, eh?

Anyone: Are hivemind converted players shown as such on their flip?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 01, 2017, 01:24:16 pm »

The Whiteboard
TheBiggerFish: hector13, Persus13, TheDarkStar, Tiruin
TheDarkStar: Leafsnail, TheBiggerFish
Tiruin: 4maskwolf, webadict

Day ends ~Noon Thursday. There are 3 votes to Shorten the day and 2 votes to Extend. 5 Net votes total needed to Shorten, 2 Net votes needed to Extend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 01, 2017, 01:26:15 pm »

TBF can actually win if the Hivemind dies and webadict turns out to be doppelganger-aligned. So he should work with us against the Hivemind because that could possibly result in his win. Similarly we should work with him and against the Hivemind based on the possibility of webadict being towned aligned.

Extend.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 01, 2017, 01:28:23 pm »

It is possible that the town has already lost in reality. But we should play on for the possibility of a town win. Just as TBF is playing on for the possibility of a doppelganger win.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 01, 2017, 01:28:32 pm »

Mephansteras: If a player is converted the same night they are nightkilled, do they flip as converted or no?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 01, 2017, 01:33:52 pm »

Mephansteras: If a player is converted the same night they are nightkilled, do they flip as converted or no?

Since conversions and kills are simultaneous, yes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 01, 2017, 01:44:05 pm »

Huh. I would've figured Leafsnail was Hiveminded.

If not, then the four Hivemind players are hector13, Persus13, TheDarkStar, Tiruin

Meaning that you are correct, Leaf. TheDarkStar is the Hivemind, since it is more likely Tiruin is a front.

Since they only have one Assassin Bot, then, this should be eeeeeeeasy.

They converted all the guards, so we have to pick them off one by one. They'll convert another player tonight.

It looks like this is actually a win for the Doppelgangers. Sad days.

Meph really hates counters.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 01, 2017, 01:50:02 pm »

Sadly, it will probably be Leafsnail, since I will be targeted by an Assassin bot. But I will be able to kill one of them. And since TBF can also kill one, it'll be tied tomorrow, again.

And then they lose, by virtue of being unable to stop the kills or beat the tie tomorrow, and since the shield only works once, they cannot stop the fire.

Unless, of course, there is one last thing we don't know.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 01, 2017, 01:54:44 pm »

Huh. I would've figured Leafsnail was Hiveminded.

If not, then the four Hivemind players are hector13, Persus13, TheDarkStar, Tiruin

Meaning that you are correct, Leaf. TheDarkStar is the Hivemind, since it is more likely Tiruin is a front.

Since they only have one Assassin Bot, then, this should be eeeeeeeasy.

They converted all the guards, so we have to pick them off one by one. They'll convert another player tonight.

It looks like this is actually a win for the Doppelgangers. Sad days.

Meph really hates counters.
Have you done the math, wubs?

If they force a no-lynch: you and TBF shoot the guards (hector and Persus, and Persus can guard TDS to soak all the kills on him if you try to double-kill TDS because heroic guard), Leafsnail is converted, you or I is nightkilled by them (probably you on the off chance you're actually the dopp and TBF is the ally).  The game ends up 3 v 1 v 1 (TDS/Leafsnail/Tiruin vs me vs TBF) and TBF is lynched by their numerical superiority.
If there is a not-hivemind lynch: Same thing, only with fewer people: if we lynch Leafsnail they simply have Persus guard TDS, hector guard Tiruin, TDS convert me, and you bot-killed and the rest of us lynch TBF tomorrow.  If I'm lynched, they go with the "no-lynch" solution except without needing to care about my existence.  If we lynch you or TBF, the game is even easier for them.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 01, 2017, 01:58:14 pm »

In fact, Leafsnail and I's best hope of winning is to lynch webadict and cut a deal with the hivemind: they convert leafsnail tonight, hector guards persus, and persus guards TDS.  hector or Tiruin (or, theoretically Leafsnail, who will be converted) dies, leaving a scumteam of Persus + TDS + a couple others.  Then, hopefully, they no-lynch the next day, have persus guard TDS (since Persus can soak any number of kills) and have TDS convert me.  Even if I tried to be cheeky and garner a win for the town, it wouldn't matter because persus would soak both my kill and a potential kill from TBF and everyone alive except TBF would be hivemind, and they lynch him the next day.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 01, 2017, 02:00:52 pm »

Mephansteras: does the presence of a town war veteran prevent the game from ending in a hivemind victory?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 01, 2017, 02:02:04 pm »

First of all, extend, because this needs more time to discuss.

Persus13: Do you have anything to actually say, or are you just going to snark on the current events?
WE ARE LEGION  /end snark.

Seriously, though, I think everyone's being dumb by being distracted from this turn of events, and Leafsnail and possibly Webadict are falling for whatever Tiruin's trying to pull. I know there probably isn't a hivemind by virtue of still being town, but I obviously can't use this to convince you all of that. If TDS is the hivemind and managed to dance around guards, convert hector N1, and managed to avoid any kills revealing the presence of a hivemind, TDS deserves to win at this point, so I'm going to stick to lynching obvscum TBF and wait for this game to be over so I can see dead chat and scum chat's reaction to everything. I also want webadict to be wrong about everything because his perpetual overconfidence is really getting on my nerves.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 01, 2017, 02:06:32 pm »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 01, 2017, 02:10:18 pm »

That was my reaction to Tiruin's Hivemind claim.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 01, 2017, 02:14:18 pm »

Fuck it.

TBF shorten unextend

If TBF is scum and the game doesn't end, I think my presence will prevent the hivemind from winning until they can convert the whole town (including me) so I don't mind a hivemind being present.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57