Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79396 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 4 brings blood and ashes.
« Reply #705 on: February 28, 2017, 06:49:01 pm »

And yes, I received no notice that I was targeted by the Assassin Bot.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 28, 2017, 07:19:34 pm »

How do you have the bloody anti-tech field, though?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 28, 2017, 07:21:40 pm »

I have no idea.  I just do.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 28, 2017, 07:35:51 pm »

How do you--
HE'S LYING!

LOOK AT THE SHERLOCK HOLMESY DETECTIVE WORK I JUST DID!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 28, 2017, 07:37:39 pm »

How do you--
HE'S LYING!

Who's lying, me?  You wanna test it?  Have Tiruin try to plant a bug on me tonight.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 28, 2017, 07:48:11 pm »

This game is an exercise in patience...

Here's something you should really think about: Am I scum? If you don't think I'm scum, this message should obviously be recognizably obvious, but

Why are you wasting the Town's time? What knowledge are you gaining? Who are you trying to get information from? How have you not decided on what to do already?

I am literally sitting here, smashing my head against my desk with how long it takes for people to realize the obvious things. It's painful. Utterly. Painful. I am in disbelief. I am frustrated. I am flabbergasted. I am perplexed.

Just... LYNCH SOMEONE. I don't know WHY we didn't shoot Leafsnail last Night. No, that's a lie, I know why. It's because Tiruin is too easy to manipulate into making her believe something. The only reason I'm suggesting we shoot Leafsnail Tonight is because TBF cannot be killed by Assassin Bots.

How do you--
HE'S LYING!

Who's lying, me?  You wanna test it?  Have Tiruin try to plant a bug on me tonight.
Lol, that is so stupid in so many ways.

I am dumbfounded.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 28, 2017, 08:07:46 pm »

How do you--
HE'S LYING!

Well aye it's bleedin' obvious, I just want to see what he says. The game is meant to be entertaining you know. 'scuse me for finding that in a way of which you evidently don't approve :p

TBF
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 28, 2017, 08:17:44 pm »

How do you--
HE'S LYING!

Well aye it's bleedin' obvious, I just want to see what he says. The game is meant to be entertaining you know. 'scuse me for finding that in a way of which you evidently don't approve :p

TBF
It would be entertaining if I didn't feel like I was way ahead of everyone.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 28, 2017, 08:32:12 pm »

webadict: why do you feel the need to rush this? I think that third parties represent our highest chance to lose at this stage and therefore they should be considered. Why are you so sure there isn't one?
Also given no added discussion--the Hivemind could be pretty much anyone >_>
But hivemind converts--sans me and TDS--at this point would amount to it + 3 others given 3 nights.

hector13
TheDarkStar
Tiruin
Persus13
webadict
Leafsnail
4maskwolf

TheBiggerFish
That leaves us at FAR PAST LYLO already. :P
That's accurate - lynching a Hivemind at this point would almost certainly be impossible since a) they control so much of the vote and b) their cultists can suicide if needed to protect their leader. But if the doppelganger shoots the Hivemind they get wiped out, even if they already have enough players to control the lynch. Note that, if we lynched the last doppelganger today, we'd definitely lose to a Hivemind if there is one. That's why I'm voting for myself.

The reason why the doppelganger will take shots at a potential Hivemind is because it represents their chance to win (I believe this is why they killed doll last night). If they kill a Hivemind they may kill 4 players at once, quite possibly including "confirmed townies" to give them a fair, lylo situation. It would be mutually beneficial for us and the dopp.

I think TDS is likely to be at least on the team for a few reasons.
1. Agent Operative is a ridiculously strong role to give to a town that is already looking very favoured.
2. Picking Assassin Bot over a 2-use scanner seems very bad for an Agent Operative. Meanwhile it's easily the best pick for a Hivemind.
It's an innate property that players can get at the start of the game. Read the rules post.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 28, 2017, 08:41:54 pm »

webadict: why do you feel the need to rush this? I think that third parties represent our highest chance to lose at this stage and therefore they should be considered. Why are you so sure there isn't one?
Also given no added discussion--the Hivemind could be pretty much anyone >_>
But hivemind converts--sans me and TDS--at this point would amount to it + 3 others given 3 nights.

hector13
TheDarkStar
Tiruin
Persus13
webadict
Leafsnail
4maskwolf

TheBiggerFish
That leaves us at FAR PAST LYLO already. :P
That's accurate - lynching a Hivemind at this point would almost certainly be impossible since a) they control so much of the vote and b) their cultists can suicide if needed to protect their leader. But if the doppelganger shoots the Hivemind they get wiped out, even if they already have enough players to control the lynch. Note that, if we lynched the last doppelganger today, we'd definitely lose to a Hivemind if there is one. That's why I'm voting for myself.

The reason why the doppelganger will take shots at a potential Hivemind is because it represents their chance to win (I believe this is why they killed doll last night). If they kill a Hivemind they may kill 4 players at once, quite possibly including "confirmed townies" to give them a fair, lylo situation. It would be mutually beneficial for us and the dopp.

I think TDS is likely to be at least on the team for a few reasons.
1. Agent Operative is a ridiculously strong role to give to a town that is already looking very favoured.
2. Picking Assassin Bot over a 2-use scanner seems very bad for an Agent Operative. Meanwhile it's easily the best pick for a Hivemind.
It's an innate property that players can get at the start of the game. Read the rules post.
Yeah, Idk about you, but unless you've already been Hiveminded, I don't care what you think. Stupid scumbag.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 28, 2017, 08:51:04 pm »

Webadict:I have a sneaking suspicion that you are the Hivemind...
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 28, 2017, 08:56:19 pm »

Oh for fucks sake... stop jerking off to edge-case conspiracy theories...

Leafsnail: Let's say there is a cult.  The first two cultists have to be TDS and hector13, with one of them as the cult leader, because TDS claimed agent operative N2 and wouldn't know hector's role if they weren't in the cult together (and wouldn't be able to coordinate a fakeclaim if they weren't in the cult together if hector is the leader).  Tiruin has to be the night two convert because during N3 she claimed to receive both items, something she would only lie about if she were a cultist.  This also means that the hivemind is of the psionic flavor, since Tiruin was protected by multiple guards that night (including one who is, by death, confirmed to be town) and tech hiveminds have their convert redirected by guards.  Now, we reach N3.  There's really only one choice for them to convert, and that's Persus13: he's cleared as not-scum by DA's death since either Tiruin is telling the truth about her PM from shakerag (thus making Persus not scum) or Tiruin is scum and maybe lying in which case he's still not scum because there's only one scum left.  That means there are four cult (including up to two guards), three town, and one scum.  If `we lynch one of the town today, they botkill webadict, lynch TBF, and they know the confirmed not-scum can't do anything to them so they just lynch me the next day (if the game hasn't been ended already).  One of the guards can, meanwhile, take the hit for the cult leader and prevent the cult from instantly losing.  The same thing happens if we don't lynch you except you get converted in the night, Leafsnail, which just ensures that you win with them.  And if we try to lynch the cult leader today, they can force a no-lynch with their numbers, leading to the "we don't lynch leafsnail" situation tomorrow.

What does this all mean?

If there is a hivemind, the town has already lost the game.  So stop fucking talking about it and get over yourselves.

If the game doesn't end after the scum dies, then we can talk about what to do, since the most likely case is an exterminator who's been hiding through the game.  But right now, it does nothing but WIFOM and distract the town from it's actual goal: Lynch the scum.

Also, TBF has as good as claimed he's the last scum at this point, so we should def lynch him.  Obviously botkill Leafsnail if by some miracle TBF's not scum.  Seriously, you all are basically arguing against reason itself at this point.  Especially you Leaf.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 28, 2017, 09:01:23 pm »

Webadict:I have a sneaking suspicion that you are the Hivemind...

I'm pretty sure you're scum (read: practically certain), mostly because it's impossible for you to be telling the truth about your role and have an anti-tech shield at the same time.

I would find it really funny if you were actually a Hive Mind or some other third-party evil, but odds are you're a dopp mad scientist or something similar.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 28, 2017, 09:03:16 pm »

TDS:FOR THE THIRD TIME:  I AM A WAR VET WHO ALSO HAS AN ANTI-TECH AURA, WHICH IS POSSIBLE.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 28, 2017, 09:04:35 pm »

TDS:FOR THE THIRD TIME:  I AM A WAR VET WHO ALSO HAS AN ANTI-TECH AURA, WHICH IS POSSIBLE.
Yeah, but your horrible play is almost impossible.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57