Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79361 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 4 brings blood and ashes.
« Reply #690 on: February 28, 2017, 01:34:05 pm »

I'm driving home from work right now (well... shortly I will be) and would prefer to wait 'til I'm not dying of thirst to post more, thought it'll mostly just be looking into why assassin bots fail...

Presently there are what, webadict, TBF, and Leafsnail as lynch targets? Not necessarily in that order.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 28, 2017, 02:30:04 pm »

That's what I was lookin' for!

... but it doesn't make sense, so not as enlightening as I'd hoped, unless there's third-parties involved.

Basically, my thought was that Tiruin was mind-controlled via mind-control ray into targeting doll with the assassin bot, but since they were NK'd by the dopp it didn't work. I don't think anyone else in the guard chain could've been targeted, since the assassin bot is a morning kill thing, and doll was dead by then.

Mind-control ray being medium tech means TDS probably isn't what did it, since he had the assassin bot, a scanner, and a personal shield (1 medium and 2 small, as per agent/exterminator operative limits) leaving the potential TPs as: Hivemind, Exterminator, another operative and a Xenozoologist.

I find it unlikely that it's an Exterminator given the 1 NK/night thing so far, and I'm sure we'd have noticed some abductions so far, so it probably isn't a Xenozoologist.

This does make webadict constantly bringing up Hivemind stuff a bit more worrying. PPE: evidently not that constant, never mind.

This may mean that killing all the claimed war vets is not the best way to go about things.

Unless, of course, Tiruin is fibbing, in which case the above doesn't matter.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 28, 2017, 03:08:51 pm »

I agree with webadict on two points.

1. If the only scum left in the game is a Doppelganger the game was heavily biased in favour of the town from the start.
2. If the only scum left in the game is a Doppelganger the game is trivially easy to win for the town from its current state.

Factor 1, to me, suggests there's a strong possibility of a third party. Factor 2, to me, suggests that we should play as if there is a hostile third party even if it's not likely because it's the only realistic way of losing the game at this point. To use a Hearthstone analogy, it's not likely that your opponent will draw Quick Shot -> Quick Shot -> Kill Command next turn, but if it's the only way they can win the game you should do your best to eliminate that out.

I agree that TBF is probably a doppelganger. But I don't really want to lynch him because doing so would cause us to instantly lose to a Hivemind, which I think we should be playing around for the reasons listed above and because of TDS' insanely fishy claim. I would prefer a Leafsnail lynch today to give the doppelganger another shot at a potential Hivemind (probably TDS).

Meph: What happens if an Assassin Bot is used on someone with an anti-tech field?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 28, 2017, 03:10:30 pm »

TBF: is there anything you'd like to claim about last night?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 28, 2017, 03:45:20 pm »

Leafsnail Unshorten

I don't think there's anything I should need to claim that isn't obvious.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 28, 2017, 04:10:26 pm »

I've heard from Tiruin and I'm completely fine with a TBF lynch. I'm pretty sure Leafsnail is the dopp but TBF is also really fishy.

(Also, Leafsnail: There's no way I could be a hivemind. They only get one tech slot and I've traded two items + used a third to find hector's role + alignment).

Shorten.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 28, 2017, 04:14:07 pm »

Your converts will say whatever you want them to say.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 28, 2017, 04:23:19 pm »

Anti-Tech Field
    [Psychic]
    Race: Any
    Rules: This character is completely immune to all Tech effects and abilities (Mad Scientist and Alien tech). The Anti-Tech Field is not a role in itself, but an ability granted to a non-psychic character that may or may not already have a role. Tech characters will be aware that their item was blocked. Single Target one-shot items are not used up, but the action is wasted. The character with an anti-tech field will know that they were targeted but not the specific effect.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 28, 2017, 04:24:04 pm »

...Huh.

I was not, to my knowledge, targeted.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 28, 2017, 04:42:29 pm »

The Whiteboard
Leafsnail: Leafsnail, TheBiggerFish
TheBiggerFish: 4maskwolf, Persus13, TheDarkStar, Tiruin, webadict

Day ends ~Noon Pacific Thursday. There are 3 votes to Shorten the day and 2 against. 5 net votes total needed to Shorten the day.

Meph: What happens if an Assassin Bot is used on someone with an anti-tech field?

It would fail to find its target and return without being used up.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 28, 2017, 04:59:03 pm »

Leafsnail Unshorten

You can't claim you're a dopp if you aren't one[/brokenmeme]

Shorten

I agree with webadict on two points.

1. If the only scum left in the game is a Doppelganger the game was heavily biased in favour of the town from the start.
2. If the only scum left in the game is a Doppelganger the game is trivially easy to win for the town from its current state.

Factor 1, to me, suggests there's a strong possibility of a third party. Factor 2, to me, suggests that we should play as if there is a hostile third party even if it's not likely because it's the only realistic way of losing the game at this point. To use a Hearthstone analogy, it's not likely that your opponent will draw Quick Shot -> Quick Shot -> Kill Command next turn, but if it's the only way they can win the game you should do your best to eliminate that out.

I agree that TBF is probably a doppelganger. But I don't really want to lynch him because doing so would cause us to instantly lose to a Hivemind, which I think we should be playing around for the reasons listed above and because of TDS' insanely fishy claim. I would prefer a Leafsnail lynch today to give the doppelganger another shot at a potential Hivemind (probably TDS).

Let me grump at that 'Hivemind' for not targeting me then. :I
And WHY would you lynch YOURSELF to get the 'dopps' a potential shot at a potential hivemind when they can just target PERSUS and kill a Townie. :V

I'm not even Hiveminded or else I wouldn't be complaining this openly about it. I:

((Yes, my extension is retracted by my 'shorten', so that changes the 3/2 ratio to 4/1))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 28, 2017, 05:23:12 pm »

Also given no added discussion--the Hivemind could be pretty much anyone >_>
But hivemind converts--sans me and TDS--at this point would amount to it + 3 others given 3 nights.

hector13
TheDarkStar
Tiruin
Persus13
webadict
Leafsnail
4maskwolf

TheBiggerFish
That leaves us at FAR PAST LYLO already. :P

Edit: Wait War Vets apparently stop a hivemind? I've always pictured it as a psychic power...
Well anyway that makes it at least 2 stoppers so we're far from MYLO given that condition, and a somewhat crazy Leafsnail? :P [who probably isn't a spore spreader as the DOPP TEAM would've mentioned it instead of 'survive']

Inasmuch as that sounds, Leafsnail is pretty much in Persus' shoes. Other than claiming Kook (which can be a role modifier rather than just a role itself), which is believable because we've had an Agent.

...Huh.

I was not, to my knowledge, targeted.
That's because the field is passive, unlike our surveillance systems--which would end up with the user as dead anyway unless there's any such added defense.

Also why'd you pick that and not even mention it in the first place? This uncaringness (other than a possible RL addition in your post of tiredness in a whole other thread) doesn't help though :-\ DoppScientist is pretty out of the blue.

BUT a dopp'wincon does also agree in removing the xenos! So you could help us that way and not even out yourself directly as a dopp[/weallknowanyway] :D

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 28, 2017, 05:27:20 pm »

Oooooh, wait, reading Leafsnail's post (despite knowing that it does say that and I somehow forgot between reading that and typing) had me recall another tangent.

...Lying won't help anyone and would pretty much just help dopp-enemies, which also includes NOT US TOWN. :P

So are you sure you received no note that you were targeted? No preferably ambiguous note, even?

I'm giving you tea if you get lynched and are a dopp. Just to make sure you're not human. :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 28, 2017, 05:45:01 pm »

Wtf is this, I don't even.

Lynch TBF, shoot Leafsnail Tonight.

This is so bizarrely stupid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 28, 2017, 06:43:52 pm »

No, I'm not a scientist, I just have the bloody Anti-Tech Field, how is that so hard?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 57