Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79559 times)

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2017, 04:49:21 am »

Spoiler: Shakerag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Persus13 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PM conversation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deus Asmoth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leafsnail (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RattyB (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 4maskwolf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: webadict (click to show/hide)

I guess there are a lot of unknown's here.
Hopefully we can go through some meatier content during the rest of the day.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2017, 06:00:15 am »

EBWOP:I meant to mention in the Persus13 section that neither TDS nor hector replied to the PM, which is the same as the one I sent to Persus13 sans the section after the linebreak.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2017, 07:57:58 am »

Tiruin? Unreadable? She's obviously an Alien.

Also, I was planning to post last night, but I got suckered into Overwatch.

Say what you will, but doll has done probably three times more work than anyone of you guys. Not only would I stake my virtual life on him being Town, I literally proved so by claiming fully to him, as well as letting him have any discretion on actions I will perform.

I honestly have no idea why he fullclaimed to me. I wouldn't in his position. But, that's also because I still think he has more to learn.

It's pretty self-explanatory to me. I have no fear of what I'm doing. I'm surprised people let me do these things. But whatever.

Fillipk is an incredibly dodgy character. You should lynch him.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2017, 09:18:58 am »

TheBiggerFish:
@IronyOwl:...Huh.  I could have sworn it was Shakerag.

Mostly, that real life inactivity got labeled as scummy lurking, and that I am (or was at the time, at least) basically being scumhunted on mostly false pretenes.
So when you say RVS is going poorly, you mean for your survival specifically. Are you more concerned with your own survival than any other aspect of RVS?
I'm concerned with finding scum.  As I know I am not scum, I feel like the focus on me is unhelpful.

@hector for at least the third time:How many times must I say I thought there was far more backlog than there actually was before you actually realize I've said that.

Also, re: "Why this particular question?"
Because I didn't know what happened in Paranormal 24.

@doll:
Re:your reads - I recall telling you as much in PMs, but I should say here that unread PMs seriously get on my nerves and thus provoke responses.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2017, 01:49:28 pm »

Doll's version of his PM conversation with me is accurate, for the record.

hector13:
I've not got on his case about PFP'ing, I've got on his case because he wants other people to play the game for him, and when he does deign to answer questions, nobody knows what questions he's answering. Do you think his play so far has very town-oriented?
His play so far has been lazy, but laziness isn't necessarily an indication of mafia affiliation. And he's far from the only to have slim posts.

Your first question is asinine. What has anyone done this game? We're still in RVS.
We are still in RVS? I felt there were some pretty serious votes out there. Most people seem to have someone they're pretty suspicious of at this point in the game. I genuinely wanted your perspective on what you had felt you had accomplished so far today, and I apologize if this question came across as accusatory.[/quote]

Second question is better, actually making me choose someone to interact with. I'll go with you, seein' as you're here.

What makes you think my vote on TBF was serious?
And you chose the path of least resistance by choosing to engage in dialogue with someone who had already decided to engage with you. How many people have you initiated (or attempted to) a conversation with that wasn't TBF?

I thought your vote on TBF was serious because if it wasn't, what's the point? Being voted means someone wants to kick you out of the game. Plus you want TBF to get his act together and quit whining. That's a good goal to have. Plus as I aid above, we don't seem to be RVS anymore.

fillipk:
Who do you think is scum right now? You've said that you'd prefer a TBF lynch. What makes him more scummy or lazy even though he's posted more than TDS, 4maskwolf, RattyB, or myself?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2017, 01:52:32 pm »

I'm of two minds when it comes to doll.  On the one hand, lynching them would provide a wealth of information for the town to analyze tomorrow, due to how active they were with talking to everyone.  On the other hand, I'm not convinced they're actually scum and having a player who's that active and makes things happen is good for the town.

Mephansteras: Can we get a votecount, pretty please?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2017, 02:03:01 pm »

The Whiteboard
doll: Leafsnail, Shakerag
fillipk: doll, webadict
hector13: Persus13
RattyB: fillipk
Shakerag: RattyB
TheBiggerFish: Deus Asmoth, hector13, IronyOwl

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There is one vote to Extend the day ~5pm Pacific Thursday. 4 votes needed to Extend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2017, 02:11:53 pm »

On the one hand, lynching them would provide a wealth of information for the town to analyze tomorrow, due to how active they were with talking to everyone.  On the other hand, I'm not convinced they're actually scum and having a player who's that active and makes things happen is good for the town.
My main concern about lynching someone for information is that certain players have no or next-to-no content in the game.
There's nobody you could lynch to get insight into RattyB or TDS (except RattyB or TDS), and that's a problem.

Also, I would appreciate it if we could extend the day.
There is a lot to get through right now, and we do need the time.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2017, 02:59:23 pm »

Extend Although I'll be surprised if someone who isn't Fillipk, doll, or TBF will get lynched today.

TDS, RattyB, let's hear more from you please.

I'm of two minds when it comes to doll.  On the one hand, lynching them would provide a wealth of information for the town to analyze tomorrow, due to how active they were with talking to everyone.  On the other hand, I'm not convinced they're actually scum and having a player who's that active and makes things happen is good for the town.

Mephansteras: Can we get a votecount, pretty please?
You're not voting right now. Who would you vote for?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2017, 03:03:19 pm »

I'll throw my hat in with the extend

You're not voting right now. Who would you vote for?
Preliminarily, I'm going to say TBF because they have some level of interaction with other players (giving us the ability to look at how other players reacted to them) while pinging my scum-o-meter a bit and not being particularly helpful in finding scum or generating information to look at.

I'm going to refrain because I want to reread the thread with a fine-tooth comb, since some of the earlier posts I skimmed over during the my reading yesterday, and see if anything catches my attention.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2017, 03:12:31 pm »

Extend.

TheDarkStar: You alive?

RattyB: Day's ending. Are you sure you want to end it draped haphazardly over Shakerag like a googly-eyed novelty shawl?

fillipk:
@Irony
Sure if I don't have anyone else I actually think is scum I would rather hit an obnoxious player then random another player.
Are you working on finding any such scum? Other than prodding RattyB, I don't recall you having anything approaching a real suspect or attempts at gaining a real suspect.

hector:
So, to answer your question, yes, TBF could use that as an excuse, but I don't think he could say so and have people accept it. He's made 20 posts since I voted him, so he's had plenty opportunity to do something, plenty opportunity to modify his behaviour, but he appears to think it's actually alright that he's said he wanted other people to find the questions he was asked - which, in itself, wasn't really an issue at that point seeing as how it was RVS, but not something I think is particularly helpful to town in the long-run - and that he's not going to put forth the effort into actually quoting and formatting the questions he does deign to answer - much more of an issue, seeing as that way nobody knows wtf he's responding to, and has to spend time figuring that out.

Then he has the audacity to say that the issues people have with him are that he's active-lurking and not asking questions, when I quite clearly had issue with the things in the above paragraph. He's actively taking the piss, is what he's doing.
So is your issue with Fish more a formatting thing and less the lack of substance?

webadict:
Fillipk is an incredibly dodgy character. You should lynch him.
Are you just kind of done for the Day, then?

TheBiggerFish:
So when you say RVS is going poorly, you mean for your survival specifically. Are you more concerned with your own survival than any other aspect of RVS?
I'm concerned with finding scum.  As I know I am not scum, I feel like the focus on me is unhelpful.
What have you done to find scum? What do you plan to do to find scum? What have you done to shift the focus off of yourself? What do you plan to do to shift the focus off of yourself?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2017, 03:26:42 pm »

Extend.

I'll make a huge post talking about why I'm not scum and who I suspect, I just need to reread the thread first. And I have stuff to do today so it probably won't be out till tomorrow.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2017, 03:35:52 pm »

What have you done to find scum? What do you plan to do to find scum? What have you done to shift the focus off of yourself? What do you plan to do to shift the focus off of yourself?
I haven't had much chance to - especially what with major focuses of this RVS being me, and someone I'm pretty certain is town.  fillipk might be scummier than not, but I'm really not certain.
At this point, I'm not sure I'll even have the chance, but I want to see the flip of whoever does get lynched to start actual scumhunting.
The last two questions are quite frankly loaded as all heck IMHO.  So no thanks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2017, 03:46:49 pm »

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Thursday. There is one more possible extension remaining for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2017, 03:50:27 pm »

Persus13

Doll's version of his PM conversation with me is accurate, for the record.

hector13:
I've not got on his case about PFP'ing, I've got on his case because he wants other people to play the game for him, and when he does deign to answer questions, nobody knows what questions he's answering. Do you think his play so far has very town-oriented?
His play so far has been lazy, but laziness isn't necessarily an indication of mafia affiliation. And he's far from the only to have slim posts.

He is the only player obviously making things harder for town though.

Your first question is asinine. What has anyone done this game? We're still in RVS.
We are still in RVS? I felt there were some pretty serious votes out there. Most people seem to have someone they're pretty suspicious of at this point in the game. I genuinely wanted your perspective on what you had felt you had accomplished so far today, and I apologize if this question came across as accusatory.

I felt we were in RVS at the point you asked your question yesterday, yes.

Why are you apologising?

My perspective was that I hadn't done very much, other than the pressure on TBF which you said I wasn't allowed to cite in response. As your question came with a vote, that's why I felt it was accusatory and responded defensively, seeing as you hadn't really done anything yourself. Leading into:

Second question is better, actually making me choose someone to interact with. I'll go with you, seein' as you're here.

What makes you think my vote on TBF was serious?
And you chose the path of least resistance by choosing to engage in dialogue with someone who had already decided to engage with you. How many people have you initiated (or attempted to) a conversation with that wasn't TBF?

I chose the path of least resistance to content. I'm not particularly good at opening dialogue with people. RVS for me usually involves dropping a vote on someone alongside an inane question or statement, which generally doesn't get much in the way of content.

You gave me something to react to and build on. I responded 15 minutes after you posted in the hope a dialogue would form and I could get a read on you, but you didn't respond.

I posted a little bit last night, though forgot to ask something to Leafsnail that's been on my mind for a bit, remedied later in this post.

I thought your vote on TBF was serious because if it wasn't, what's the point? Being voted means someone wants to kick you out of the game. Plus you want TBF to get his act together and quit whining. That's a good goal to have. Plus as I aid above, we don't seem to be RVS anymore.

The maxim "your vote is your voice" sticks out. It doesn't really mean anything if you say someone is suspicious and leave them be. If you say they're suspicious and vote for them, that provokes a response. My vote on TBF is serious now, 5 hours before day end, but at the time I wanted to provoke a reaction. I felt the reaction I got was telling - he has no interest in playing the game, which is very much not in town's benefit - so left it there.

Leafsnail

Yes. Especially if that math from forever ago showing it's a strong towntell still holds.

Speaking of which, do you think you'd claim Kook if you were a dopp? Did you plan to do so prior to receiving your role?
I didn't give any thought to it before the game. I wasn't aware of what people thought of claiming kook day one - I remember people being more hostile to it when I played last, so I probably wouldn't have taken the risk as mafia. I might do it in future now I know people are largely accepting of it.

How do you think the town should respond to you and I claiming kook in the short-, medium-, and long-term in this game? Say, D1 + N1, D2-N3, and D4+ respectively.

doll

More of an addition to the above question, but it's D1, anti-town indicators are all we have to go on right now. Do you think Shakerag is wrong (from his perspective) to be voting you, citing anti-town rather than scum?
There's nothing wrong with his vote, if he changes it as the day progresses.
In my opinion there is a lot of material in the thread to be suspicious of, though I've had more exposure to material than any other player I suppose.
The main point will be whether or not he interfaces with the cases that people make from now on.
As a resting vote left from RVS and putting pressure on an anti-town player, it's perfectly valid at the time it is from.

What about that resting vote left over from RVS being there 5 hours prior to the day ending?

Questions regarding your reads, too:

You appear to have gone to the effort of going through posts to form reads on people, but only quoted Shakerag. Why is that?

A lot of your reads end with you saying "unknown" despite some positive things to say about their game. Tiruin, for example, is playing a "strong and dependable Town (day) game", Deus Asmoth has a "solid town game" yet they still read as unknowns to you. Why is that?

Did the list come in any particular order?

PPE: TBF

I haven't had much chance to - especially what with major focuses of this RVS being me, and someone I'm pretty certain is town.  fillipk might be scummier than not, but I'm really not certain.
At this point, I'm not sure I'll even have the chance, but I want to see the flip of whoever does get lynched to start actual scumhunting.
The last two questions are quite frankly loaded as all heck IMHO.  So no thanks.

Why do you think you've not had much chance to shift focus from you? What do you think people were asking you questions for?

Why do you want to wait until D2 to start scumhunting, when you are presently the lynch target in part because you've done nothing?

What makes you think the last two questions from IronyOwl were loaded?

IronyOwl

hector:
So, to answer your question, yes, TBF could use that as an excuse, but I don't think he could say so and have people accept it. He's made 20 posts since I voted him, so he's had plenty opportunity to do something, plenty opportunity to modify his behaviour, but he appears to think it's actually alright that he's said he wanted other people to find the questions he was asked - which, in itself, wasn't really an issue at that point seeing as how it was RVS, but not something I think is particularly helpful to town in the long-run - and that he's not going to put forth the effort into actually quoting and formatting the questions he does deign to answer - much more of an issue, seeing as that way nobody knows wtf he's responding to, and has to spend time figuring that out.

Then he has the audacity to say that the issues people have with him are that he's active-lurking and not asking questions, when I quite clearly had issue with the things in the above paragraph. He's actively taking the piss, is what he's doing.
So is your issue with Fish more a formatting thing and less the lack of substance?

No, that's one example of his unwillingness to do anything for town, though his most recent post he actually made an effort to trim down a quote.

PPPE: can't be bothered editing out the "5 hours 'til day end" stuff, even while the extension goes through and it's technically 4 hours to the previous day end time...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57