Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79436 times)

RattyB

• Bay Watcher
  • Help.
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2017, 06:16:22 pm »

@fillipk Given the choice, I would prefer Exterminator, Exterminator Op is an underpowered support role in my opinion, nothing like the interesting balance between most roles. No offense Mephansteras.
Good day to you, sir!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2017, 06:57:11 pm »

4mask
[...]
I see doll has managed to one-up me on the gambit front, and if I weren't so busy with work I'd have to challenge them to reclaim my place on top there, but meh.  I'm an old-ass man, I'm too old for that shit.

I am not Spartacus, because fuck that noise.  I have no idea what's going on there, but it isn't anything good.
So what are you going to do with the cut in time you have?

I'm busy with work too :P

DA
Well, it was more who you'd be aiming to kill off, not assuming that you'd actually be correct and get what you were aiming for. But it seemed potentially useful to see who you'd want to remove from the game, even if you were possibly the wrong person to try that type of question with.
Why thank you! :P
I'd always aim for dopps--standing with my 'STAND WITH THE TOWN EVEN IF THEY'RE EXTREMIST AND IGNORANT AT TIMES' creed.
But that usually gets me shooting townies even if I have mostly-never had experience with killing roles in the past >_>

I mean as far as I recall anyway, I don't think I've shot Mafia when I did have killyroles.

Doll
Doll, what you're doing is not big and it's not clever. You're muddying the waters by claiming a bunch of stupid nonsense in addition to a claim that could be legitimately made at this stage (kook). You being alive later in the game would be bad for the town regardless of your alignment.
I'd agree with this bit--the thing in the first sentence; although if in part this is your play in the first day as I recall parts of how your mindset is, it's something...okay, but I'm curious why you're also laying into PMs when that's a part that is a lot more ...nebulous than any other notion of playstyle.

Also I never got mail from you and never sent any :P Where's my Doll(TM) mail that has been claimed to have been sent?!
I've asked your question in a PM.
No you didn't! D: I don't have a PM from you! (Also if I would, hello and welcome to Bay12! It's nice to see you and have a PM from you as a start!) [And on anyone curious, I don't usually do PMs until when stuff are established; stuff pertains to ideas about the game and all, currently I'm in the not-yet-established-portion]
You are the only player I have not PM'd.
*mail-loneliness grumbling sounds*

[...]
I'm Spartacus a kook.
Fun thing. Many people claiming has the real scumteam, if one is in the position of their shoes, to be able to analyze stuff themselves while the non-dopp team flails about.
In my 'this time is midnight and I am tired and why am I posting' mindset, it's picturing people at the start of a game--same idea of 'mafia = dopp = 3 people know their stuff and are with each other' and a common impression towards what's going on.
Actually, the real scumteam are mostly worried about aliens right now.
In particular, we think TBF might be setting himself up as a sporespreader, but he might have jumped the gun.

Is any of the above even metaphorically true?
Why would scum be able to form meaningful analysis from town kookclaims if town can't?
What is there to analyze?
That's a point for the scum-team! But a matter of protocol for any dopp-team :P
Now that 'we' bit, that's you claiming many stances to test answers or people reading; 'sup with that non-singular/plural distinguished "we" you're mentioning there in that sentence?

Also any of the 'bove even metaphorically true would be to context; all these leading questions seem either you getting a response for checking others' thinking, or you finding your way out here because I assume newness to context of players.
And scum would because 'meaningful' analysis even includes pursuing wincon--dopps have "> town", that includes getting rid of players who they may think are dangerous--that usually includes those who balance analytics with context, rather than the woefully illusionary concept of analytical (but connected by abstraction rather than by context)

What there is to analyze is for futuristic thinking. What did you understand by my question?

Leafysnail
All of you Kooks. This is becoming kooky.
Are you all following up your claims with anything of substance?
What do you mean?
That was sans you as you followed it up :P
My thought was 'ok, they're claiming Kook, [I'll observe what's happening]', and the rest just threw it out without anything else. "I'm a Kook" and then questions were poised at them.

PFP

Ratty
TheDarkStar:
Shakerag: Who would you daykill right now if you could?
Most likely doll or RattyB.

Shakerag seems to eager to take charge. Maybe scum, maybe not. Just in case tho...
Ok...?
So based on eagerness, is there anything about this that has meaning for you?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2017, 07:00:19 pm »

Please, I don't want to lynch Doll yet, I'm not voting Doll.  We aren't pressed for time and while anti-town is bad it's not scum.  As for the PM.  What am I going to do, add a third claim to the list of claims by Doll with no proof to back them up, I see that as more scummy then keeping silent about it.

As for the Hector thing.  The argument I'm seeing is that people are complaining about him going after TBF for being lazy which doesn't strike me as a scum thing to do.  So if there's another argument that would be nice to see.

For all honesty I would prefer a TBF lynch over anyone else right now.  Doll can be ignored but TBF is being lazy when there is no need to be lazy, and when pressured they just posts more in the lazy fashion then improving the quality of their posts.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2017, 07:03:27 pm »

The Whiteboard
doll: Leafsnail, Shakerag
fillipk: webadict
hector13: Persus13
Leafsnail: doll
RattyB: fillipk
Shakerag: RattyB
TheBiggerFish: Deus Asmoth, hector13

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday (tomorrow)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2017, 07:08:42 pm »

Please, I don't want to lynch Doll yet, I'm not voting Doll.  We aren't pressed for time and while anti-town is bad it's not scum.  As for the PM.  What am I going to do, add a third claim to the list of claims by Doll with no proof to back them up, I see that as more scummy then keeping silent about it.

As for the Hector thing.  The argument I'm seeing is that people are complaining about him going after TBF for being lazy which doesn't strike me as a scum thing to do.  So if there's another argument that would be nice to see.

For all honesty I would prefer a TBF lynch over anyone else right now.  Doll can be ignored but TBF is being lazy when there is no need to be lazy, and when pressured they just posts more in the lazy fashion then improving the quality of their posts.
I don't buy this reasoning. How are you NOT reasonably suspicious of doll at this point? If he's doing exactly what you're claiming he's doing -- buddying, lying, and misleading -- then you should be going after him (and me by extension.)

I'm not gonna say this is weak because that would be understating it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2017, 07:51:45 pm »

I love this game.

TheBiggerFish:
TheBiggerFish:
@Shakerag:You asked me how RVS was going.
My post history says otherwise.
Well what did I miss?  Or did I confuse something aimed at TDS as aimed at me?  Or what?
I was the one who asked you how RVS was going. I had no idea you had answered me until this fiasco.

So obvious followup questions: What about it seems poor to you, and what are you going to do about it?

Kook Exterminator Operative Survivor Hivemind Collector Brony Dopplekin:
IronyOwl
Do you think it's worth using NQT's formula's, when he's not here to try and interpret them?
It's not a complex formula, somebody just added up that statistically scum almost never D1 kookclaim while town kooks often do. Leafsnail is exactly the kind of player I'd expect to take advantage of that, but otherwise the numbers seem to be on his/hector's side.

Tiruin:
your nice quip that had me make a tiny comic
This is adorable.

I missed yooouuuuu and the humor
This too <3

I do not random shoot despite my real wish to even have a killykill role [yes I'm claiming that I do not have a killykill role :v]
But why would you claim that?

Shakerag:
IronyOwl: Would you/have you policy lynched on D1?
Ruthlessly and remorselessly.

Well, a little remorsefully. Policy lynches, like any dogmatic ritual, are prone to hitting targets that annoy you rather than genuine threats. That said, their loss is seldom a great tragedy otherwise.

fillipk:
Your first question is asinine. What has anyone done this game? We're still in RVS.
But some people have done enough to vote them over, or question their voting over, right? Or do you think everyone's still an equally bland, viable lynch target?

RattyB:
TheDarkStar:
Shakerag: Who would you daykill right now if you could?
Most likely doll or RattyB.

Shakerag seems to eager to take charge. Maybe scum, maybe not. Just in case tho...
If all you have for today is a lazy flop onto an RVS target from somebody else, you should probably start scumhunting. This is a dead-end, zero-information vote that does nothing.

What do you think the most intriguing thing anybody's said all game is, and why aren't you questioning them over it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2017, 07:59:38 pm »

@IronyOwl:...Huh.  I could have sworn it was Shakerag.

Mostly, that real life inactivity got labeled as scummy lurking, and that I am (or was at the time, at least) basically being scumhunted on mostly false pretenes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2017, 08:31:51 pm »

Logically I should appear anti-town to you, which it appears I do.
Why are you so quick to push on anti-town players when what we actually want to lynch is scum (and third parties)?
Because in the absence of a strong read I'd rather risk hitting an unhelpful townie than a good one. It also discourages other players from playing badly in the long term, both in this game and others.
That's like saying RVS is not big and not clever.
RVS doesn't involve lying and being an idiot.
Is there an actual problem with the alien survivor claim?
I don't see why it shouldn't work.
Well if it's true then you should be lynched. Is it true?
Why are you so concerned about trying to push out information so cleanly (to the point of adding kook as a note to the conversation even though it's obvious since we're both kooks)?
Since you're shitting nonsense claims everywhere (Survivor and Exterminator are mutually exclusive with each other and kook) it's impossible to tell whether you're being serious or not with your kook claim. Knowing whether each player is claiming kook or not is beneficial to the town because it means any Agents can aim away from them. It also gives the mafia no relevant role information because the "kook" modifier can be applied to any town role. So why are you muddying the waters on this issue? I have two explanations.
1. You are mafia or some third party, and you are trying to undermine kook claims in order to make any town Agents weaker and give yourself an out if you're investigated later.
2. You are stirring shit for no reason at all, without considering whether it's beneficial to your win condition. I have no problem lynching someone like this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2017, 08:35:30 pm »

@IronyOwl:...Huh.  I could have sworn it was Shakerag.

Mostly, that real life inactivity got labeled as scummy lurking, and that I am (or was at the time, at least) basically being scumhunted on mostly false pretenes.

So when you say "I'm not going to look for questions directed at me" and "I'm not going to quote questions I'm answering 'cause it's so hard" people are making shit up when they say your play thus far has been anti-town?

Do you honestly not see why I have a problem with that?

fillipk:
Your first question is asinine. What has anyone done this game? We're still in RVS.
But some people have done enough to vote them over, or question their voting over, right? Or do you think everyone's still an equally bland, viable lynch target?

Look what hector did, cut down a quote from his phone, taking all of 2 minutes.

OMG exhausted. /s

Not sure how you mixed up the quotes though, IronyOwl (livin' up to your name, eh?) but that was me what said that which you... whatever the word is, to fillipk. Begins with an A.

Also not sure how you came to the conclusion that was the intention I wanted to convey, though. I have said I don't think doll is scum, and TBF is indulging in enough anti-town behaviour for me to be feel alright voting for him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2017, 08:40:43 pm »

When I said that, I thought there was vastly more backlog than there was.

Excuse me?  Those aren't even the things people were trying to scumhunt me on.  But, yeah, hector, 2 minutes is a long time on the Internet.  And again, it's really fiddly.  So while I can do it, I don't want to.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2017, 08:42:15 pm »

... what were people trying to scumhunt you on?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2017, 08:43:05 pm »

Activelurking and "not having asked any questions."
Sigtext

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2017, 08:46:24 pm »

Interesting you should say that.  doll PMd me asking me to fakeclaim something in the thread.  Given that you have made your position on lying townies very clear leading up to this game...  I think you can see where I'm going with this.  A stretch?  Maybe.  But not impossible.
Where are you going with this?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2017, 08:49:09 pm »

I think Shakerag thinks doll was trying to set him up?  Uncertain.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2017, 09:02:32 pm »

On the topic of doll, their pm to me was actually participated in by Webadict with an utterly nonsensical claim within the context of this game.  The only scenario in which it would make sense is if they were scum and the last scum was an Advanced Dopp and they were threatening to Advance Dopp me, but somehow I doubt they'd be that brazen.

Tiruin: I'm going to play the game, obviously.  That's what I signed up to do, no?

Whoever asked me the question about RVS: hell if I know or care, that's up to each individual person to decide what questions they think are bad.  I personally find the whole stage an ugly necessity: it's dumb, it's cringeworthy, but the game has to start off somehow and this is the best way to do it.

People using inactivity as a reason to accuse/prod people: Question for you: I was completely inactive for the first 24 hours of the game, got online to post two posts that were almost exclusively responding to people's questions (and one current affairs comment where I said I got a bad vibe from something), then disappeared up until this post (I was actually checking in every couple hours at work but work wifi is stupid and eats any posts I try to make here, so I had to post when I returned home). If you're going to make accusations in RVS about inactivity/active lurking, why did my name never come up?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57