Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79369 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2017, 07:28:11 am »

I bet they're not even a Kook.
I'm honestly shocked that you feel that this merits mention.
Lots of things deserve mentions. I'm just trying to feel how deep the rabbit hole goes. Also, you did ask me if you were a Kook. I felt obligated to respond.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2017, 07:36:14 am »

Lots of things deserve mentions. I'm just trying to feel how deep the rabbit hole goes. Also, you did ask me if you were a Kook. I felt obligated to respond.
I had forgotten I had asked you that to be honest.
It was just a callback to:
Excellent, Kook WIFOM ahoy.

Which is to say, the reason I inspect as guilty is because I'm a hivemind using a holoform to appear as as doppleganger.
I'll convert tiruin tonight.
I'm pretty sure web would side with me for the win if we were in a position to force it with a convert in the night, not to mention any other players I could convince to betray town at a later date from this point.

Unfortunately as fun as it is I can't spin my own dreams into someone else's future just yet (or rather I won't) so we'll proceed isometrically, the orthogonal approach yielding shallow and rare fruit as it is.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2017, 07:53:18 am »

I had forgotten I had asked you that to be honest.
It was just a callback to:
Excellent, Kook WIFOM ahoy.

Which is to say, the reason I inspect as guilty is because I'm a hivemind using a holoform to appear as as doppleganger.
I'll convert tiruin tonight.
I'm pretty sure web would side with me for the win if we were in a position to force it with a convert in the night, not to mention any other players I could convince to betray town at a later date from this point.

Unfortunately as fun as it is I can't spin my own dreams into someone else's future just yet (or rather I won't) so we'll proceed isometrically, the orthogonal approach yielding shallow and rare fruit as it is.
That sounds like me. The goal is to win, so I would take the opportunity. No offense everyone else, but I play to win.

Sooo, let's vote doll to get this started.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2017, 08:24:24 am »

You know Wuba, you never actually answered my question.
This tells me that you're either town or a good player.

Not really a helpful observation I guess.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2017, 08:45:20 am »

So basically, I could be any alignment? I hate to be so unhelpful.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2017, 09:00:43 am »

Of course this starts when I'm busy or asleep! :P Hmphhhhh.

doll

...Either 'town'? That's some conceptual construct I'm curious about. How's your degree of judging people work like that?
Webbyweb is a good player dough :3

I am a kook.

I am a Kook. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on whether it is correct to claim this immediately (I believe it is).
No you're wrong, you've outed yourself as scum, Leafsnail.
Err, there can be more than one Kook in play, if both of you are really Kooks. o_O

Tiruin
I've asked your question in a PM.
No you didn't! D: I don't have a PM from you! (Also if I would, hello and welcome to Bay12! It's nice to see you and have a PM from you as a start!) [And on anyone curious, I don't usually do PMs until when stuff are established; stuff pertains to ideas about the game and all, currently I'm in the not-yet-established-portion]

Wuba
That sounds like me. The goal is to win, so I would take the opportunity. No offense everyone else, but I play to win.
Would you aim to offend your own team that way too?

Leafysnail
I am a Kook. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on whether it is correct to claim this immediately (I believe it is).
I forward the notion--unlike the [What do you call the similar vanilla role again .-.;], this game has variables towards identification and deeper insight rather than just alignment...as far as my tired memory goes.
That said, it's also towards the basics of wincon--one is not going against their wincon but forwarding information with the follow-up being important.

Shakeyrag
I like how the official government response to Doppelganger threat is "fix this shit yourselves". 

webadict:  Do you anticipate that you'll be the target of at least half of the N1 night actions this game?
doll: Were you able to get into your quickchat successfully?
hector13: What do you think the odds are of doll or RattyB being the D1 lynch are?
TheBiggerFish:  What question do you really hate being asked in the RVS?
Do you always ask following questions similar to the above to newbies?

fillipk
Tiruin: your in the same situation but instead of webadict its TBF, same question.
You need to use commas more. :P
Webadict: I thought you were changing your profile to a ram?  Also lets say it came down to me, Leafsnail, you (By some insane turn of events) and Tiruin in a LYLO who would you vote for and why?
Well I'm still sticking with my explorer-on-a-vague-ship-airship profile, so nope, no aminals yet. :P
Also copied verbatim, I've no idea where replacing 'webadict with TBF' here is. Maybe I'll replace my name instead.
Also lets say it came down to me, Leafsnail, you (By some insane turn of events) and TBF in a LYLO who would you vote for and why?
It'll be due to context. In the insane turn of events that I have sudden amnesia but recall base motor movements, how to access this forum, all ideas towards everything in my life, and just the lack of context that this question is built on, I'd vote based on manageable context. If I didn't care I'd vote TBF because he's a big fishie. Because I require context to place my vote. :P

Quote from: But if you mean this question
TBF: You have a Morning Kill, who would you kil in that situation?
Based on context. I do not random shoot despite my real wish to even have a killykill role [yes I'm claiming that I do not have a killykill role :v]
I don't act until the ends of the game because I'm like one of the players that people ALL KEEP ON THEIR MINDS (*ahem*, like your nice quip that had me make a tiny comic :P) - but somehow I don't usually die at N1 :V

So yeah. In 'that situation' of LYLO, I'd go with context. Because who I'd kill is pretty much irrelevant and you just want me typing more words unless there's something tied to the choices of the people OTHER than me/whomever replaces my position.

IronOwl
Tiruin: Are you more concerned about players you know are strong, or players you aren't familiar with this game?
I'm pretty much giddy that I'm able to play with folks I've known for years, and new folks who are pretty brimming with :Dness and Mafiashes. Meaning: I'm concerned about everyone \o/ but I'm actually more concerned towards how people play than my familiarity (despite me being giddy at being able to play with folks, like You or Others. It's a feel of playing with friends .-.;)

Primarily because no matter my familiarity, I know that the people I do play with are really competent in their own rights, and that leads to a lack of basis of metaknowledge and more on applied knowledge.
where am i

what year is it

how i the mafias
I missed yooouuuuu and the humor

TDS
TDS: If you were a dopp and could pick your teammates, who would your teammates be?

Tiruin because she's really hard to read and Leafsnail because I remember him being good at scum.
And yet you question other people BUT me in this post :P Sure buddy. See: TiruinComic for humor.
But if you WERE to kill someone after today and due to context have lacking info about what happened in the day (say: Having a splendid day but without internet and when you get back online the day ended and you have to act now because oh-dear-night-is-almost-up), what would you do?

DA
Tiruin: Assume you're an Exterminator. Do you try to kill off the town first or the doppelgangers?
The most assertive first :P or 'people who I may feel via [probably their play] who may have ulterior motives or actions at night' since I cannot generalize people into town or dopps in the early game.
But goodness would I love to be the Exterminator one day. I SO LOVE to be able to pick stuff and then play with them. :I

You getting tips from me? :P And why is the question about town or dopps when it's uncertain?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2017, 09:51:20 am »

Everyone:I probably missed all your questions for me, can you ask them again?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2017, 10:09:26 am »

The Whiteboard
doll: webadict
Leafsnail: doll
RattyB: fillipk

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2017, 10:33:01 am »

doll:
No you're wrong, you've outed yourself as scum, Leafsnail.
I'd love to hear your reasoning as to why Leafsnail is scum.

doll: Were you able to get into your quickchat successfully?
Yes.
Why didn't you just PM me if you weren't sure?
Glad to hear it.

Shakerag
You seem to be taking the sensible position of preferring no-info kills to take place on unknown players.
If nobody slips, would you prefer a doll/RattyB lynch?
Do you expect this to happen?
If nobody slips, then I would prefer a doll/RattyB lynch, yeah.  I think I've yet to see any game in which no one slips in some way on D1 though.  You're obviously chattier than RattyB, so odds are better that you'll say something that ruffles enough feathers. 

By the way what did you mean by quickchat, I know pms are allowed, does that just extend to those too?
I think it's pretty obvious what he meant by quickchat.
Is it?  I'm getting a little slow in my old age.  Maybe you can elaborate to make sure we're on the same page.

fillipk:
Shakerag

fillipk:  What scumtell do you tend to pick up on the most?
I don't know.  I struggle with picking up non-obvious scumtells so I really couldn't say what which one I pick up the most.
So to anyone reading this why how did you end up reading this text?
How about you?
Well, on one hand, if I tell you that information, then scum players might start making sure to avoid certain behaviours. 
Clearly it was a bit obvious when I quoted you.
But, in truth, I've forgotten more games than I remember, so I can't even say right now what scumtell I've seen the most.  So I'll just go with the cheeky answer of: they inspect as mafia.

webadict:
No offense everyone else, but I play to win.
None taken, naturally.  What's your analysis/opinion on the current state of the RVS (in a general/meta sense)? 

Tiruin:
Of course this starts when I'm busy or asleep! :P Hmphhhhh.
That's what you get for living on the wrong side of the planet, hon.  I kid, I kid ;)

Shakeyrag
Do you always ask following questions similar to the above to newbies?
FTFY. 
Well, yeah.  I mean, might as well check for any low-hanging fruit first when you're going fruit pickin'. 

TheBiggerFish:
Everyone:I probably missed all your questions for me, can you ask them again?
Huh.  Funny, all of the posts in this thread still seem to be around to me.  Does it look like posts from this thread are being deleted to you?  Can you see any posts from any other players?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2017, 10:38:48 am »

@Shakerag:
More like 'I'm not going to go through the effort of tracking down all the questions people asked me in a vast morass of longposts'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2017, 10:55:27 am »

@Shakerag:
More like 'I'm not going to go through the effort of tracking down all the questions people asked me in a vast morass of longposts'.
It's 2 pages, 30 posts at least, most of which are not 'longposts' which some of us (eg Me) have only as much time to cover. You're using your phone in most of your posts though, and some of those posts may be short sentences too :P

But that's very curious. "I'm not going to go through the effort". It's like the only thing in those posts are 'questions addressed' rather than content otherwise.

Was that your first impression at this time? Merely questions?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2017, 11:04:54 am »

I'm Spartacus a kook.

Doesn't Meph know that too many kooks spoils the broth..?

Shakes

hector13: What do you think the odds are of doll or RattyB being the D1 lynch are?

1 in 14, each. /pedant

doll is firing out claims left and right, and I don't doubt that one of them is what they actually are. Probably won't get lynched D1, probably not scum. We'll see how that goes,

RattyB strikes me as new, and B12 is generally quite lenient toward newer players, so also probably not a D1 lynch. They also haven't said much, and B12 generally doesn't policy lynch, 'specially not on D1.

TDS

doll: How would you win as a neutral/town-aligned third party?
hector13: How would you win as an evil third party?
Deus Asmoth: How would you find doppelgangers as town?
4maskwolf: Assuming you had an investigative ability, how would you decide who to target?
Shakerag: Who would you daykill right now if you could?
TBF: What strategy would you use if you were a doppelganger?
Leafsnail: If you were an advanced doppelganger, when and why would you choose to convert/consume someone?
webadict: If you were a vigilante, when would you kill and why?

I hate questions like these.

*sigh*

What do you think these types of questions add to the game, content-wise?

hector13: How would you win as an evil third party?

Kill everyone..?

doll

hector13
You were active and got quickly townread in our previous game.
Will you be similarly active in this game?

No, I've got RL things to prepare for over the next week or so.

TBF

@Shakerag:

There is a search function for the forums. "TBF", "Fish", and "TheBiggerFish" are likely to yield results for this topic.

Also, ctrl+F, with the same criteria.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2017, 11:12:25 am »

Pfp.

@Tiruin: I wouldn't try to, but I gotta try to win, but if I'm converted, there's not much I can do about it. I look out for my team, though.

@Shakerag: Ooooh, you know... Just hanging out. Being all sorts of investigative.

@hector13: Where's the reads? Also, because I think you're fishy, what would you offer me to claim my role?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2017, 11:36:34 am »

I'm Spartacus a kook.
Fun thing. Many people claiming has the real scumteam, if one is in the position of their shoes, to be able to analyze stuff themselves while the non-dopp team flails about.
In my 'this time is midnight and I am tired and why am I posting' mindset, it's picturing people at the start of a game--same idea of 'mafia = dopp = 3 people know their stuff and are with each other' and a common impression towards what's going on.

All of you Kooks. This is becoming kooky.
Are you all following up your claims with anything of substance?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2017, 11:41:11 am »

I'm Spartacus a kook.
Fun thing. Many people claiming has the real scumteam, if one is in the position of their shoes, to be able to analyze stuff themselves while the non-dopp team flails about.
In my 'this time is midnight and I am tired and why am I posting' mindset, it's picturing people at the start of a game--same idea of 'mafia = dopp = 3 people know their stuff and are with each other' and a common impression towards what's going on.

All of you Kooks. This is becoming kooky.
Are you all following up your claims with anything of substance?
Doll is not a Kook. Those other two, perhaps.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57