Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 79318 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - Day 1 - Horror comes with the tides
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2017, 01:18:31 pm »

I like how the official government response to Doppelganger threat is "fix this shit yourselves". 

webadict:  Do you anticipate that you'll be the target of at least half of the N1 night actions this game?
doll: Were you able to get into your quickchat successfully?
hector13: What do you think the odds are of doll or RattyB being the D1 lynch are?
TheBiggerFish:  What question do you really hate being asked in the RVS?
Eh... maybe. I wouldn't do it if I weren't me. I mean, I also can't do it as me, but I wouldn't do it as anyone else either. I barely play this game anymore.

Target me, don't target me. Whatever. I'll either be confirmed tomorrow or dead. Not exclusive.

I'll do stuff after work.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2017, 01:27:48 pm »

Meph: How many pods were there?

Sorry, there were three pods. I'll update the flavor to reflect it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2017, 02:28:37 pm »

I am a Kook. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on whether it is correct to claim this immediately (I believe it is).
Leafsnail: Do you have a favorite Paranormal role? How about a favorite Paranormal game?
I really like the Exterminator. You get a hard task but a lot of choice in how you play the game, and the flavour is generally awesome.

My favourite game was Paranormal 16, it was pretty nuts. I got converted at a very weird time and the Exterminator was also playing a strong game.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2017, 02:35:42 pm »

I am a Kook. I would like to hear everyone's opinions on whether it is correct to claim this immediately (I believe it is).
Leafsnail: Do you have a favorite Paranormal role? How about a favorite Paranormal game?
I really like the Exterminator. You get a hard task but a lot of choice in how you play the game, and the flavour is generally awesome.

My favourite game was Paranormal 16, it was pretty nuts. I got converted at a very weird time and the Exterminator was also playing a strong game.
My opinion is if you don't claim now, you can't use it as an excuse later. Always has been, always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2017, 02:50:35 pm »

webadict:Why would you be confirmed tomorrow?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2017, 02:59:20 pm »

webadict:Why would you be confirmed tomorrow?
Because everyone would target me. You can pretty much verify everything of mine by doing so.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2017, 03:09:48 pm »

I agree with the kook claim, doesn't change if I'll think your scum based on how you play but it saves agents from wasting a night action on you.

Doll: Considering there are 14 people in the game and 3 dopps, how many third parties do you think are in the game and which ones do you think they are?
Webadict: I thought you were changing your profile to a ram?  Also lets say it came down to me, Leafsnail, you (By some insane turn of events) and Tiruin in a LYLO who would you vote for and why?
Tiruin: your in the same situation but instead of webadict its TBF, same question.
TBF: You have a Morning Kill, who would you kil in that situation?
RattyB and IronyOwl: Lets say you were and exterminator and exterminator op, which role would you prefer?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2017, 03:25:42 pm »

Webadict: I thought you were changing your profile to a ram?  Also lets say it came down to me, Leafsnail, you (By some insane turn of events) and Tiruin in a LYLO who would you vote for and why?
Was away from home over weekend. Never finished project.

Honestly can't make a deduction based on that information. Do I have reason to suspect NLing would lose the game? Because a lynch at 4 players seems dumb at this point. Do I not have any flips to help me with? Can I use any role powers? Can anyone else?

Now, if I had reason to suspect LYLO at 4p, I would lynch Leafsnail, based on the current (lack of) information. He's crafty like that. He is typically scum if he's alive that long, since he's a fairly competent player.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2017, 03:48:23 pm »

Yeah, I would need far more information to answer that question.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2017, 04:28:15 pm »

Generally speaking I think that's the best way to play it.  Unless you're a War Vet Kook.  Trying to claim Kook after being inspected is just asking for trouble.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2017, 04:33:32 pm »

where am i

what year is it

how i the mafias

I like how the official government response to Doppelganger threat is "fix this shit yourselves". 
Clearly the Government is active-lurking and needs to be lynched.
To be fair, government agents would probably be even worse at differentiating normal hicks from ravening hick-shells than we are.

Leafsnail:
Yes. Especially if that math from forever ago showing it's a strong towntell still holds.

Speaking of which, do you think you'd claim Kook if you were a dopp? Did you plan to do so prior to receiving your role?

fillipk:
RattyB and IronyOwl: Lets say you were and exterminator and exterminator op, which role would you prefer?
Dunno, they're pretty much the same if they can swap tech at will. Operative has a slight edge in showing up as a potentially town role, but that still throws suspicion and requires the Agent be dead or known to you.

I don't think I'd have a strong preference.

TheBiggerFish: How's RVS going?
Deus Asmoth: Would you rather be a vigilante or a vengeful guard?
Tiruin: Are you more concerned about players you know are strong, or players you aren't familiar with this game?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2017, 04:40:03 pm »

That math was mine and I still stand by it being a strong Towntell.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2017, 04:49:44 pm »

I'm sorry, about the 4 person LYLO I meant MLYO
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2017, 05:03:12 pm »

TDS: If you were a dopp and could pick your teammates, who would your teammates be?

Tiruin because she's really hard to read and Leafsnail because I remember him being good at scum.

doll: How would you win as a neutral/town-aligned third party?
hector13: How would you win as an evil third party?
Deus Asmoth: How would you find doppelgangers as town?
4maskwolf: Assuming you had an investigative ability, how would you decide who to target?
Shakerag: Who would you daykill right now if you could?
TBF: What strategy would you use if you were a doppelganger?
Leafsnail: If you were an advanced doppelganger, when and why would you choose to convert/consume someone?
webadict: If you were a vigilante, when would you kill and why?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2017, 05:07:40 pm »

webadict: If you were a vigilante, when would you kill and why?
Immediately, since there's little reason not to. I would kill the useless; the lurking; the crazy. The goal is to gain information, and you can gain an entirely foolproof confirmation on someone by doing that. Downside is they die. Buuuut, maybe they should've thought about that before being lazy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57