Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 151

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 5: At the Gates of Victory  (Read 101160 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars IC Thread Chapter 4: Family Reunion
« Reply #1575 on: January 06, 2018, 10:49:04 am »

"Master Sybil!"

Sea pushed past Eric and the others, making her way over to Sybil, smiling up at her.

"You're ok! Oh, I'm so glad. They were... They were saying a lot of things about you. But they wouldn't say... I was afraid they'd done something to you."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 06, 2018, 10:55:47 am »

"Family isn't entitled to your love, respect, or time. I'm not going to assume she's going to stick with these people just because they're related."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 06, 2018, 11:28:49 am »

"I've always said family is who you decide it is."

"Hmm. I wonder what the ol' family is up to, speaking of."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 06, 2018, 12:26:48 pm »

"If you guys are heading out soon, this might be a good moment to double check on the payment. Is she really paying each one of you that absurd amount of gold? I can't think of many people willing to pay that much,  unless she dropped some very specific task."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 09, 2018, 09:36:15 pm »

Victor sat back in his chair, defeated in a sense.

"I'm not sure what you want from me. I'm not sure if there's anything I could do for you. It's far too late to be a father, far too late rectify my mistake. I'm sure you have no intention of claiming your inheritance, now more than ever. If you just want to yell at me, degrade me, the least I can do now is bear the brunt of your anger."

Victoria remained silent, unable to sort out her thoughts.

Wynne was quiet for a bit too, trying to get her thoughts in order.

"...I'm gonna be honest with ya, I never expected I'd get ta meet ya. I figure you probably didn't mean for it ta happen either. I've been all raring ta go since I was kid, figurin' how I'd tear ya a new one, but... I didn't expect ya to be sorry about things. Would probably be easier ta yell if ya weren't."

"I'm not about to spout bull about how I forgive ya just for bein' sorry. That ain't how things work, far as I know. I don't forgive ya for it and I'm pretty sure I ain't gonna any time soon, if I ever do."

Wynne took a deep breath.

"...I don't know that ya ever will, or that yer gonna listen ta me on this after I go, but visit her sometime. Shouldn't have trouble findin' the grave, if ya remember her name and the village. Ma would'a liked that. Maybe do that much for 'er." She was quiet, her mind elsewhere for the moment. It would force him to think more about it, but... well, it was something she could do for her mother.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:37:46 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1580 on: January 09, 2018, 09:51:27 pm »

". . ."

Everyone seemed to be distracted by Sybil's appearance, so Ava figured she'd take a quick opportunity. She slunk backward towards a door further into the manor; there had to be something she could make off, right? She wasn't sure if she was onboard with a war if that's what Sybil was going for, so she figured it was probably worth securing something else. .  .

Ava creeps off to go loot the rest of the place.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 09, 2018, 11:33:17 pm »

: "..."
Lian's eyes, initially fixed on Sybil in a gaze of surprise as she made her entrance, drifted off slowly as her brow began to furrow in visible frustration. She took a single step to ensure Eric was placed between her and the remaining guard, blocking their vision as she tightened her grip on the arrow nocked in her longbow. Catching a glimpse of a figure trying to slip away, her eyes quickly snapped to the side; Yet she made no further move to interrupt them save for further creasing of her brow.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 10, 2018, 01:13:09 am »

Drest noticed Lian's actions and nodded to her as a way of saying 'that's just how things are'. He also spoke up once more to provide an extra distraction for Ava's disappearance.

"Lady Sybil, we are still waiting on Wynne and her sister. They are talking to their father at the moment."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 10, 2018, 02:09:51 am »

"Well, as it turns out, Wynne is a bastard and was hoping to talk her old man down. She was hoping to get things settled without us having to kill everyone. Now, what would you ask of us at this time?"

"Ah." Was Sybil's only reaction to that bit of unexpected news. This could work out much more favorably then. "I only need one thing of you at the moment. Accompany me to Lord Frealde's room. You are to be my protection if he should try something foolish."

Drest noticed Lian's actions and nodded to her as a way of saying 'that's just how things are'. He also spoke up once more to provide an extra distraction for Ava's disappearance.

"Lady Sybil, we are still waiting on Wynne and her sister. They are talking to their father at the moment."

"That is fine, we are heading to meet with him ourselves. I'm sure they've had plenty of time to catch up."

If Sybil noticed Ava leave, she made no indication of caring at the moment.

"If you guys are heading out soon, this might be a good moment to double check on the payment. Is she really paying each one of you that absurd amount of gold? I can't think of many people willing to pay that much, unless she dropped some very specific task."

"If you mean to inquire that I am paying my mercenaries 10,000 gold each, then I will inform you that is the correct sum. You are free to join if you'd like, the same applies for all your 'friends'.

"Master Sybil!"

Sea pushed past Eric and the others, making her way over to Sybil, smiling up at her.

"You're ok! Oh, I'm so glad. They were... They were saying a lot of things about you. But they wouldn't say... I was afraid they'd done something to you."

Sybil smiled at Seaiga and patted her pupil's head. This was, as far as the group was concerned, her first show of positive emotion since her relocation began.

"I'm fine Seaiga. Even these fools know better than to test me."

"Now let us pay the 'lord' of this manor a visit. Unless... they would like to stop us?"

Sybil made a show of making eye contact with Gage, who had been silent since her arrival. While his sword was still firmly clutched within his grip he made no move to bar Sybil's path.

"A wise choice. I despise waste."

"I did not think you would forgive me. As you said, it requires much more than my own repentance. All I can ask is that you think on it."

Victor closed his eyes, as if to reminiscence.

"Yes. The least I can do is do that. I'm sure it will cause me no end of criticism, but with the state of the country at the moment it matters little. I promise you I will visit her."

"Father I... don't think I can forgive you either. At least not now. I need some time to myself, away from this manor, away from you, to sort out my thoughts. I expect my sister will be accompanying Lady Hallewell, I intend to join her. At least until I can sort out my feelings."

"Normally I would demand you stay, detain you if I must. But even I have realized how that will turn out. Perhaps you will even survive the coming war." He suddenly sat straight up in his chair and stared straight ahead. There in the doorway stood Sybil and her entourage of mercenaries.

"Lord Frealde," Sybil spat those words "I'm sure you know why I've come; and why I offered so little resistance."

"Indeed. I can at least admire your sense of frugality."

"Then let us not waste any time. You are dead."

"If you mean to kill me then I will not just idly standby." Victor drew his sword. "I will oppose you to my last breath."

Sybil glared at him.

"That is not what I had in mind. I care not if you die here today, I have no reservations about killing a father in front of his children," she looked to Victoria and Wynne, "if he means to needlessly throw his life away."

"You can either cast aside your sword and die in name alone; at least until I have accomplished what I intend to do. Or you can die in body as well as name; it makes no difference to me aside from some trivial waste of energy. The choice is yours; choose wisely."

Victor stalled. Had both his daughters not just all but disowned him he would have no reason to stand down. Now, however, he lacked someone willing to pick up his torch should he die. Had Wynne not appeared, Victoria would surely have done so; however, now it was unclear if she would even return after leaving with her sister. His death would be pointless, at least for his own purposes. What's more he would not be able to visit Sarah like he had just promised Wynne if he was dead. He dropped his sword and kicked it towards Sybil.

"Fine. From this day on Victor Frealde is dead." As if the emphasize this, Victor stepped down from his chair.

"I'm glad you can see reason. It'd be a waste to make enemies of your daughters over something so trivial as pride. I take it you have no issue with supplying us?" Victor simply shook his head. In a symbol of her victory Sybil placed herself in Victor's chair. From there she addressed her mercenaries.

"We will be taking a rest here while we wait for Cullen to make it here. Gather supplies and do whatever you need to do. I will be here if you need to speak with me."

~Map Complete~

Party gets Light Brand.
Party gets a Heavy Blade.
Party gets an Iron Crossbow.
Party gets a Steel Longbow.
Party gets 101 EXP! Double level up!

Meanwhile, Ava was off on her own little adventure. The guards in the offshoot halls had all run for the source of the explosion earlier and there were none to stop her looting rampage. Though with one chest given so much security one had to wonder just what could be in it. As Ava opened the chest instead of great treasure she instead found a note.

"To whoever owned this treasure know that it now belongs to someone more in need." -BR

Etched on the note was presumably a picture of the culprit, as well a black raven similar to the one on the worm tome Ava had recovered.

However, as Ava was inspecting the note the guard had returned to his post and spotted her. Although he was clad head-to-toe in armor it was obvious he was none too pleased to have discovered her. Without a word of warning his reached for his spear but was stopped by a wall of lightning crashing into him, sending him into the wall completely charred. The one responsible rounded the corner and gave Ava a look of annoyance.

"You know, normally I'm the one who has to be found for something like this to happen. But the big guys upstairs, or at least one of them, would get mad if I didn't do something because, quite frankly, he didn't expect this. So here, take this stupid thing and get going."

Ava gets Reignleif.
Ava gets a lead!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:03:20 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 10, 2018, 02:39:20 am »

Brant doubted he was going to get hired again near that area with a powerful witch on the loose, so he might as well take the most beneficial option. As fishy as the offer sounded, the promise of 10.000 gold was better than no offers at all.
"...For each? Well then, count me in."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:45:29 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1585 on: January 10, 2018, 03:12:33 am »

"Huh? Oh, uh, sure."
"Thanks, I guess."

Alisa. . .

Ava made her way back through the same way she arrived in the firstplace, part of her mind occupied with how she could manage to subtly walk out with a spear and most of it thinking of family. She sidled up and rejoined the ranks of her companions silently.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:36:25 am by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 10, 2018, 06:43:42 am »

Caius eyes Ava’s newest acquisition and raises his eyebrows (only slightly).

”Do I want to know where you got that thing?”
Black lives matter.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 10, 2018, 10:41:56 am »

Brant reached over to test the weight of that heavy blade, swinging it from side to side before resting the blade over his shoulder. It certainly looked awfully close to the sword he saw on the hands of his previous boss, and that thought only amused him.
"They are pretty much handing us out their weapons now, so I don't think anything we do here can be classified as 'stealing' anymore. Name's Brant, by the way."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 10, 2018, 10:54:14 am »

Dale leaned on the wall and crossed his arms, already mostly comfortable.

"Looks like we knocked one pawn down without even killing anyone. Ain't that something?"

He chuckled quietly.

"These people were telling us you're trying to take over the country. Well, I just want to tell you, whether that's what you're doing or not, I'm not a welsher, know what I mean?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 10, 2018, 11:10:12 am »

"Oooh wait is that..."

She darted out and picked up the fancy sword from the ground, struggling slight from the weight.

"Oh it is! A magic sword! Hmm... Imbued with light magic I think. These gems in the hilt are the source of that power... Hmmm, interesting. Not the best job imbibing it ever but... Ah! Oops!"

She jumped back as the sword slipped from her grasp and flattered back down to the floor. She chuckled and glances around, hoping no one would make a big deal out of it.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 151