Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 41796 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (underway)
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2017, 02:51:01 am »

Well, the game does seem to be going at a decent clip now. Hope everyone has fun.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2017, 09:41:19 am »

Nothing quite like the thrill of your army routing but still managing to win the battle with your commander as the only remaining soldier on the field.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2017, 09:53:02 am »

Nothing quite like the thrill of your army routing but still managing to win the battle with your commander as the only remaining soldier on the field.

Must be nice.
I forgot about the new squad system. So I sent a second commander with a small squad to the battle where my main forces went as well.
The small squad was at the front most likely. 1 unit got killed and my army insta routed against barbarians. Ouch.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2017, 10:46:01 am »

The 5 provinces near me combined have less then like 18 000 population, but I'm having fun. I'm sure my scales will clean those remaining out quickly, too.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2017, 10:51:35 am »

I found a neighbor on turn 3, but I sent a flying scout specifically looking for one. The elbow room seems a lot more reasonable this time around.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2017, 01:12:33 pm »

I found one on turn 3, and my scouts don't fly, so I guess my corner is the small one.

kingkev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2017, 07:08:26 pm »

I only have 12,000 caveman in pop living around me dandy enough. Maybe I can collect enough cave drakes + or - riders to get some work done.
At least I won't kill my peasants with dominion.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2017, 01:39:56 pm »

Had 64 bandits show up at my capital's doorstep and try to claim ownership, which was quite a surprise. I would've thought that a capital's PD would stop events like that from triggering.

Fortunately, plate armor and shields are more than a match for short bows, and we defeated them handily. It's just as well that the bandits hadn't struck somewhere else though - a giant group like that could easily have killed a mage or even slaughtered an expansion group, not to mention giving me the headache of having to deal with recapturing a province.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2017, 01:48:53 pm »

Not so much the PD; it's the fact that it's early and your capital which stops most events of that sort from happening like that. It's odd that one that drastic slipped. Was it "An outlaw with delusional ideas of justice..."? You may wanna drop a bug report on the Steam forums to ask RandomEvents to take a look at that. That one shouldn't happen before turn 15, or ever in capitals, so if it did something is wrong...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2017, 06:34:11 pm »

It was "villains have tried to seize control of the province." It looks like I very nearly maxed out the unit rolls - 64 on 12d6.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2017, 07:02:38 pm »

It was "villains have tried to seize control of the province." It looks like I very nearly maxed out the unit rolls - 64 on 12d6.

I still say I'd rather have that then my 32 unrest event :P
Too bad PD do not get experience at the least.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2017, 11:58:57 am »

Oh, sure, it's easy to say that... since I won. If I'd lost, though? (Unlikely, given a capital's starting PD level... but possible if that PD happened to be especially vulnerable to arrows)  At the very least I'd have virtually no income for 1 turn (1/2 capital province, 0 from everything else) and wouldn't be able to recruit anything at my capital, assuming that I had a powerful enough army to immediately turn around and re-conquer the place. The further away the army was, the worse it gets.

And, of course, if I didn't have an army capable of defeating the bandits... well, that's game over right there.

Now, don't get me wrong. 32 unrest - especially early in the game - on your capital sucks. You've either got to waste a turn or two patrolling, or deal with lowered income for a number of turns (hope you picked order scales!)... but at the same time, it's not a possible end-of-game scenario.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2017, 12:36:22 pm »

Oh, sure, it's easy to say that... since I won. If I'd lost, though? (Unlikely, given a capital's starting PD level... but possible if that PD happened to be especially vulnerable to arrows)  At the very least I'd have virtually no income for 1 turn (1/2 capital province, 0 from everything else) and wouldn't be able to recruit anything at my capital, assuming that I had a powerful enough army to immediately turn around and re-conquer the place. The further away the army was, the worse it gets.

And, of course, if I didn't have an army capable of defeating the bandits... well, that's game over right there.

Now, don't get me wrong. 32 unrest - especially early in the game - on your capital sucks. You've either got to waste a turn or two patrolling, or deal with lowered income for a number of turns (hope you picked order scales!)... but at the same time, it's not a possible end-of-game scenario.

Yeah I was comparing apples and oranges.
I'm guessing probably everyone has met at the least one neighbor at this turn.
Diplomacy will probably start next turn.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2017, 03:10:43 pm »

Started like, 2-3 turns ago for me. We can to a happy agreement.

kingkev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2017, 06:39:46 pm »

Well dandy I met my first person this turn time to open a consulate or something.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36