Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (Done)  (Read 41800 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 26: Very Worstestest Things (underway)
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2017, 06:35:26 pm »

First time in like 3 rounds I had enemys in the Arena, how nice... that fight was silly btw, my guys passing out, countless smites failing against 15 MR, him getting a wound and barly getting away... close. Then the next starts and he just gets slaped down.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2017, 06:49:46 pm »

The "alternative defenses" versions of illithid soldiers
I'm a little more concerned about half of my commanders being good at entering The Void, but I don't actually have one available. Also they're amphibious but all (most) their equipment is iron. Government corruption?  :P
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

kingkev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2017, 09:58:47 pm »

The "alternative defenses" versions of illithid soldiers
I'm a little more concerned about half of my commanders being good at entering The Void, but I don't actually have one available. Also they're amphibious but all (most) their equipment is iron. Government corruption?  :P

Man that could be a problem.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2017, 11:32:21 pm »

Void gates on your capital sites are A LOT more common if your nation has troops with summoning skill, but they're not guaranteed. OTOH, you're not paying anything for it, so if you happen to find the Strange House in the Mist, it's a bonus.

The iron bit is because illithids fall in the 1/3 of races that use default race themes instead of custom ones, and your nation rolled an advanced tech level theme, which means lots and lots of iron instead of "more primitive" non-ferrous gear. That makes sense for most races, at least purely terrestrial ones, but it has some, ah, unintended consequences that you're feeling right now... ><

Apropos nothing whatsoever, I probably should not feel so pleased with myself for the abominations to be found in the next NationGen patch, but I just can't help it. Behold the fruits of my having randomly happened upon a Wikipedia article on insular dwarfism in extinct pachyderms:

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:54:06 am by E. Albright »

kingkev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2017, 03:01:25 am »

I need those elephants in my game now, please tell me they have tiny trample.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2017, 03:17:16 am »

Can you just make a Version where Cavunits are rideables, including previously generated, i.e. a longdead on a giant on a nightmare with a hobburg as a head...

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2017, 06:43:06 am »

Btw, my nation has two exactly the same units with no difference in stats, weapons, amor or whatsoever. I have seen it from the first moment but forgot to mention it

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2017, 10:17:33 am »

Without looking: nope, they totally have sprites with minute differences in the shade of their hats or cloaks or somesuch.

It's a known issue with how NG generates unit variants, but it hasn't been dealt with.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2017, 10:51:24 am »

Without looking: nope, they totally have sprites with minute differences in the shade of their hats or cloaks or somesuch.

It's a known issue with how NG generates unit variants, but it hasn't been dealt with.
If the program at least guaranteed that the differences would be fairly striking, it could make for some interesting RP possibilities, at least.

"There has always been a competition between the Blue Feather Swordsmen and the Red Feather Swordsmen, trying to see who could perform the most valorous acts, survive the most extreme odds, and drench the lands with the most enemy blood..."

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2017, 12:27:01 pm »

6 more hours left.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2017, 05:08:01 pm »

I think a 30 hour hosting period isn't viable anymore.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2017, 06:13:24 pm »

Huh? I think 30 hours is plenty.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2017, 06:15:42 pm »

It is. But we need to extend every day the last few turns.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2017, 06:16:39 pm »

I think it should be shorter - let the singleton we're waiting on miss their turns, I say!

Seriously though, we're still only at turn 15 - this shouldn't be taking crazy long yet.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2017, 06:30:06 pm »

It is. But we need to extend every day the last few turns.
Let's not?  ::)
I mean the turns will run automatically if we all submit, so there's really no need say it's "30 hours", if you mean "30, but really 42 if someone doesn't submit theirs". We should still do extensions, but only by request. People have phones, and computers at their jobs (or school) as a backup- if there is a real problem they can get a message to us.
Tell you what, let's do a vote on it, that poll at the top is not being used anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 36