Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 77738 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #600 on: March 18, 2017, 04:52:42 pm »

I don't think puppeting other players' characters should be a thing in this game.

*this from the guy with a second character so we don't have to wait on drivers. Hypocrisy? Probably*

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 18, 2017, 05:08:04 pm »

I don't think puppeting other players' characters should be a thing in this game.

*this from the guy with a second character so we don't have to wait on drivers. Hypocrisy? Probably*

It's fine, it's an action I was going to do anyway but wasn't physically around to re-post. But it would set a scary precedence.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 18, 2017, 05:17:12 pm »

It's fine, it's an action I was going to do anyway but wasn't physically around to re-post. But it would set a scary precedence.
It's not fine. I am talking 'in general,' rather than 'in gentlefish' particular case. I think hte rule should be "no puppeting, with exceptions." and the exceptions should be carefully controlled.For example, if one gives explicit permission beforehand.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 18, 2017, 05:30:02 pm »

Hence the precedence remark. I was talking about it being fine in my case; I was away and that was the action I was planning on taking, and someone essentially reposted it for me.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #604 on: March 19, 2017, 09:05:59 am »

It's not fine. I am talking 'in general,' rather than 'in gentlefish' particular case. I think hte rule should be "no puppeting, with exceptions." and the exceptions should be carefully controlled.For example, if one gives explicit permission beforehand.
Thats basically what I intended anyway. But as was said, Gentle's last action was to make things and he was just unable to make them at the time due to lacking materials. So I effectively pushed his action forward till when it was viable. The people puppeting him was just because I find the image funny.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 19, 2017, 09:59:36 am »

Yeah; I only did it because he had posted the action at a time it wasn't feasible.  If he hadn't said he would make the armor, Doug would have just gone around berating engineers until they did what he wanted, or maybe had another drink.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 19, 2017, 03:32:41 pm »

inquery

Could we use a piece of the crystal to store dead peoples minds until a new body can be built?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 19, 2017, 03:36:36 pm »

Now taking bets, how many turns until someone sends the bell back down to pick up the guys stranded on the worm mass?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 19, 2017, 03:36:55 pm »

Can I bet on "never?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 19, 2017, 05:11:07 pm »

It's not fine. I am talking 'in general,' rather than 'in gentlefish' particular case. I think the rule should be "no puppeting, with exceptions." and the exceptions should be carefully controlled.For example, if one gives explicit permission beforehand.
Thats basically what I intended anyway. But as was said, Gentle's last action was to make things and he was just unable to make them at the time due to lacking materials. So I effectively pushed his action forward till when it was viable. The people puppeting him was just because I find the image funny.
I have no objection to that, as a special circumstance. The IC puppeting was never an issue, and I agree, it was funny. I got a kick out of it, anyway.

Now taking bets, how many turns until someone sends the bell back down to pick up the guys stranded on the worm mass?
Seems like half the game is spent trying to get into and out of the Bore, as well as to get the Bore from one place to another.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 19, 2017, 05:30:23 pm »

Isn't the rope still there? Why can't you just use the rope?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 19, 2017, 07:38:23 pm »

Isn't the rope still there? Why can't you just use the rope?
climbing is dependent on the move skill.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 19, 2017, 08:06:54 pm »

I thought it was agreed that you didn't have to roll for stuff like that if you weren't actively being threatened by something.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 19, 2017, 08:37:21 pm »

If this keeps up I'm gonna have to build another bell and make them remote controlled or something.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 19, 2017, 08:42:01 pm »

Remote control hoverbell? Go anywhere!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 51