Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 77734 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #585 on: March 14, 2017, 01:12:23 pm »

I did the tinker page already, but I might just go ahead and start filling out all the character pages.

I did all of the currently active characters. Feel free to clean up, I'm kinda sloppy at web stuff, so they might not be pretty.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 02:00:42 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 14, 2017, 03:52:42 pm »

Could you skip mine, please?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 14, 2017, 04:19:17 pm »

If you're referring to your character page, it's too late. But feel free to edit the page I put up.

Sorry if the character pages were supposed to be left to the owners of the characters, I just thought it would be useful to do.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 14, 2017, 11:06:49 pm »

It's not that, it's because I can't do anything sneaky if everything known is on a public-access anyone-can-edit wiki.  Especially with a template, meaning that parts of the page cannot be edited without breaking many other pages.  Now I'm not doing anything sneaky, but it was nice to have the illusion that such a thing might be possible.

At least I do get to win my "bet" with RC, on that someone would make a templated character sheet that will stick around forever.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 14, 2017, 11:24:06 pm »

Think it'll stick around forever? I kinda hope not: the ER one was much more refined. On the otehr hand, Dig seems a lot more casual overall.
Yet, crafting. that way lies madness. But crafting appeals to gnomes, so if the game deepens, likely it'll bring in someone more interested in fiddling with templates than I.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 14, 2017, 11:40:02 pm »

Dev, I suggest you just maintain your char's wiki article yourself, and possibly add a note asking others not to edit it.  That allows you to control the information on it, and more importantly, makes sure the wiki gnomes don't end up being familiar with it.  Then, just hide any secret information in an out-of-the-way spoiler, or better yet just don't add it.

Saint's wiki page was only half maintained by me, and I wasn't even trying to hide information, but he still ended up having plenty of hidden things virtually nobody knew about simply because few people had any reason to look at his page beyond the stats and appearance.  Information being available does not equate to information being known.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 15, 2017, 03:11:16 am »

And the term "Template" Is here being used Loosely. There is an infobox template for the character stats sheets, but: the inventory, description, and background were all free handed with the current character pages. If there anything you want to sneak in, people might not notice as fast as you think at the moment.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 15, 2017, 10:28:21 am »

If you're referring to your character page, it's too late. But feel free to edit the page I put up.
Sorry if the character pages were supposed to be left to the owners of the characters, I just thought it would be useful to do.
Nah, that's fine, you're doing good work. Dev just has certain, ah, hang ups on this topic.

Either way, since pw isn't using the wiki to keep track of charsheets this time, Dev, you could easily delete the content you don't like of the page and leave it blank. Right now nothing is on there that isn't also in the char sheet you post with every action, so your capacity for sneaking or skulduggery shouldn't be impacted.

By the way, if people wanted an example of what you could use your character page for: on mine I added what I'm trying to build right now, as well as what tags I've already collected. Of course this could also be added to the charsheet you post in the thread, but that clutters it for pw and I find it's too unwieldy for lots of info I'll only occasionally need. Also things like an expanded character bio can go there. Think of it like your personal workspace (next to the one you get when you make an account for the wiki).

At least I do get to win my "bet" with RC, on that someone would make a templated character sheet that will stick around forever.
Lucky me then that I don't take sucker's bets  ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:30:18 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 15, 2017, 02:02:16 pm »

Either way, since pw isn't using the wiki to keep track of charsheets this time, Dev

Yet.  Care to take a bet that it'll happen, and that I'll have to do that repeatedly, note or not?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 15, 2017, 02:38:43 pm »

Either way, since pw isn't using the wiki to keep track of charsheets this time, Dev
Yet.  Care to take a bet that it'll happen, and that I'll have to do that repeatedly, note or not?
It's possible, but the way it's set up now is actually the most convenient for pw (doesn't have to check the wiki for anything) so I doubt he has much incentive to change (and anytime someone forgets their sheet he gets to make them autofail, how could he turn that down). As for the latter, we'll see, I could protect the page if it gets egregious.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #595 on: March 15, 2017, 06:07:19 pm »

It's possible, but the way it's set up now is actually the most convenient for pw (doesn't have to check the wiki for anything) so I doubt he has much incentive to change (and anytime someone forgets their sheet he gets to make them autofail, how could he turn that down). As for the latter, we'll see, I could protect the page if it gets egregious.
Piecewise, like most elemental forces capable of horribly mangling a person, follows the path of least resistance.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 15, 2017, 06:19:30 pm »

Much like a hurricane, you don't see it coming until it's too late but after it goes you're left with nothing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 15, 2017, 07:06:21 pm »

Oi PW, have you seen the Kingdom Death: Monster board game?  Conceptually, it looks up your alley, if not mechanically, what with survivors in a grim deadly wasteland tearing bits off hideous monsters to build a gloomy settlement before they die horribly in the dark.

Also it's kinda NSFW if you're googling that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #598 on: March 15, 2017, 08:01:20 pm »

Oi PW, have you seen the Kingdom Death: Monster board game?  Conceptually, it looks up your alley, if not mechanically, what with survivors in a grim deadly wasteland tearing bits off hideous monsters to build a gloomy settlement before they die horribly in the dark.

Also it's kinda NSFW if you're googling that.
Heard about it years ago my man. And yeah, its totally up my alley. Unfortunately, it costs literally hundreds to thousands of dollars and is rare as hell. Luckily you can play it on tabletop simulator. Models look crappy but hey, I care more about the game anyways.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 15, 2017, 11:58:15 pm »

Transcend: 80 =>95 (+10 character trait +5 eye disk)
Transcend: 80+5
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I require comment from the great skeletony one.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 51