Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 77390 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #495 on: February 18, 2017, 03:20:17 pm »

I do honestly think that the bore would survive the action I posted well enough, with the bonus of dealing lots of damage to what's probably a hostile sea monster of some sort.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 18, 2017, 03:23:04 pm »

maybe. But the sea is described as probably significantly deep. So, the Bore would risk sinking, and being crushed in the depths. i don't think the Bore is rated as a submersible, though I've never asked.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 18, 2017, 08:18:32 pm »

Was kinda hoping to go splash there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 19, 2017, 02:40:57 am »

The bore's airtight, and it's pretty unlikely that you could have an ocean deep enough to crush metal this far underground.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 19, 2017, 01:07:06 pm »

The bore's airtight, and it's pretty unlikely that you could have an ocean deep enough to crush metal this far underground.
Is it? I can't find that information in teh Rules, teh description of the Bore, or the Wiki.

Edit: You dummy, we just got our people down there! I wouldn't have resisted if you'd have tried thats before half the crew was in the drop zone. Or if you'd wait til they return.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 01:13:42 pm by Ozarck »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 19, 2017, 04:27:01 pm »

Oh my.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 19, 2017, 04:32:27 pm »

Oh come on people, metagaming?  I could really benefit from murdering the mole, since my char needs an eye disk, but I decided not to because Sifeebt has no way to know what he's doing before boarding the bell.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 19, 2017, 04:35:56 pm »

Does there have to be a main PW game?

Just not sure if anyone's ever suggested an alternative, what with the "what after ER" debate.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 19, 2017, 04:40:42 pm »

Oh come on people, metagaming?  I could really benefit from murdering the mole, since my char needs an eye disk, but I decided not to because Sifeebt has no way to know what he's doing before boarding the bell.

It's a bit iffy, I do agree, but a random char coming out of thin air to drop the entire bore on top of other player characters for no apparent reason but to cause chaos seems to be rather out there as well.

As for characters not knowing, I guess Legs shouting it out over comms gives an excuse in that regard, for what it's worth.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 19, 2017, 04:51:32 pm »

Legs sits in teh control chair, alone on the bridge. as soon as someone comes in to attempt to drive the thing, with the stated purpose of crashing it into the island below, he responds. And yes, he will yell over the intercom for people to come help, so I don't see those actions as meta. What? you want us to wait until after the conflict between Legs and ... I forget his name already ... to respond? That would be oddly meta as well.

It would be along these lines. "Well, we won;t know what he's going to do until he accomplishes it, so we must wait until the Bore is falling to act." instead of "Well, we won't know what he's going to do until he attempts it, and it is reported, at which point we should react naturally as our characters in game would - said characters not wanting to die pointlessly."

I mean, I suppose, everyone could add "when my character hears the call over the intercom, he'll run up to the bridge" or soemthing. that gives Egan a fighting chance to do the dirty deed before he's caught.

Here, i'll alter my intercom call to trigger when Egan actually starts trying to wrest control.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 19, 2017, 04:58:03 pm »

Instead of having doing some light reading, grab my rifle and shoot Maurice until he stops being a threat. Alternatively, until he stops being.

Bring your pistol and we can do it Pulp Fiction style
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 19, 2017, 05:00:05 pm »

Does there have to be a main PW game?

Just not sure if anyone's ever suggested an alternative, what with the "what after ER" debate.
That's entirely up to PW, but he seems to prefer having one main game and one or more side games.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 19, 2017, 05:32:03 pm »

Oz, I hadn't seen that you'd editted your action to mention it.  Normally speech is posted after the thing it's talking about, and I rarely reread old posts unless I'm looking for something.  Yes, calling him out justifies people coming back--I was under the impression people were psychically realizing the bridge was being boarded and rushing to defend it despite having no IC knowledge of the situation.  Guess I'll go edit Sifeebt's action.

@NJW
I'm pretty sure Dig is just a little game to hold people over until PW's done figuring out a good system for Oro.  At least, he keeps sending me links to various tabletop systems and asking me to break them, and I assume that's for Oro.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 19, 2017, 06:47:20 pm »

Public announcement that I've edited my action.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 19, 2017, 06:51:00 pm »

ALSO! I much point out that nobody has actually attempted to explain to Maurice why this is a bad idea IC, but everyone does seem very keen to open fire.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51