Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test) Flames, Germans, and a Demonic Girl  (Read 5826 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test)
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 06:20:46 am »

Slobodan dives towards cover, tries to spot German NCOs, aims at the most prominent on and fires. If he doesn't see any easy target, then he starts to provoke the enemies behind cover.

"Prepare to shoot them, guys, here I go..."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 11:47:28 am »

Switch to my Springfield and move to the next piece of cover.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 12:13:31 pm »

"Jesus men I just got shot twice! Someone get me a medic for God's sake!"

Get behind cover, try to not bleed to death.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 06:07:02 pm »

Richard returns fire.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 10:09:15 pm »

"You know what always wanted to try this."

Jack initiates Volley Fire to keep their heads down.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 03:39:37 pm »

TURN 3

Screams and dying can be heard over the skirmish

"Well, Shell. Got a plan?" Jack asks the clearly shellshocked ((hehehe)) woman. She doesn't answer and appears to be having a mental and physical lapse in concentration.

Abandoning that sentiment, he thinks about how he always thought about doing suppressive fire with a semi-automatic rifle. [7] Most of his shots miss or aren't noticed by the cowering Germans.

-$10
Spoiler: Jack (click to show/hide)

Shelly still ducks in cover. Jack stands beside her and unleashes hell. She stays there.

Spoiler: Shelly (click to show/hide)

Slobodan [3]  doesn't see shit. So, that being the case, he tries [18] with an extreme degree of success to coax one of the Germans out into the line of sight. In fact, he did it so well, that the two Germans with bullet wounds appeared in the windows. One aimed right at Slobodan and [15/1] in his rage forgets there is another man in front of him. The one who previously tried to help his comrades is torn to shreds by the angry man with the STG-44, whose gun explodes in a shower of splintered metal and bits of wood.

Spoiler: Slobodan (click to show/hide)

Seeing the above happen, Richard is unsure about whether to be disgusted or impressed. Either way he has a job to do. He fires at the angry and cursing German man. [15/20] He misses all but the last shot, which bounces off his helmet and into the ceiling.

-$10
Spoiler: Richard (click to show/hide)

Andrew pulls up his trusty bolt action rifle. Back through the street and into the building facing the German threat is the best cover, there's an artillery crater fifteen feet to his left, a burned out car hiding two of his comrades to his right. [8] The door to the house is locked and barricaded with iron bars on the outside that blended in with the door's pattern. The car seemed promising, but then a picture of a single well placed potato masher exploding rushed through his mind. That crater is suicide. So he opts to stay right where he's at, 'cause any cover worth having is either locked or a god damned liability.

Spoiler: Andrew (click to show/hide)

Ethan yells for a medic. Loud. He takes cover, a car hiding Shelly and Jack, holding his hand to the small hole in his abdomen in a vain attempt to hold in the blood. Around this time, the angry German kills his comrade. The man looked like a block of stereotypical Swiss cheese. [16] He sees that his arm isn't bleeding that bad. Nothing a good old bandage wouldn't fix. [1] He doesn't even want to see his gut wound. Nope. Not even a little.

[9] He's hit in the leg with the actual gun of the German man, giving him a small scratch.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Enemy Action

The angry, cursing, bleeding, possibly blind German is clutching at the grip of what was once a great machine of war. Now reduced to a paperweight. He tosses the gun out the window, [7/1] Throwing himself off balance and causing him to also fall out of the window to his death. The gun hits Ethan as he's just getting comfortable-ish.

The last one pokes his head out and sees multiple guns trained on him. He's a lad of about fourteen or fifteen, crying and waving a small bit of bloodied white cloth. He says inbetween ragged and gasping sobs, "Ich geben auf! Ich geben auf!"

Mission Budget: $3422
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 04:49:48 pm »

"Kommt hier! That's correct, right? Any of you speak german? Hat du Gewehr?

Try to use my meagre linguistic skills to make the german soldier get down from the building and out in the open. See if there are any reinforcements on the way.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 11:09:49 am »

"Kommt hier!"

"Okay! Ich werde die Treppe hinabsteigen. Schießen Sie mich nicht." The boy disappears into the building.

"Anybody know how to speak german?"
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 12:23:17 pm »

Richard takes the time to reload, while worriedly scanning all the buildings for snipers, he's heard the stories.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 03:05:11 pm »

Pull my Browning out again and go back on overwatch.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 04:36:03 pm »

"He said something about soldiers, though I'm not sure what. Should we kill him?"
Hide in cover.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 09:01:08 pm »

Continue trying not to die, screaming for help, and wondering why everyone is attacking me.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2017, 02:40:07 am »

"Dammit Shell." Jack swore "Don't worry Shelly they'll need to get past me to hurt you."

Jack stands protective of Shelly ready to pop any Kraut that rears their head.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 11:22:33 am »

TURN 4

The screams start ot die away as the injured men bleed to death.

Jack gets himself between any would be attacker from the house and Shelly, who is still unresponsive. He then realizes that she's probably a good foot or so taller than he is, so his defense there is almost a moot point. Nevertheless, he's ready to kill anyone who dares poke their head up.

-$10
Spoiler: Jack (click to show/hide)

Still stuck in lala land.

Spoiler: Shelly (click to show/hide)

"He said something about soldiers, though I'm not sure what. Should we kill him?"

Slobodan gets into cover. He spots an uncovered sewer entrance and climbs in, holding onto the ladder, with his back to it and his gun resting on the brim.

Spoiler: Slobodan (click to show/hide)

Richard reloads his rifle and watches the rooftops and windows for snipers, he'd heard stories. Lots of stories. He doesn't see anything.

Spoiler: Richard (click to show/hide)

Andrew replaces the 1903 with the BAR. He prepares to take another shot. [8]

-$14
Spoiler: Andrew (click to show/hide)

Ethan screams for help. The blood is seeping through his fingers at what looks like an alarming rate. He starts to feel dizzy from the loss.

Spoiler: Ethan (click to show/hide)

The huge doors near the house swing slowly open to reveal a dark alley. From in the alley comes a wall of bullets. The german lad has taken up using an MG34!
The bullets come like a torrential downpour of steel and fire. Jack and Shelly are both alright, the bullets not hitting anywhere but there. Ethan hears the bullets slam into the car he's hiding behind. Andrew's cover proves sufficient in blocking the bullets from killing him. Richard is caught in the open, but is fine.

Jack shoots the lad in the head, ending the assault immediately. Andrew fires just afterwards, not knowing the guy is dead.

Silence reigns. Ethan is still bleeding, now starting to die from the blood loss. The germans are all dead, but one, who continues to moan in pain. It probably won't be too long before somebody else shows up to aid in the firefight/provide relief for the dead.

Mission Budget: $3398
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:27:48 am by Sosoku234 »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 02:25:33 pm »

Shelly twichs and look's around street, it's over now.
She heads after the sniper that shot her, him might have a medkit.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7