Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test) Flames, Germans, and a Demonic Girl  (Read 5806 times)

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test)
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2017, 10:24:29 pm »

"Well, can't be to careful." Jack thought.

Jack decides to finally check on what Shelly shot up inside that closet.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test)
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2017, 11:51:17 am »

TURN 11

Airing on the side of caution, Jack goes back into the house, up the stairs and to the right. He stops at the foot of the door to the closet, where a large pool of quickly drying blood sits. The door is splintered and ragged in places, but mostly structurally sound. The doorknob assembly hangs loosely from where a few .45 caliber bullets ripped through the door surrounding it.

Jack pulls the door open. The light hits the corpse of a girl, looking no more than twelve or thirteen years old, bullet holes riddled throughout her, a single hole in her forehead. She wore a bright yellow dress, now stained in blood. She looks off into space above her. In her arms she cradled a small doll with bits of twine and stuffing splayed out the side.

Jack hears the reverberations of footsteps. He also hears the rumbling of a heavy diesel engine.

Spoiler: Jack (click to show/hide)

Shelly lights up some cancer sticks and puffs great clouds of whitish grey smoke.

She now hears the footsteps in question. There's also the rumbling of a heavy engine.

Spoiler: Shelly (click to show/hide)

Slobodan runs up the road towards the rest of the group. He hears rumbling and footsteps. He also hears a sound like radio static.

Spoiler: Slobodan (click to show/hide)

Upon seeing Andrew, Richard goes and tries to help clean up the distressed and injured man. He tries, but doesn't succeed in doing anything remotely helpful, besides rinsing the blood off his skin.

Spoiler: Richard (click to show/hide)

"I appreciate that. Not shooting me, that is. So what now?"

"I go this way, you go back."

"I have a mission to do, but you don't have to keep fighting. Just leave, please."

The german turns and says, "Oh, I am. I am leaving town. Don't go to the square. There are arschlöcher there." And with that, he makes like a tree and leaves

Andrew wanders back through the alleyway, careful to avoid the demon girl, just in case she wasn't dead. He loads in a new magazine for his BAR. He gets 'help' from Richard, though he only washed a bit of blood off him.

He hears footsteps and a deep rumble.

Spoiler: Andrew (click to show/hide)

Ethan comments on the footsteps, drawing everyone's attention to them. There's now also a deep rumbling with them.

Spoiler: Ethan (click to show/hide)

"Hey, where is everyone else?" Two seconds later, Slobodan comes up the street, following Richard, Ethan calls out the footsteps, and Andrew stumbles out of an alleyway, lightly bleeding all the way.

He hears commands barked in german. Over the footsteps and rumbling.

Spoiler: Karl (click to show/hide)

A single german pops out around the corner of the street entrance about sixty feet up the street. He stops and screams at the rest "WIR HABEN FEUER !!". He ducks into the building there. The footsteps quicken and there are hurried voices and shouted commands. The rumbling is placed when huge tank barrel shows in the intersection.

Mission Budget: $3301
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test) Flames, Germans, and a Demonic Girl
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2017, 02:24:26 pm »

How weird is it that I heard the footsteps before the giant metal death machine?

Civi houses ain't bulletproof, but military tanks is. Cower get behind cover, keeping my head low.

"Can your friend's in artillery gift us another helping hand?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2017, 03:42:58 pm »

"Of FUCK."
Andrew runs back into the alley with the girl's corpse in it, unless that's the alley they're coming down. If it is the alley they're coming down, retreat around a corner so the tank doesn't have a line of sight. Then, go on overwatch.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2017, 04:06:07 pm »

As any good Catholic would in the face of death Richard crosses himself before ducking to the nearest cover.

Richard hoists up his radio, "Firebird, this is bloodhound,

Adjust fire-"
Richard provides the correction from previous rounds fired "-danger close, armor and maybe 20 or so infantry, fire for effect, over."

"INCOMING!" Richard warns his comrades with a yell.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:15:26 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2017, 10:27:58 pm »

"Oh fuck, Shell" Jack stared dumbly at the dead girl, he paused at the noise before making a snap decision.

Jack first closes the eyes of the girl, then crosses her arms making sure the doll is secure, and finally he carefully lifts her in a bridal carry. He soon falls back either to the group or the original staging area whichever comes first. Someones got to own up to this, at the very least she deserves a burial.

Poohbah

• Bay Watcher
  • I hope I win the big cash.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2017, 04:00:35 pm »

search around for Gerrie's to cap

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2017, 03:57:32 pm »

Shoot wildy at the Germans.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2017, 01:08:34 am »

Shoot wildy at the Germans.
While smokeing, in fact can i use the muzzle flash to light my next smoke?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2017, 03:47:21 pm »

Sadly, no.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]