Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test) Flames, Germans, and a Demonic Girl  (Read 5814 times)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
WW2 Game (Mechanics Test) Flames, Germans, and a Demonic Girl
« on: January 02, 2017, 09:57:23 am »

D-Day + 14
Somewhere in the French countryside surrounding Normandy.

"Alright, boys! This will be a simple operation. Sweep from the north, and tell us what you see. Be back at 0730 hours." The Captain sends off a small squad of men to scout the town for about ten minutes. You're on the other side of the hill from the town and waiting orders.

"As for the rest of you, we'll move out at 0740. Penn, Ryan, Shelly, you other three. You are Alpha squad, you'll flank around the south and go street to street, house to house, door to door. Don't let Fritz keep them. Robertson, go sit in the ruins of that windmill over there and provide overwatch." He drifts off to the rest of the Company, leaving the three of you and Tommy Dean to prepare for your mission into town.

As everybody prepares for their part, shots start ringing out in the town. Quicker than anything anyone's heard since D-Day. Probably an MG42. It fires for a bit then let's off. One of the scouts comes back. He's dazed and obviously shaken by what he'd just seen. "They had... They had t-three machine guns, and twenty men. They m-met us just outside of town. Billy's dead, Ho-Horace is wounded a-and bleeding out. I lost John somewhere on the way back."

"Alpha squad. You're up. Go round the bend and come up through one of the side alleys. We'll meet you in the middle." And with that, you run. Once you arrive, you set inwards.

OOC/Signups

Players:
Spoiler: S34N1C (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Slick (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Funk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wunderkatze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STT (click to show/hide)
-Open
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:51:58 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: WW2 Game (Mechanics Test)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 02:19:34 pm »

"...Jesus" Richard wipes his brow.

Gripping his M1 Carbine tightly he sets off in the direction the captain ordered hugging the walls and watching the windows.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:50:02 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 03:11:55 pm »

((You should probably go register in the OOC.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 03:17:05 pm »

"Let's go get em!" Andrew shouts with zeal. He runs towards the objective, making sure to remain in cover.

((You should probably link the OOC in the OP))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 04:45:33 pm »

((You should probably go register in the OOC.))

((There's a lot of people should I just edit out my stuff?

Too be fair you didn't even put up a current player list.))

((Done.))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:26:55 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 04:47:19 pm »

((Nah. Just like make the sheet now. I'll let it slide.

And I've put the player list in.))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 05:08:39 pm by Sosoku234 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 07:32:26 pm »

((My character isn't even close to being mine :P))

"Looks like we are having kraut for lunch!" Follow everyone else.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 04:25:02 am »

"I guess at means i'm storming the street."
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 07:00:48 pm »

"I guess at means i'm storming the street."

"Ah...hell, don't worry Shell I'll back you up."

Jack follows Shelly to support her.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 11:57:04 am »

TURN 1

Everybody in the group moves up into the town. It isn't quite smashed to little bits, but it is littered with bomb craters every once in a while.

Richard whispers prayers to himself as he keeps his back to the wall, scanning the windows of the houses for german defenses. [12] You can see a small bit of light from in one of the houses, it immediately goes out. That's about it though.

With a shout of encouragement, Andrew runs bravely forward, and takes cover behind a solid, yet broken, street divider. [8] He doesn't see anything out of the ordinary, but the bombed out streets and random bricks in the road.

Ethan, follows Richard and Andrew , making remarks about what they'll be eating for lunch today, but doesn't make a huge effort to conceal himself, but doesn't attract any unwanted attention. [17] He does see a german helmet sink below a window sill and the barrel of an MP 40 in another. He sees the light in the room go out.

Shelly moves up, also not really keeping to cover. [6] She trips over a brick in the street, making a ruckus. A german man in the house across the street looks out the second story window and sees the whole unit. His look is one of horror at this bunch of soldiers moving down the lane.
 "ICH SEHE SIE!" He takes a pot shot with his Gewehr, [11/3] but misses, awfully. Another german head pops up out of the other window.

"Ah...hell, don't worry Shell I'll back you up." Just before she tripped.

Seeing and hearing the german take a shot at Shelly, Jack fires a few quick shots, [16/8/3] hitting the offending german in the gut and arm, and accidentally hitting the other one in the right side of his chest. They both go down, the second one falling out the second story window. Jack takes cover behind a burned up car.

-$10

$3490 Left in the Mission Budget.

((I will work on editing in the statuses later, and sorry for the absence, I'm rescheduling so I do an update every other day. Sorry for the inconveneice.))
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:45:22 am by Sosoku234 »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 04:52:08 pm »

"Oh marry!"

In a feeble attempt to surpress the Jerries Richard fires a volley of unaimed rounds into the windows.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 05:57:00 pm »

Stay where I am, and go on overwatch. Use my Firing Discipline skill if any enemies are encountered.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 01:12:48 am »

Civi houses? Ain't bulletproof. Send a burst beneath the windowsills, were a combatant would be concealed.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 07:40:37 pm »

TURN 1

A small firefight has been started.

Both Shelly and Jack move to cover and hunker down under somewhat light fire from an MP-40

Spoiler: Jack: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shelly Status (click to show/hide)

Richard shouts in surprise and fires into the windows. [9] The bullets struck the glass, the ceiling of the room and the wall surrounding the windows, but didn't find any soft targets.

-$10
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Andrew sits patiently behind the road median and waits for somebody to pop their heads up. [12+2]

Ethan uses his knowledge of how bullet resistant houses are to his advantage. He fires right under the windows in a sweeping motion. [19] His bullets are met with the screams of the wounded.

-$14

Enemy Action

Screaming is heard inside the house from the wounded. A dead man lies facedown on the sidewalk, a rapidly expanding pool of blood staining the pavement.

Inside, a soldier gets up to drag his wounded comrades back from the window, [13/12+2] he is shot in the shoulder and arm by Andrew. He scrambles back to avoid another volley from the clearly superior firepower.
-$14

Another moved to take a shot at Richard with an STG-44. [12/17] He misses by a foot and a half.

The first offender shoots at Ethan. [19/20] He gets some lucky shots against a lucky guy, hitting him in the gut, and left arm.

Mission Budget: $3442

((If you do not post an action, I will move you to cover and you will hunker down. This way I won't just kill you for being idle. But if you are idle for three turns, I will start making enemies fire at you.))

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 02:34:30 am »

"Well Shell got a plan?"

(We are next to each other, right?)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7