Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137354 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Doesn't the diver summon enemies?  Why send him first?"
"Because the gas could kill more people and the divers enemies can only target the diver who is good at protecting them self

"Did you miss the rock monster in the crystal cave?  That was brought in by some diver who thought we didn't have enough enemies.  And if the monster kills the divers, all you other meatbags get to die from something you can't fight back against.

And man, that rock monster was good at beating up meatbags.  Really good.

What you need is someone who isn't a meatbag, and doesn't have to breathe.  I'll go do it."

Go head to the airlock and make sure there are no meatbags around before opening the door.  At least no meatbags that aren't too dumb to leave.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:31:50 am by Devastator »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

"Because the gas could kill more people and the divers enemies can only target the diver who is good at protecting them self

"Did you miss the rock monster in the crystal cave?  That was brought in by some diver who thought we didn't have enough enemies.  And if the monster kills the divers, all you other meatbags get to die from something you can't fight back against.

What you need is someone who isn't a meatbag, and doesn't have to breathe.  I'll go do it."

Go head to the airlock and make sure there are no meatbags around before opening the door.  At least no meatbags that aren't too dumb to leave.

Forgot we had some metal men on board. Knock yourself out
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

As a zombie starfish, does Sifeebt even need to breath?  If not, what the hell, accompany Barg.  No way for that to go wrong~

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

"Well, seeing as how we have volunteers to go check out the murderous gasses outside, I guess that means I don't have to stick my ghostly neck out. Neat!"

Instead, build a simple safety harness one could use to stand on the outside of the bore while it's upright without falling off. For example, for when one would want to do repairs to the outside of the bore or paint something on the hull.

Also, would it be possible to construct a [mechanical 5] tag out of simple parts/materials we have in storage on the bore? Like how hollowing out some metal would add to it the [containing] tag?

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Climb into his pack while he's resting. It's been several days of drilling, so I presume he's sat down at least once in that time. If a starfish man doesn't carry things in a backpack, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you how a starfish man DOES carry things on its person.

Spoiler: Jenkens (click to show/hide)
[84/74]
He sees you.

Go down to the hanger and slap anyone who tries to open the doors till someone goes out the airlock and figures out if the gas is safe or not
You post up right outside the main hanger door and get ready to punch people trying to kill everyone through carelessness.

Em checks on Tony's head. How ya doin', buddy? Things good? Keeping it together? Beetles got to ya yet?

Legs teh Mover backs the Bore up two spaces and then digs straight down.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
Tony's head is surprisingly dry and in good condition for a severed head.

Really? Not gonna expore that? Ok.

As a zombie starfish, does Sifeebt even need to breath?  If not, what the hell, accompany Barg.  No way for that to go wrong~

You both head to the door...but the bore starts moving before you can even get the chance to get out.

"Well, seeing as how we have volunteers to go check out the murderous gasses outside, I guess that means I don't have to stick my ghostly neck out. Neat!"

Instead, build a simple safety harness one could use to stand on the outside of the bore while it's upright without falling off. For example, for when one would want to do repairs to the outside of the bore or paint something on the hull.

Also, would it be possible to construct a [mechanical 5] tag out of simple parts/materials we have in storage on the bore? Like how hollowing out some metal would add to it the [containing] tag?

Considering that harness is basically just a rope, I'll consider that done.

Hmm...maybe. Mechanical 5 is very high level though. A good pocket watch is mechanical 3-4. Mech 5 is like a difference engine or something.

Alright well Our driver has no interest in this and has decided to drive away.

The next thing you punch into seems to be an empty cavern, though again you only punch through with the drill before you stop. The temp is cool but normal for the depth and there's no sign of any environmental hazards.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((We can either go back to check out that gas after we deal with the current area, or we can send out an 'away' team using the crawler to the gassy area while the others go check out this cavern.))

Hmm...maybe. Mechanical 5 is very high level though. A good pocket watch is mechanical 3-4. Mech 5 is like a difference engine or something.

Perhaps assign a bunch of lower quality tags then that I'd need to find to build the mechanical 5? Does that seem fair to you?

Also, would letting some people check out the gas by traveling there with the crawler be an option, or would getting there take too long?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:28:39 pm by Radio Controlled »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

We can go back if enough people are interested in the high temperature, potentially toxic deadly nuke door weird yellow gas, and bug the driver about it. he's pretty indifferent to the experience.

Em moves to the crawler in anticipation of activity.

Legs the Mover waits for everyone to decide whether they'd rather explore this cave or the gas. If a majority of other players want to return to the gas room, he'll drive there, then report to an airlock for mechanoid exploration duty. Otherwise, if anyone in addition to Emissary wants to take the crawler out here in this cavern, he'll drive the crawler out on exploration mode, once everyone who wants to go is in the crawler.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

I vote we explore this new cave first, then go back to explore the heat one.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile

How? Siffy has 0 Find. Why is this not an opposed roll?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Yeah, and he's a starfish, how does he "spot" anything?  Do these starfish have eyes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Yeah, and he's a starfish, how does he "spot" anything?  Do these starfish have eyes?

How? Siffy has 0 Find. Why is this not an opposed roll?
...ok I guess you get it then. Can't argue when the guy you're stealing from is arguing on your behalf.

((We can either go back to check out that gas after we deal with the current area, or we can send out an 'away' team using the crawler to the gassy area while the others go check out this cavern.))

Perhaps assign a bunch of lower quality tags then that I'd need to find to build the mechanical 5? Does that seem fair to you?

Also, would letting some people check out the gas by traveling there with the crawler be an option, or would getting there take too long?

Hmm...maybe...I dunno. What kind of machine are you trying to make to be considered a mech 5?

Yeah, they could.

We can go back if enough people are interested in the high temperature, potentially toxic deadly nuke door weird yellow gas, and bug the driver about it. he's pretty indifferent to the experience.

Em moves to the crawler in anticipation of activity.

Legs the Mover waits for everyone to decide whether they'd rather explore this cave or the gas. If a majority of other players want to return to the gas room, he'll drive there, then report to an airlock for mechanoid exploration duty. Otherwise, if anyone in addition to Emissary wants to take the crawler out here in this cavern, he'll drive the crawler out on exploration mode, once everyone who wants to go is in the crawler.

We only have one vote so we'll see what people decide now that they know we can split the party.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm...maybe...I dunno. What kind of machine are you trying to make to be considered a mech 5?

A Depth Drive (recipe). I'm trying to up my psychic powers to enable me to dive deeper without immediately getting torn apart by monsters, and this is the most reachable bonus right now. A mantra or relic would also help, but to find those I need to get deeper, and to get deeper I need to power up...

The only other obvious way to break out of this catch-22 would be to gain good techniques to help me, but given how much those cost that might take a while. And so I'm gunning for a (powered-down, cause I only have a [deep 3] tag) depth drive, and need a [mechanical 5].

Either way, get on the phone back to home base and see if anyone picks up.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:19:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile

Great, now try to stick the eye disk to my forehead.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

FIX YO TAGS, PW! That post is a trainwreck. Much like half of my own.

Edit:

Await the outcome of the vote. emissary remains in teh crawler. Legs will drive the crawler if the bore remains here, or the bore if we are to move back to the hot poison gas hole. (control skill: 80
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:45:04 pm by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Have a look through the viewports and the bridge and other window like stuff. Scan to see if our immediate surroundings are indeed safe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70