Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137380 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Assist with building the still if a spare hand would be useful. Would the silver box the poison was in be structural-4 by any chance? If so, attempt to rescue it and replace it with cheaper ingredients.

If given any spare time this turn
If the Bore is not moving Verne tries to find a cave wall and looks for gems, metal, things of interest, anything structural-4.
If the Bore is moving, Verne does whatever he can to regain mind and body, or failing that goes to the library.

Spoiler: Verne (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Jenkens (click to show/hide)

Here's a small furry animal that knows how to drive. Maybe.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:59:15 pm by Egan_BW »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

Can I join up?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Can I join up?
Sure!

Here's a small furry animal that knows how to drive. Maybe.
Huh. Well, welcome.

Instantly feel myself become about 4.3 times smarter.

Then help build that still.

Did I give a recipe for a still?
You did:
Like a still?
Some structural, some containing, some chemical. shoot for 3, 3, 2. You can make the structural containing too if you hollow it out.

And we already have all the physical parts needed:
The box fits both tags actually, but removing it might be difficult. At least if you want to not spread radioactive poison through the bore.
Verne then later washed the box to get rid of the dust and offered it up for still building. As for the chemical tag needed, just take something from Tony's corpse, like some blood (which has chemical 2) or bile (chemical 3) or something.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Well, this is a weird still but...*rolls* Consider it made.

Nameless, Emissary of The MothKing, waits.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs the Mover examines the spiral pattern carefully, This time looking for details of interest. Particularly, he catalogues the Moth king's appearances, and looks to identify the most recent events.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

The moth king, as you call him, or maybe just others of his species, seem to show up erratically. The unifying fact is that they always seem to be around when the cave ecosystem is starting to get thrown out of whack. The most recent appearance seems to be when one showed up to halt the progression of the starfish people, who were spreading violently across the seafloor and had conquered most of it. Apparently the extinction of the other species and perhaps the continued expansion of the starfish beyond their current boundries was something the Moths didn't want. Though why, you're not sure.

Go to the library to multiply my knowledge gains by 10! Hope that we go somewhere soon.

Spoiler: "Coinflip" Rayes (click to show/hide)
Thats not how libraries work.

Assist with building the still if a spare hand would be useful. Would the silver box the poison was in be structural-4 by any chance? If so, attempt to rescue it and replace it with cheaper ingredients.

If given any spare time this turn
If the Bore is not moving Verne tries to find a cave wall and looks for gems, metal, things of interest, anything structural-4.
If the Bore is moving, Verne does whatever he can to regain mind and body, or failing that goes to the library.

You climb outside the bore and look at the cave walls around it. Sadly, you find no good veins of ore or raw gems sitting around. Maybe deeper....

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile

So, Siffy still has an uninstalled eye disk, somewhere not on his person. Go and sneakily nick that, then attempt to install it.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile

Get to work making some moonshine there is probally something that can be used in our supplies

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
(I personally imagine that moonshine would give a +5 to recover and healing checks but would be one use each bottle. Feel free to make your own stats)[/s]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:47:40 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Well, this is a weird still but...*rolls* Consider it made.
With a crafting system like this, what did you expect?

Still made and still suave, Joshua then shuffles over to the two walking corpses he made and slips them a voucher in whatever passes for a pocket. It reads
Voucher good for unlimited* preservative** baths*** with complimentary spit shine****. Redeemable at every quality bore in your local***** neighborhood.
*preservative supplies may not be unlimited
**preservation qualities not guaranteed
***may be a garden hose in your locality
****spit shine may not be complimentary
*****local as defined by galactic perspective

Go repair the hole in the command room, replace the window with a standard replacement (which should exist apparently:
The control room's damage is basically limited to the glass panel in the ceiling. There's probably some of those in storage. Replacements and all. If all else fails, you could just weld metal plates over the hole.

While working, Joshua picks up a radio and pretends to dial Nameless' number before wedging it between his head and shoulder to continue repairing.
"Nameless, darling, where you at? We're all but done here, all the dead that needed reviving have been kicked back, everything ransackable has been ransacked to satisfaction and we're basically just boozing up now while we wait to get moving. Well, some of us are making repairs to the bore, but still. How much longer do you think you and your hubby will need? Some of these rugrats start getting antsy sitting still. Already had a near terminal case of boredom end in a red shower. And that stuff stains, oh man, you wouldn't believe it."

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile

We found. A moth. And we are reading ... rocks.

Legs the Mover returns the crawler to the bore in the Bore.

"Where to?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

"Where to?"

"Wherever your heart tells you to go! You're the pair who just went on a vision quest after all.

...Well, except for plunging us into the depths below like that other guy wanted to, that'd be a ride a tad too wild for me. Perhaps back up a bit and then drill away diagonally, away from this cave? Your call, you're the acting pilot."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Where to?"

"Wherever your heart tells you to go! You're the pair who just went on a vision quest after all.

...Well, except for plunging us into the depths below like that other guy wanted to, that'd be a ride a tad too wild for me. Perhaps back up a bit and then drill away diagonally, away from this cave? Your call, you're the acting pilot."

Lets go around the lake and be careful moving the bore we haven't secured the still yet
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Make some moonshine using the new still grabbing some supplies to do so. After making some moonshine bolt the still to a wall as we get underway

(For moonshine I have an idea for it to be a one use medical item in addition to its RP use. My idea is a +5 to recover roll and a +5 to healing rolls as the person drinks it to dull mental damage and pours it on wounds to dull the pain of flesh wounds).
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:50:58 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Verne does whatever he can to regain mind and body.

Also, how much for a technique that involves a turn of meditation and breathing excercises before a turn of better aim? Like an enhanced aim, possibly reducing other stats temporarily and increasing damage taken, or if that isn't possible inflicting mind damage?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:04:32 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think there's actually an aim command for that that gives +10.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

Egan is incorrect, Sifeebt picked up his eye disk from his corpse in the update before last.  I just didn't post after.  I'd have someone install it, but right now I just don't feel like hunting a builder down and nagging them.

Might as well ask how much damage unarmed starfish attacks do.  You said they're better than human unarmed, but not by how much.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile

Did anyone collect all the stuff out of the trophy room? Or all the drift wood corpses? If not, somebody who's capable of such things should get on that.
Get in the bore if I'm not already there, then look for stuff to reinforce the diving suits… again.
Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 70