Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137853 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #540 on: February 19, 2017, 11:45:23 am »

Strap down with a new random book.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:10:04 pm by Pancaek »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2017, 01:31:46 pm »

Vokun limps over to the diving bell and requests a diving suit.

((I'll put up a sheet once I figure out how much body/mind I should have.))
((Should be about 35 mind/health recovered I think))

((Thanks for telling me. Also, it sounds like the bore won't be moving.))

Spoiler: Vokun Kaaz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:21:09 pm by Rautherdir »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2017, 01:41:46 pm »

((fifty. You should have fifty recovered. We've moved ten spaces since "the incident." Also, if you are trying to strap inot the diving bell, please be aware that there is drama on the bridge which might make that action ... risky.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 19, 2017, 02:37:01 pm »

Oops, I forgot to say I Wanted to go down, So, I'll dress in a diving suit, and go down and start poking around the inside of the structure

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
Scrap that. Go to the bridge to prevent Maurice from dropping the Bore. If I see any sort of physical confrontation I will draw my pistol and shoot Maurice. If I see Maurice at the control panel and Legs isn't nearby/Legs is subdued, I will shoot Maurice. If he isn't at the control panel or wrestling Legs, I will point my pistol and threaten to shoot him if he drops the Bore.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:42:39 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 19, 2017, 04:13:08 pm »

"What's this? A rogue diver*? We have to stop him before he kills us all!"

Instead of having doing some light reading, grab my rifle and shoot Maurice until he stops being a threat. Alternatively, until he stops being.

*[sic]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #545 on: February 19, 2017, 06:53:31 pm »

I leave for a few hours and people are trying to do a colony drop. Alright, fine.

Drop the bore onto it, drill first! Cowabunga!

Spoiler: Maurice (click to show/hide)

VS

"What's this? A rogue diver*? We have to stop him before he kills us all!"

Instead of having doing some light reading, grab my rifle and shoot Maurice until he stops being a threat. Alternatively, until he stops being.

*[sic]
Oops, I forgot to say I Wanted to go down, So, I'll dress in a diving suit, and go down and start poking around the inside of the structure

Scrap that. Go to the bridge to prevent Maurice from dropping the Bore. If I see any sort of physical confrontation I will draw my pistol and shoot Maurice. If I see Maurice at the control panel and Legs isn't nearby/Legs is subdued, I will shoot Maurice. If he isn't at the control panel or wrestling Legs, I will point my pistol and threaten to shoot him if he drops the Bore.
Sifeebt will don a diving suit and ride the bell down.  He'll wait for someone else to touch the island before he leaves the bell, though.

syv reading comprehension: zero.  Sifeebt will stealthily head over to where Nameless is, making an effort to stay unseen and unheard by any lurking horrors despite the heavy diving suit.

Welp, go defend the bridge from a rabid mole.  Make sure not to harm the Eye Disk.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
::)
-urge to murder falling. urge to murder ... rising. Let's find something to murder-

Nameless looks to Bargthor and gestures to the water. "Checking. Under." he says.

Nameless will test out the diving suit by dropping into the water next to the island and having a peek. We got headlights on this thing?

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)

Legs the Mover goes dormant until needed locks the Bore down to prevent it being dropped onto our explorers. If/when Maurice attempts to drive the Bore onto our away party, he'll resist and call out:
All hands, we have a rogue driver attempting to drop the Bore onto our away team. Please report to the bridge to assist in preventing this action.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)
44/30
So Maurice fails his move roll to try and outrun literally anyone and hit some switches. He doesn't have an attack action so he'll just be defending.  Lets see about legs' action.
22/80
So he effectively locks it down. Now, lets roll ranged first because there's no counter to that roll from mr. mole.

81/80 Muffin misses but doesn't cause any collateral damage.
40/70 Razor hits, deals 9 damage x 2 because critical against 0 skill. Maurice at 72 HP
Sifeebt attacks 14/90 vs 55/90, hits, deals double damage, 12 x 2, 48 HP left.

At this point Maurice gets to the console, despite being shot and stabbed, and gets a chance to try and unlock and use it.  I'm putting that at a difficulty +20 because...well because of obvious shit. So he's effectively rolling with a 40 skill. 82/40. No luck this time.

Hey guys, next time instead of just trying to generically attack him, maybe try to grab him? Wrestle him down?

-urge to murder falling. urge to murder ... rising. Let's find something to murder-

Nameless looks to Bargthor and gestures to the water. "Checking. Under." he says.

Nameless will test out the diving suit by dropping into the water next to the island and having a peek. We got headlights on this thing?

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
You walk over to the edge of teh ball and lower yourself into the water. You didn't grab any ballast so you float around at about neck height. You wiggle around until you're floating upside down and look around in the water. There are headlamps on the suit, but you don't really need them for this. There's already lights down there, far below. The're greenish blue and quite faint, not much more than pinpricks in the gloom, but there are lots of them and they don't look to be randomly arranged. There are straight lines and hard angles in their paths.

Use the gauntlets to give one of the long worms a cut.

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
You reach down and catch one of the worms between the metal fingers of the gauntlets and give it a pinch. You snip straight through a bit of it, leaving a big cut in its side, but it just keeps squirming forward, heedlessly.
Use this fancy new diving bell to safely lower anyone else who wants to join the away team down to Tapeworm Town. Then either help out the others in restraining this rogue driver that came out of nowhere, or (if he isn't an issue anymore) crawl back into my safe space and dive down to lvl. 2 to check out Tapeworn Town from the perspective of the Deep.

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
How exactly do you want to fight him when you have no combat skills whatsoever?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2017, 07:02:00 pm »

"Why? Mu-au-rice just want to slay evil cre-at-ure."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2017, 07:04:11 pm »

Wander over towards the building and look in the front door.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2017, 07:23:58 pm »

Decapitate the mole.  Then collect the head.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2017, 07:27:12 pm »

First off, technically I should have just threatened him, but that's fine. Try to execute the mole with my pistol before Sifeebt can decapatate him

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #550 on: February 19, 2017, 07:35:55 pm »

I'll point out you guys are shooting him even though he has no action to continue his attempts at bore drop.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 19, 2017, 08:02:15 pm »

"Hmouh. Okay."

Grab the man with the sword by the head, then press his head against the barrel of the woman's pistol. Use other hand to grab his sword.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:13:28 pm by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2017, 08:30:28 pm »

I'll point out you guys are shooting him even though he has no action to continue his attempts at bore drop.
As a wise man once said, no half measures.

If we do kill him, can we trap his soul in a little piece of the crystal?

Edit - oops, this was supposed to go in OOC
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:46:26 pm by The Lupanian »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #553 on: February 20, 2017, 01:27:05 pm »

Wander over towards the building and look in the front door.

You poke your head through the front door and find the internals of the structure to be noticeably well maintained. There's no fabric or anything anywhere, nothing porus, everything is solid including the furniture. You assume these strange, undulating blocks of grayish stone are furniture. They're very carefully carved  and have repeating forms, much like chairs, so its hard to imagine they are anything else. The murals are in here too, covering the walls and ceiling, but the most interesting part is that the path into the room above and below is simply a hole in the ceiling or floor respectively. There's no ladder or stairs or anything.

And through the hole in the floor, which is half obscured by a worm body moving through it, you can see shiny things in the room below this one.

Decapitate the mole.  Then collect the head.

First off, technically I should have just threatened him, but that's fine. Try to execute the mole with my pistol before Sifeebt can decapatate him

"Hmouh. Okay."

Grab the man with the sword by the head, then press his head against the barrel of the woman's pistol. Use other hand to grab his sword.

63/30
07/70
32/40

54/90 vs 14/80 dodged
33/70 vs Nothing 14 damage 34 remaining HP
13/85 vs 93/80 Got him.

Sifeebt and Razor attack Maurice again. Maurice gets a good shoot off on him, blowing a chunk of fur and flesh off him, but Maurice dodges Sifeebt's blow and then catches the deathless' sword arm with one paw and head with the other. He twists Sifeebt's arm behind his back and proceeds to use him as a human shield, shoving him straight into Razor's pistol barrel, forcing Razor into melee range and blocking her shot at the same time.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 20, 2017, 01:54:11 pm »

"Gentlemen and gentlemole, please, no fighting in the war room! Or the control room! In fact, please cease your hostilities altogether, I'm sure we can come to a peaceful solution here if you could stop stabbing and shooting and bore-dropping each other for just a second."

Go go gadget crisis negotiator!

If tensions die down, be a medic for Maurice and bind his wounds.

How exactly do you want to fight him when you have no combat skills whatsoever?
Ah, so does the penalty for being outnumbered not trigger when a combatant has no fight skill? Makes sense I guess, the idea was to just give the other combatants a bonus/give the defender that penalty from being outnumbered.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:52:39 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70