Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70

Author Topic: DIG: VOTE  (Read 137874 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Squish
« Reply #525 on: February 18, 2017, 10:32:35 am »

The whole Ocean is going to be like this. And, we are the single most poorly equipped underexplorers ever.
Legs the Mover makes preparations to move the Bore back to the starting square in order to dig down left from there. In fact, if no one objects, Legs will actually return the Bore to the starting square and Bore down-left five squares, or until we hit something.

Edit!!! If we're stuck here hanging above limbo for the next dozen turns, Legs will orient the Bore such that it can be lowered as much as possible out of the hole, then will lower it as much as safely possible out of the hole.

Spoiler: Legs The Mover (click to show/hide)

Dormant until useful. If The bore remains here, Nameless will assault a random person with high build and insist that said person tie a rope to the Bore so Nameless can climb down to TapeWorm Town. Let the inactive builders build a diving bell and a rope ladder for the less agile.

Edit: if no one establishes a method of getting in and out, and we are forced to sit here in this tunnel while R_C and Pan tinker, Nameless will grab a diving suit, suit up, and climb to the lowest spot he can reach before dropping into the water.

Spoiler: Nameless (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 01:34:36 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 18, 2017, 11:22:17 am »

The whole Ocean is going to be like this. And, we are the single most poorly equipped underexplorers ever.
Legs the Mover makes preparations to move the Bore back to the starting square in order to dig down left from there. In fact, if no one objects, Legs will actually return the Bore to the starting square and Bore down-left five squares, or until we hit something.
"I'd like to object to that good sir! Surely we can't let this wondrous freak of nature float around without at least taking an inquisitive closer look. If you could perhaps move the bore upright again so we can do our work, I'd be happy to help whip up a Tapeworm Town Exploration Solution."

If the bore is put upright again, start working on a diving bell and wench combo to lower our intrepid investigators down with.

If the bore moves away from here anyway, try to instead dive down to lvl. 2 to take a look at the island before we are out of range.

"Friend robot dessert, would you perhaps help me find the materials I need for constructing a bell of diving and the means to lower it down?"

Spoiler: Joshua Abraham Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:57:23 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 18, 2017, 01:13:17 pm »

out of courtesy for the other players, I did not act unilaterally in drivingthis bore to exactly wherever the fuck I wanted.

Please use a little courtesy and use your build skill for putting a rope or rope ladder up so we can actually do shit, before you start the dozen turn long metallurcical process of building hte Ideal Underwater Exploration Device.

Your character can get about and do things without help, after all. Mine (with move of 80!) can't, because so far everything we've found has been at the bottom of a seventy foot sheer drop with noclimbable surfaces. And Nameless is the most mobile charater in the game so far, outside of the Deep Sea.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 18, 2017, 02:05:30 pm »

"Sod this faffing about."

Go for the dive

Spoiler: Bargthor-47 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:15:07 pm by Devastator »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 18, 2017, 02:27:39 pm »

Grab a really long rope, fasten it to the inside of the bore, throw it out the hangar door so people can climb down to the worm island.
Do we have gas masks or anything similar?

I sincerely hope I don't need to make any skill checks to do this, otherwise I'm going to get somebody killed.

Spoiler: "Razorblade" Rede (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:34:05 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 18, 2017, 02:35:43 pm »

-deleted. No "hey, this is a simple problem, that any of four people on the ship could fix, if they gave a damn, but they don't, so I'll do it" characters.-
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 04:53:35 pm by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 18, 2017, 02:38:33 pm »

"Friend robot dessert, would you perhaps help me find the materials I need for constructing a bell of diving and the means to lower it down?"
"Can do."

Go search for diving bell materials and bring them to Joshua.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #532 on: February 18, 2017, 06:32:11 pm »

Oz is having a mild meltdow so fuck it, lets do things.

Edit!!! If we're stuck here hanging above limbo for the next dozen turns, Legs will orient the Bore such that it can be lowered as much as possible out of the hole, then will lower it as much as safely possible out of the hole.

Dormant until useful. If The bore remains here, Nameless will assault a random person with high build and insist that said person tie a rope to the Bore so Nameless can climb down to TapeWorm Town. Let the inactive builders build a diving bell and a rope ladder for the less agile.

Edit: if no one establishes a method of getting in and out, and we are forced to sit here in this tunnel while R_C and Pan tinker, Nameless will grab a diving suit, suit up, and climb to the lowest spot he can reach before dropping into the water.

"Sod this faffing about."

Go for the dive

Grab a really long rope, fasten it to the inside of the bore, throw it out the hangar door so people can climb down to the worm island.
Do we have gas masks or anything similar?

I sincerely hope I don't need to make any skill checks to do this, otherwise I'm going to get somebody killed.

Jakie finds a nice 100 foot rope in the storage room and ties it to a handle in the air lock. He then throws the end of rope out and it unfurls, landing on the worm island below. The good news is that the island doesn't spaz out or start climbing the rope, so thats a plus.

Nameless and Brag dawn their dive suits after a bit of struggling and aid from Jakie and make the long climb down to the surface.  The actual surface of the wormball is quite...well...disconcerting. The surface isn't as squishy as they expected, the worms are surprisingly dense, almost like the rubber of a car tire, and they're always moving. Standing anywhere on the surface is like standing on a very slowly moving treadmill that in turn will wriggle down beneath other treadmills so that, if you stand still, you end up traveling around the surface in a random fashion, passed from one worm to another. The structure, much more visible from the surface, is clearly a ruin of some sort. Its rather plain looking at first glance, a tower cut from grayish stone with no real ordimentation on the outside, but when they look closer they see that it has in fact been carefully painted with elaborate murals and scenes, just that they've all but washed away by now, faded into near invisiblity. The creatures depicted in the murals are quite odd looking; almost like giant clumps of roots or starfish with randomly branching sub limbs. They appear to be riding these worm creatures, so perhaps if these beasts are still alive the starfish people are too.

The first floor interior of the building, from what Brag and Nameless can see without jamming their faces into the building, is badly damaged, but still unique. Judging from the fact that much of the remaining...furniture? Its really hard to tell. But judging from what remains of it, they build most of their interior things out of hard and water resistant materials.

"Can do."

Go search for diving bell materials and bring them to Joshua.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I'd like to object to that good sir! Surely we can't let this wondrous freak of nature float around without at least taking an inquisitive closer look. If you could perhaps move the bore upright again so we can do our work, I'd be happy to help whip up a Tapeworm Town Exploration Solution."

If the bore is put upright again, start working on a diving bell and wench combo to lower our intrepid investigators down with.

If the bore moves away from here anyway, try to instead dive down to lvl. 2 to take a look at the island before we are out of range.

A diving bell is actually pretty simple, assuming it doesn't need to survive very high pressures. a good amount  of structural 3, some structural 2-transmitting 2..ah fuck it you can find all this stuff on the ship already.

48/70.

Done. Its about 10 feet across and literally looks like a big metal bell with a flat bottom and tapering sides up to a curved top with a hitch to attach a metal line to. You have a few hundred feet of metal cable and a wench strong enough to lower and raise the bell and a full load of maybe 5-6 people. The door to the bell is on the bottom, just as it normally is, and it should be able to survive the pressure of its entire line worth of depth.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 18, 2017, 07:43:04 pm »

Use this fancy new diving bell to safely lower anyone else who wants to join the away team down to Tapeworm Town. Then either help out the others in restraining this rogue driver that came out of nowhere, or (if he isn't an issue anymore) crawl back into my safe space and dive down to lvl. 2 to check out Tapeworn Town from the perspective of the Deep.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:15:03 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 18, 2017, 08:09:48 pm »

Oops, I forgot to say I Wanted to go down, So, I'll dress in a diving suit, and go down and start poking around the inside of the structure See later in thread

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 03:23:02 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 18, 2017, 08:11:35 pm »

-urge to murder falling. urge to murder ... rising. Let's find something to murder-

Nameless looks to Bargthor and gestures to the water. "Checking. Under." he says.

Nameless will test out the diving suit by dropping into the water next to the island and having a peek. We got headlights on this thing?

Legs the Mover goes dormant until needed locks the Bore down to prevent it being dropped onto our explorers. If/when Maurice attempts to drive the Bore onto our away party, he'll resist and call out:
All hands, we have a rogue driver attempting to drop the Bore onto our away team. Please report to the bridge to assist in preventing this action.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:53:32 pm by Ozarck »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 18, 2017, 08:17:37 pm »

Use the gauntlets to give one of the long worms a cut.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 18, 2017, 08:40:34 pm »

Sifeebt will don a diving suit and ride the bell down.  He'll wait for someone else to touch the island before he leaves the bell, though.

syv reading comprehension: zero.  Sifeebt will stealthily head over to where Nameless is, making an effort to stay unseen and unheard by any lurking horrors despite the heavy diving suit.

Welp, go defend the bridge from a rabid mole.  Make sure not to harm the Eye Disk.

Spoiler: Sifeebt, Roa Deathless (click to show/hide)
::)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 18, 2017, 09:04:04 pm »

((I think Barg and nameless are standing on the surface already.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 19, 2017, 03:18:44 am »

Drop the bore onto it, drill first! Cowabunga!
Put my hand over the Legs contraption's mouth, so it can't make that horrible screeching sound.

Spoiler: Maurice (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 06:43:31 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70